BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your Chart Contributions: Week Beginning 11/10/19, What are you buying/streaming?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Oct 12 2019, 08:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Albums (purchases)

Ace Of Base – Gold
Throwback Trance - Ministry of Sound

Albums (streaming)

BabyMetal - Metal Galaxy
BBMak – Powerstation
Blanco Brown – Honeysuckle & Lightning Bugs
CNCO - Que Quiénes Somos
Des'ree - A Love Story
Elbow - Giants Of All Sizes
Freddie Mercury – Never Boring
Kurt Darren - #Partytjiedier
Lil' Kim – 9
Mike Posner - Keep Going
Oscar Scheller – HTTP404
Pizzagirl - First Time
R Plus – The Last Summer
Holly Rey – You (EP)
Simple Creatures - Everything Opposite (EP)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Oct 12 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Streamed from Apple Music

Angel Olsen All Mirrors
Mark Ronson Late Night Feelings

Singles

Yungblud Hope For the Underrated Youth
Cigarettes After Sex Heavenly
Fontains D.C. Boys In The Better Land
Elbow White Noise White Heat
Angel Olsen Lark

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 17 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Hello?
Just a quick note that this will have been my last opening of this thread.

It has run in some form since Buzzjack first opened in 2006, reaching its peak during the 'gift card weeks' at the height of the download era, but I think it has now probably become redundant as so few people buy music now with streaming completely dominant, and those that do don't document it in this thread, which only gets one or two replies a week and almost always fewer than 100 views now.

It's not really worth documenting what we're streaming either, so I see why that element of the thread doesn't really work, as most people stream SO much, it would become quite an overwhelming task to list everything. I tend to listen to anywhere between 10-15 new albums and hundreds of new songs a week, plus loads of old favourites.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Oct 17 2019, 04:00 PM

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Oct 17 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Sad times GD, I've always enjoyed posting when I've got a chance to over the years.

Thanks for taking the time to open the thread each week.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 17 2019, 09:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Steve201 @ Oct 17 2019, 10:27 PM) *
Sad times GD, I've always enjoyed posting when I've got a chance to over the years.

Thanks for taking the time to open the thread each week.

No worries Steve and thanks for your many contributions to these threads! Obviously if somebody wishes to continue opening them they are more than welcome to but I can see why they are maybe not necessary anymore like they were in the physical/download dominated eras of this site.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Oct 17 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #6
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
End of an era! cry.gif Sad to see this thread finish even if I understand the reasoning! I've not contributed much recently mostly through forgetfulness but I always enjoyed reading everyone's purchases.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Oct 17 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I haven't contributed to these threads for a v long time (it is indeed unfortunately a bit redundant these days) but RIP to a BuzzJack tradition x

I have been wondering for a while though Rich, do you actually listen to all the albums you list in the OP in full every week? Seems like a very impressive commitment if it's not just cherrypicking a few songs from them, as it always seems like it includes basically every major new release each week plus a few less major ones...!

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Oct 17 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Sad to see this go but thanks anyway Goodelta.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 18 2019, 08:22 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Bréxit @ Oct 17 2019, 10:55 PM) *
I haven't contributed to these threads for a v long time (it is indeed unfortunately a bit redundant these days) but RIP to a BuzzJack tradition x

I have been wondering for a while though Rich, do you actually listen to all the albums you list in the OP in full every week? Seems like a very impressive commitment if it's not just cherrypicking a few songs from them, as it always seems like it includes basically every major new release each week plus a few less major ones...!

I actually do, though if I'm really not getting anything out of something a few tracks in then I move onto something else laugh.gif I have a job that enables me to listen to music pretty much all day (apart from when I'm calling people on the phone) fortunately.

I keep thinking I should probably listen to fewer albums and more individual songs instead though, because my 'new songs to check out' playlist now has like 10,000 tracks on it. Most of them aren't so new any more either...more like from years ago and I haven't got round to them yet.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Oct 18 2019, 08:23 AM

+Quote this post
Robbie
post Oct 18 2019, 08:57 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 366
Thanks for starting these threads over the years gooddelta.

It's been quite a while since I last posted in one simply because it's been quite a while since I bought either a download or an album and I stream so much that it would, as you posted, become an overwhelming task to list everything.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:48 PM