BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Traitors UK • Series 2, January 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 5th January 2024, 12:52 AM
Post #41
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I believe it's only episodes 2 and 3 that have gone onto iPlayer early, it's not happening for the rest of the series, so there wouldn't be a need for a separate thread past tomorrow night! (otherwise a great idea imo)

Anyway, I'm really pleased I'm finding so much enjoyment in this series so far. The cast of series 1 felt like a lightning in a bottle moment, but the series 2 cast are doing a great job so far. The traitors haven't quite grabbed me the way Amanda in particular did last time, but it's early days. Diane is iconic, I'm not sure I'd enjoy her company that much based on what I've seen but she makes excellent TV! Gutted to have lost a couple of potentially great characters already, but I remember at this point in series 1 we hadn't really seen much of people like Hannah who became more prominent later in the series, so it'll be interesting to see who rises up.

Also how did nobody notice Paul's complete lack of poker face right after the traitor selection tearsmile.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 5th January 2024, 03:28 AM
Post #42
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

we can't use spoiler tags on phones, so slippery and fiddly lulu2.png but we can use strikethrough and indents lulu.png

LOVING the series so far. I only watched the first series a few weeks ago and was amazed, god knows why I didn't watch it when it aired. I do feel like production are hoping for a traitor(s) win this series given they've upped the number (and probably will recruit down the line too if/when things get messy), but more traitors also has the potential for it to all fall apart even quicker than it did last time with them turning against one another. Excited to see how it all unfolds laugh.gif

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 5th January 2024, 08:21 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I've finished 2 and 3 last night... loving Diane and Jonny too.

Paul I've mellowed too as well - He seemed very OTT the first 20 minutes of the first ep and I was getting Traitors OZ series 2 vibes Mel B.png

The Mother/ Son thing was a shock - although they seem fairly good at playing the game and having each other's backs.

Such a cliffhanger as well

Part of me wants Ash to survive, just for the fallout. However she has been a pretty crap Traitor and always unsure and questioning herself. She didn't really defend herself in a great way either

Overall enjoying this series smile.gif

Can't believe we now have to wait until Wednesday!

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 5th January 2024, 08:26 AM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th January 2024, 12:09 PM
Post #44
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Sonja, gone too soon cry.gif I find it so interesting how herd mentality develops. A couple of people having "facts" about Sonja, and suddenly everyone (who probably didn't have strong feelings about Sonja's chance of being a traitor) then latch onto it and vote for her. I can appreciate it must be difficult to choose somebody when you've spent a little amount of time with a large group of people.

Screamed at Diane's "YES" when Sonja was revealed to be a faithful! laugh.gif She's far too much. Obviously we know she's off base with Anthony, and her reasoning behind it is simply stemming from dislike. The line up happened before the traitors were chosen yet she thinks (her perception of) his behaviour makes him a traitor! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th January 2024, 03:07 PM
Post #45
Group icon
User: 13,007

I have yet to warm to Diane and think a lot of Gay Twitter is desperate to have an icon of Amanda levels to stan and make memes from but so far Diane has just come across as cold and mean (to Anthony on the roundtable). I can't help but think if Anthony went for Diane the way she went for him, he'd be hated by the viewers and demonised but when Diane does it, she's MOTHER!!1 :')

What a great start to the show though and I hear episode 3 is even more shocking so I am HYPED for this evening w00t.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 5th January 2024, 03:15 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I completely agree with Bal about Diane, she isn't "mother" she's a mean woman who is coming across as nasty towards Anthony. I think she's likely more of a Karen type figure than anything in real life 🙃

I haven't really warmed to many of the cast yet, but I guess it's early days. A lot of them are just so boring and lack the likeable personalities of the likes of Amanda, Aaron, Hannah, Alyssa, Maddy, Wilf etc. Ash is giving me if Meryl was a Traitor vibes so far and I'm low key here for it, I hope she gets away with it for as long as possible lmao.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 5th January 2024, 03:20 PM
Post #47
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Jan 5 2024, 12:52 AM) *
I believe it's only episodes 2 and 3 that have gone onto iPlayer early, it's not happening for the rest of the series, so there wouldn't be a need for a separate thread past tomorrow night! (otherwise a great idea imo)

Correct, thankfully! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 5th January 2024, 03:36 PM
Post #48
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Spin-off "visualised podcast" 'The Traitors: Uncloaked' begins tonight after the episode on BBC Two - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ty6t

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 5th January 2024, 03:43 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 5 2024, 03:07 PM) *
I have yet to warm to Diane and think a lot of Gay Twitter is desperate to have an icon of Amanda levels to stan and make memes from but so far Diane has just come across as cold and mean (to Anthony on the roundtable). I can't help but think if Anthony went for Diane the way she went for him, he'd be hated by the viewers and demonised but when Diane does it, she's MOTHER!!1 :')

What a great start to the show though and I hear episode 3 is even more shocking so I am HYPED for this evening w00t.gif

THANK YOU

Not getting the love for Diane at all . Her weird hatred towards Anthony is quite off putting and if I’m honest she very much gives off a Karen vibe .

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th January 2024, 04:55 PM
Post #50
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Jan 5 2024, 03:15 PM) *
I completely agree with Bal about Diane, she isn't "mother" she's a mean woman who is coming across as nasty towards Anthony. I think she's likely more of a Karen type figure than anything in real life 🙃

I haven't really warmed to many of the cast yet, but I guess it's early days. A lot of them are just so boring and lack the likeable personalities of the likes of Amanda, Aaron, Hannah, Alyssa, Maddy, Wilf etc. Ash is giving me if Meryl was a Traitor vibes so far and I'm low key here for it, I hope she gets away with it for as long as possible lmao.

Episode 3 delivers a lot of character building, I'd comfortably say it's the best episode of the 3 so far. The major difference this time round is a few people know a bit more about how the game works and it's part of their strategy to sit back.

Looking forward to the discussion in this thread over the weekend with the LOL moment that happens.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 5th January 2024, 06:08 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Aye Episode 3 I would say is where things kick off more...also the round table is all over the place and messy af

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th January 2024, 07:42 PM
Post #52
Group icon

Personally I'm taking Diane in the spirit of being a character in a really camp/dramatic reality show. I think the second episode's roundtable would have been a bit dry without her totally separate take on things / her reactions.

Clearly her nose was put out of joint by Anthony for whatever reason, and although she's entitled to interpret something he did as being discourteous, it would of course have been more mature of her to go directly to him and talk that one out. Rather than stew on it and let her dislike fester away, and then only let him know her grievances at the roundtable. Like, I get that coming across as being an unlikeable/mean quality - because it is. Just, in the context of this TV show, with them being suspicious and on edge, I think she's standing out so far as somebody with the potential to shake things up rather than go along with the crowd, akin to Maddy last year (even though her personality was very different). So in my book that makes Diane essential, so far!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 6th January 2024, 12:01 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

It was a better episode but still no one is really sticking out to me, a lot of booooring people but it's maybe because it's so many? Who knows.

I feel for Ash - I know it's a game blah blah blah, but there was no need for Paul and Harry to vote her at all. Brian was there quivering like a leaf, he was an easy vote for them as traitors - I understood in previous series when they did it, but this time it felt unnecessary imo.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 6th January 2024, 12:30 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

Yeah I feel like Harry and Paul voting for Ash was a bit uncalled for ? I’m all for The Traitors having to turn on each other at some point but it just felt a bit too soon and also there two votes potentially could be the reason she goes with it being so close in voting between her and Brian .

I kind of hope Ash stays as it would be interesting to see what Harry and Paul would do having voted for her .

+Quote this post
Calum
post 6th January 2024, 12:37 AM
Post #55
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

Influential voices in the group have raised concerns about Ash potentially being a traitor though (and they aren't exactly wrong either, so...). Besides having a meltdown, there's not really any solid proof for them to go on that Brian is a traitor. Sure, Brian's not building a good case for himself at all but idk why Paul and Harry are being demonised when it makes perfect sense for them to fall in with a good chunk of the votes - whether for a fellow traitor or not - to ensure suspicion isn't cast on them for voting another way. Keeping Brian will help them massively too because if he keeps going the way he is he's always going to be there to shield them until inevitable banishment.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 6th January 2024, 01:08 AM
Post #56
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

The way they did the mother/son reveal was spectacular, top tier tv, from the way they did the picture montage over the painting image.

Okay sure did they know Ash was getting a lot of accusations thrown about but they also had the numbers to keep her in so i dont understand the need. However its always a gag when the traitors turn on each other so im here for it all the same.

Im so glad its an ep Wed-Fri now and not bulk put on IPlayer because now i can unmute all things The Traitors on Twitter and be spoiler free anywhere laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LMFan
post 6th January 2024, 11:43 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948

I can’t blame Paul and Harry for doing what they did. Ash was being questioned quite heavily and the fact a number of people are right, I’d do the same if I was a traitor.

I have no idea why Brian is reacting the way he is. He is just putting a target in myself and if he doesn’t go he will likely be next.

Diane I am not keen on. If I was in there I don’t think I’d get on with her. She is trying too hard and is not coming across well at all.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 6th January 2024, 12:06 PM
Post #58
Group icon

I mean, I get it. Ash being under suspicion so soon in the process could make her a liability. Harry and Paul, who are proving to be popular and largely unsuspected, being seen as part of the reason why the faithfuls managed to catch a traitor so soon? That could work in their favour.

However I actually hope Ash stays this time, because I’m here for the potential drama of her questioning why they threw her under the bus, and things possibly becoming strained in the traitors camp. If Ash was still suspected at the next round table it would be interesting to see if Harry and Paul relent and cast their suspicions elsewhere, or if they feel it’s best to remain consistent and continue gunning for Ash. Also whether Ash feels spurned to the point of wanting to try and make the faithfuls suspicious of Harry and/or Paul, as payback. Although I don’t think she’d be like that.

It could get messy and delicious!

Also loved the handling of the mother/son reveal. cheeseblock.png

There’s definitely a bit of potential deadwood, but I’m willing to wait and see if they step up. It’s a large cast and only 3 episodes in, so some of them could emerge when the cast thins out. In Series 1, some of the later main players were a bit background to begin with.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 6th January 2024, 12:22 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Yeah I don't get the whole 'Mother' BS going on Twitter about Diane, she's just rude. Also, as mentioned earlier if Anthony acted like her he'd be called out and people would be wanting him axed.

However, I can appreciate she is a necessary character and adds to the show.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 6th January 2024, 12:22 PM

+Quote this post
chartdj
post 6th January 2024, 12:59 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,566

Why are the traitors allowed to vote? This is a big advantage because they can direct the result towards a particular faithful, especially in the early part of the show when the vote is split.
The voting should be secret, like nominations in other reality shows, with just the faithfuls participating.

This post has been edited by chartdj: 6th January 2024, 01:02 PM

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:54 PM