BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leona Lewis - TBA, 6th album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Scene
post Mar 20 2016, 02:26 PM
Post #21
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

For a dance feature, I'd nominate Calvin Harris, Duke Dumont or Disclosure. An Avicii feature would be hilarious but he's become a bit crap these days.

For a non-dance feature, I'd nominate Jason Derulo, Taylor Swift (a duet) or Tinie Tempah.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 20 2016, 02:42 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Leona appeared at Pitbull's show in vegas last night singing Christina's part on "Feel This Moment". I'd totally be here for a Pitbull collab if it produced a hot song like that or "Timber" or "On The Floor" cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 20 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Leona's back in the studio Tuesday and apparantley impressed Las Vegas booking agents which is great news. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Mar 20 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #24
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Scene @ Mar 20 2016, 02:26 PM) *
For a dance feature, I'd nominate Calvin Harris, Duke Dumont or Disclosure. An Avicii feature would be hilarious but he's become a bit crap these days.

Whereas realistically for a dance collaboration she'd probably be looking at someone like the Freemasons or Bob Sinclar.

+Quote Post
Dmdr
post Mar 20 2016, 10:28 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,348
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Mar 20 2016, 02:42 PM) *
Leona appeared at Pitbull's show in vegas last night singing Christina's part on "Feel This Moment". I'd totally be here for a Pitbull collab if it produced a hot song like that or "Timber" or "On The Floor" cheer.gif

Let's hope this leads to a proper collab now.

I think we have been saying it for years, but lets hope this is the year where Leona actually does do features with some high profile produces/djs as it really could be a great way of building her profile back up.

+Quote Post
Post #26
Fire
Member No.: 9,912
   No Gallery Pics

This could be the year FINALLY they get Leona over different styles of collaborations. She needs it this year before releasing her 6th Album in 2017 imo.

+Quote Post
Adam92
post Mar 21 2016, 12:27 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 10,752
   No Gallery Pics

So excited for whats to come with this album. I really hope we get some collaborations this time round and a big hit single to thrust her back to the top where she belongs.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 21 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Mar 20 2016, 09:26 PM) *
Whereas realistically for a dance collaboration she'd probably be looking at someone like the Freemasons or Bob Sinclar.

She's label mates with Afrojack and he's remixed "Collide" before (which got nominated for a Grammy) so would love to see her work with him. She's also label mates with Alesso so could collab there.

I just realised just how many big artists are with Def Jam. Hopefully it'll open the doors for collabs with some high profile artists/producers/writers.

+Quote Post
Post #29
Fire
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Mar 21 2016, 06:07 PM) *
She's label mates with Afrojack and he's remixed "Collide" before (which got nominated for a Grammy) so would love to see her work with him. She's also label mates with Alesso so could collab there.

I just realised just how many big artists are with Def Jam. Hopefully it'll open the doors for collabs with some high profile artists/producers/writers.

100%. You would think now she is away from Syco and on labels with such relevant, cool, current artists that the possibility in great collabs are endless!

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Mar 22 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #30
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

This will flop.

She needs to release EPs like Alexandra as otherwise she will be dropped.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 22 2016, 02:02 AM
Post #31
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Virginia @ Mar 22 2016, 12:07 AM) *
This will flop.

laugh.gif She hasn't even started recording proplery yet.

To the bolded, that didn't exactly work out for Alexandra. Last I checked she's doing musical theatre now (having success there and more power to her). So she's ended up not being a recording artist anymore for the moment.

I see no issue with a full album especially if they have a handful of great singles. I'd definitely like to see a few collabs to help build up her profile though.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Mar 22 2016, 03:17 AM
Post #32
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

Can we not do the "she needs to release EPs to build up her profile!" thing. No successful artist ever has taken a hit in relevance and actually managed to boost their career by "gathering interest with low key EP releases". She just needs a big single (honestly I don't see much point in a collab, I think hwo she does with her music will largely be independent of how she does with features) and a good album campaign. None of this testing the waters bollocks.

+Quote Post
Post #33
Fire
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Virginia @ Mar 22 2016, 12:07 AM) *
This will flop.

I just cant find the relevance in this comment?

This post has been edited by Karma: Mar 22 2016, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
GTH
post Mar 22 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #34
Gareth T H
Member No.: 10,597
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Mar 20 2016, 09:26 PM) *

I know this was intended as a joke, but I would LOVE a Freemasons song with Leona. If they are good enough for Sophie Ellis-Bextor, they are good enough for Leona. biggrin.gif

Not sure what I think about a Pitbull collaboration, but if it gets her a hit that's fine. It wouldn't get her any credibility though so I don't know how beneficial it would be to her brand.

This post has been edited by GTH: Mar 22 2016, 11:02 PM

+Quote Post
Scene
post Mar 23 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #35
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Mar 21 2016, 07:07 PM) *

I'm here for an Afrojack collab! The one good thing about 'Collide' was his amazing remix. music.gif

+Quote Post
pippa
post Mar 23 2016, 01:48 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

After the under-performance of her last album i believe she has some very hard work ahead of her to achieve success. A collaboration would help if it was to be a big hit and then a swift follow up with a strong single of her own. Sadly, i believe her success will continue to dwindle.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Mar 23 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #37
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Karma @ Mar 22 2016, 10:52 AM) *
I just cant find the relevance in this comment?

I just can't find it in her releasing another album right now?

It's not her career taking a hit - her career HAS BEEN the hit post-Spirit. It's been diminishing returns since the first album and singles-wise since the second single. The ONLY way for her to come back is a complete, slow rebrand as otherwise diminishing returns will continue and that's been disastrous enough already. Some collabos and an EP of collabos could help to get her back some brand worth.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Mar 23 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #38
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(GTH @ Mar 22 2016, 10:59 PM) *
I know this was intended as a joke, but I would LOVE a Freemasons song with Leona. If they are good enough for Sophie Ellis-Bextor, they are good enough for Leona. biggrin.gif

I didn't actually intend it as a joke. laugh.gif That is the actual level her profile is now at, I couldn't see the big guns in dance like Calvin, Garrix, Avicii, Dumont etc. going for her to collab.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 23 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #39
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Virginia @ Mar 23 2016, 03:56 PM) *
I just can't find it in her releasing another album right now?

It's not her career taking a hit - her career HAS BEEN the hit post-Spirit. It's been diminishing returns since the first album and singles-wise since the second single. The ONLY way for her to come back is a complete, slow rebrand as otherwise diminishing returns will continue and that's been disastrous enough already. Some collabos and an EP of collabos could help to get her back some brand worth.

Considering she was working on an album right after leaving Syco/Sony and not being signed, I think she's definitely got it in her to record/release another album or 20. She's definitely been less successful, but she's always done well despite this. She does plenty of private gigs and gets involved in all sorts of music events and such. Her UK tour sold pretty well too.

It hasn't been all diminishing returns. Christmas, With Love and "One More Sleep" did much better than Glassheart and "Trouble". She just needs to right material with a good release stratergy.

Anyway, with Def Jam being in charge/guiding her with this album, I have a good feeling. Especially as there'll likely be a US focus/push for it. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Mar 23 2016, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Mar 23 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #40
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I'm sure the label will be more bothered about the success of this album compared to I Am, since I Am was pretty much entirely recorded before she was signed. So it was a very cheap era for the label.

Def Jam should hopefully do a good job with getting her with hit song writers and giving the album a bigger push.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM