BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sam Bailey - The Power of Love, 1st album | March 24th
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 23rd December 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Sam Bailey has said that she hopes to release her debut album in the spring.

The X Factor winner - who has scored this year's Christmas number one with 'Skyscraper' - revealed that she is hoping to have a mixture of cover versions and original tracks on the LP.

The singer told OfficialCharts.com: "2014 is going to be a huge year for me. Basically, I'm in the studio pretty much straight away. We're hoping to get an album out for spring. On the album, I'm going to try and do things a little bit differently.

"I want to do some songs that people haven't heard in a while, and bring back some stuff that people probably haven't even heard of, so that it feels like a new song.

"I'm going to try and do some stuff of my own and get some songs out there that are originals. We're getting our head together in the next few weeks just to see what we can come up.

"I'm really excited and I'm just ready to knuckle down and get this album out," she added.

I'm really disappointed that they seem to want this out as soon as possible, and are just going to throw some covers on. sad.gif Mother's Day album right enough... Regardless, VERY excited to hear it, I'm sure it'll be fab wub.gif

This post has been edited by Calum Sandé: 19th February 2014, 01:18 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 23rd December 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Bargain bin at Asda this time next year then? smile.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 23rd December 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I hope she can do well, i really liked her on X Factor but i didnt/dont like skyscrapper, it was one of her weakest performances for me as i dont like the song. She has the voice i just hope syco know how to manage her as she ha sthe talent if given the right material.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd December 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

That'd be a huge mistake if they just rushed it out for Spring!

They should go all out hip-hop and have lots of featured rappers, lots of bling.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd December 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It's ridiculous how just because she's older she gets a covers album for Mother's Day :/ She could at least have done a Céline type album - even if they had to get some Gary Barlow penned songs! It's a bit disapponting, even with Sam behind it I don't think I can much enjoy a bog standard covers album.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 23rd December 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

Although cover versions sound a little disappointing I think she's going to be an albums artist anyway and I think most of her fans will buy it for her voice rather than the songs.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 23rd December 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I'm sure they'll put out a Deluxe Edition in time for X Factor and Christmas 2014.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd December 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I think it's wiser for her to have an album out sooner rather than later tbh.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd December 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension

I'm not so sure it is, it'll be a lower sales climate and she won't have that X-Factor platform to promote it. Plus the album will fall away very quickly if it's a mother's day cash-in.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd December 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad

I would rather people forgot about her for a while and then she came back late next year and people were like "THAT'S the voice I remember voting for, definitely getting the album!" instead of being pounced upon for a quick Mother's Day cash-in. It'll fare well with sales around that period, but will probably perform drastically afterwards. It's a shame. sad.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd December 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #11
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I feel like "It'll fare well with sales around that period, but will probably perform drastically afterwards." could just as easily apply to her releasing in the 4th quarter of 2014 though! sad.gif

She's already being written off by some as being too old & irrelevant to make it, so I don't think Sam biding her time for a year will necessarily improve those attitudes. People have a fixed idea about who she is, and I'm not sure her attempting to prove people wrong will change people's minds tbh.

I don't really have much faith that a Sam Bailey album of contemporary originals, released a year from now, will be a greater commercial prospect than a Sam Bailey album comprising covers & originals in spring. She'll probably still draw in the same demographics, but in one scenario she'll be fresher in those people's minds. At least she'd be striking while the iron was somewhat hot?

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 23rd December 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

I want a full album full of original songs sad.gif

This post has been edited by *Tim: 23rd December 2013, 01:48 PM

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd December 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Jạy @ Dec 23 2013, 01:43 PM) *
I feel like "It'll fare well with sales around that period, but will probably perform drastically afterwards." could just as easily apply to her releasing in the 4th quarter of 2014 though! sad.gif

She's already being written off by some as being too old & irrelevant to make it, so I don't think Sam biding her time for a year will necessarily improve those attitudes. People have a fixed idea about who she is, and I'm not sure her attempting to prove people wrong will change people's minds tbh.

I don't really have much faith that a Sam Bailey album of contemporary originals, released a year from now, will be a greater commercial prospect than a Sam Bailey album comprising covers & originals in spring. She'll probably still draw in the same demographics, but in one scenario she'll be fresher in those people's minds. At least she'd be striking while the iron was somewhat hot?

You're right. It's probably lose/lose for her either way if she wants to gain any new fans. Ah well, hopefully the age demographic she's secured fans from will continue to support her and she at least has decent album sales! happy.gif Don't want her to end up like Jahméne and Marcus though. sad.gif

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 24th December 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
User: 30

I sniffed this coming a mile away.

She could carve a very decent career as an albums artist Rebecca Ferguson style, but SYCO seem to want to throw her under a bus before even giving her a chance. Wash, rinse, repeat and all that.

Maybe they made this decision based on the single's poor performance.

Additionally, James Arthur went on and on last year about how he'd have an album out late spring and then the summer, but it was ultimately held back.

+Quote this post
Neil
post 24th December 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016

As much as I love Sam, I can't imagine any way for her to have long lasting commercial success, so I think it's best to strike while the iron's hot.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd January 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The album is called The Power Of Love and is out March 24. It will feature a mix of new tracks and cover songs apparently.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd January 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #17
Group icon
nabad

Great title! Would love to hear her cover 'I Will Always Love You', but that's probably too much of a well-known classic given she's said they'll be lesser known.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 23rd January 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Very typical of SYCO releasing a heavily covered album to cash in on Mother's Day. Doubt they will put much effort into this project given its rush release and she will probably be another flash in the pan...

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 23rd January 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Ergh sick to death of these, why people buy these terrible cover cash in albums I'll never know. Nothing will beat Celine's Power Of Love either smoke.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd January 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Break the tension

So the top 2 finalists from last year's show are releasing cheap Mother's Day cash-ins?

That is a MAJOR embarrassment for the show, quite frankly. laugh.gif

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:21 AM