BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could The Spice Girls Have Continued After Forever?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Spice: Forever
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Shia LeMuffQueef
post 23 hours ago
Post #61
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(cripesdude @ Feb 15 2018, 07:50 AM) *
I think they'd have gotten a third No 1 album and maybe a few more No 1 singles.

Thanks for that post Jay - always with the facts! Imagine a Forever with those 1999 tracks instead!

Also, let's not forget this INSANE fact: everything they released as a group was a UK No 1 or No 2 (to be fair Headlines just wasn't a 'proper' single).

That album would have been so much better! WOMAN sounds amazing.

Um, it was a single. It was the OFFICIAL CHILDREN IN NEED SINGLE laugh.gif

OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!

I remember seeing this on tv when I was a kid when it first aired, before the songs had even been released!!!!!! Can't believe it's on yt 18 years later.

Watch 11:34 , I've always remembered their conversation about Eastenders! I was amazed at that age that a Spice Girl would do normal things like watch soaps laugh.gif OMG the part I most remember, that conversation, is the screenshot for the thumbnail too!! laugh.gif

That Edith woman looks bored doing the interview, just like Mel C laugh.gif

Omg listen to 14:00 - Mel C saying the band 'wasn't the real deal' and basically a 'hobby'! That's why the album ended up like it did.

No wonder the video's so great - it was by the Out Of Your Mind director too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post 22 hours ago
Post #62
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

To be honest back then I think they were under the impression that the 5 girls would all have very lucrative solo careers, given how huge they were as a group and how well known they were individually. Look at The Beatles I'm sure they were under the misguided view that they would be similar to them 4 and have huge or decent careers away from the band. In reality only Geri and Melanie C ever really had real success and even then nothing on the level of success of solo Beatles.

At the time their careers were doing well though Mel B had a #1 and a good selling top 20 hit. Melanie C had a massive #3 hit as well as 2 more top 5's and 2 number 1s, and Northern Star was selling really well. Geri had 4 big solo hits 3 of them being number one and her album on the way to half a million in the UK. Emma and Victoria both had big #2 hit singles... i guess this was looking very positive for Virgin.

+Quote Post
Michael Andrew
post 12 hours ago
Post #63
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Feb 21 2018, 10:40 PM) *
Omg listen to 14:00 - Mel C saying the band 'wasn't the real deal' and basically a 'hobby'! That's why the album ended up like it did.

These days Melanie C is one of the most grounded. But I think she shows her youth and naivety a little here.

She comes across as quite dismissive of something they've encouraged thousands of kids to believe in. I remember being a little bit heart-broken by her back then.

Thank you Shia for sharing!

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: 12 hours ago

+Quote Post
Shia LeMuffQueef
post 6 hours ago
Post #64
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Feb 21 2018, 11:34 PM) *
To be honest back then I think they were under the impression that the 5 girls would all have very lucrative solo careers, given how huge they were as a group and how well known they were individually. Look at The Beatles I'm sure they were under the misguided view that they would be similar to them 4 and have huge or decent careers away from the band. In reality only Geri and Melanie C ever really had real success and even then nothing on the level of success of solo Beatles.

At the time their careers were doing well though Mel B had a #1 and a good selling top 20 hit. Melanie C had a massive #3 hit as well as 2 more top 5's and 2 number 1s, and Northern Star was selling really well. Geri had 4 big solo hits 3 of them being number one and her album on the way to half a million in the UK. Emma and Victoria both had big #2 hit singles... i guess this was looking very positive for Virgin.

Yup, their solo careers were spicier than their final album which was kinda lifeless. Come to think of it, I'm not surprised Virgin thought that was the way forward.

QUOTE(Michael Andrew @ Feb 22 2018, 09:50 AM) *
These days Melanie C is one of the most grounded. But I think she shows her youth and naivety a little here.

She comes across as quite dismissive of something they've encouraged thousands of kids to believe in. I remember being a little bit heart-broken by her back then.

Thank you Shia for sharing!

Absolutely! That's exactly what I was thinking about her lack of maturity/ youth here. She basically did not care by that point. 'This is the real me', etc. Well, yeah, but you got there through the Spice Girls. For that last album, she should have at least tried to be a little less dismissive.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2018 - 10:28 PM