BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS - Ariana: The Christmas Rate, Completed
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Dec 18 2019, 08:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana: The Christmas Rate - Results

Christmas is just around the corner so it's time to reveal the results of Ariana: The Christmas Rate ahead of the day itself!

Over the past 2 weeks you've been rating the songs from Christmas Kisses, Christmas & Chill and Ariana's festive collaboration with Idina Menzel. Soon you will find out exactly how the results have played out courtesy of myself, Cameron, Joseph and Juliano. In the mean time sit back and cheer on your favourites! Here's a reminder of everything:

xx Last Christmas
xx Love Is Everything
xx Snow In California
xx Santa Baby (feat. Liz Gillies)
xx Santa Tell Me

xx Intro
xx Wit It This Christmas
xx December
xx Not Just on Christmas
xx True Love
xx Winter Things

xx A Hand For Mrs. Claus (with Idina Menzel)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 19 2019, 01:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I really wish she spontaneously thought "*$#k it, let's do a Winter Things video."

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 19 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded

12. Intro // 5.75
Highest scores: 7 (ready for it..., JosephCarey) / Lowest scores: 3 (Cameron), 5 (LewisGT)

11. A Hand For Mrs. Claus (with Idina Menzel) // 6.22
Highest scores: 8 (Snowjdords, Jonjo) / Lowest scores: 4 (LewisGT), 5 (...ready for it, Jordan Lee)

10. Not Just On Christmas // 7.11
Highest scores: 9 (Jade), 8 (Juliano, Jordan Lee) / Lowest scores: 5 (Cameron), 6 (Snowjdords)

Let's begin with the bottom 3 songs of this rate! 'Intro' is unsurprisingly the first song to depart. Its 1:05 duration easily makes it the shortest track from 'Christmas & Chill'. She invites us to the EP with the opening line "welcome to this Christmas". It's all very warm, with a beat drop for good measure too. 'Intro' is a little taste of what is to come but is ultimately too short to be a proper favourite for anyone. The other song to just miss out on a top 10 placing is Idina Menzel duet 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus'. This was released back in October as part of Menzel's 'Christmas: A Season Of Love' album - so they were celebrating Christmas very early this year! Ari tries her hand at swing music here with the queen of Frozen. Her lyric "Pulling off a Christmas Eve world tour" suits her so well after being on the road so much this year. This fun collaboration is certainly a departure from Ariana's usual sound so the placing makes sense. Swing isn't everyone's thing. Just scraping into the top 10 is another Christmas & Chill offering - this time 'Not Just On Christmas'. Ariana promises to be doting to her man every day in this song and not just at Christmas. Or it could've been about her dog Toulouse, who knows? I certainly hope so now tbh. The song is backed by twinkly production and beautiful strings. She really shows off her vocals too as the song progresses. These results confirm that the entire top 10 have averages of at least 7. The whole of the 'Christmas Kisses' EP manages to avoid the bottom 3 also. But can it hold on for much longer?

~~~

That bottom 2 is unsurprising but 'Not Just On Christmas' deserves better cry.gif Its combo of delicacy and impressive vocals actually reminds me of 'Moonlight' a little <3

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 20 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
The intro is cute but not totally essential in the grand scheme of things! The Idina song didn't overly do it for me so no loss either.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 20 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

09. Love Is Everything // 7.44
Highest scores: 9 (Snowjdords, LewisGT, JosephCarey) / Lowest scores: 5 (...ready for it), 6 (Juliano)

08. Wit It This Christmas // 7.56 (less 9s)
Highest scores: 8 (Jade, Juliano, LewisGT, ...ready for it, Jordan Lee) / Lowest scores: 6 (Cameron), 7 (Snowjdords)

07. December // 7.56 (more 9s)
Highest scores: 9 (...ready for it, Jordan Lee) / Lowest scores: 5 (Cameron), 6.5 (JosephCarey)

The first song to drop out in this section is one of my favourites - Love Is Everything, from the Christmas Kisses EP! I gave it a 9, as did two others, but a couple of middling scores meant it ended up quite low down the rate even though it has a very respectable average! Two tracks from Christmas & Chill are next to drop, and they're both tied. First out is Wit It This Christmas, which has a more consistent set of scores but unfortunately loses out on the basis of it not having a 9. The song is about Ariana wondering if her man is in the mood this Christmas, because she's down for whatever. December, while achieving a lower score than Wit It This Christmas, also gets 2 scores of 9 so finishes higher in the tiebreak. The song clocks in just under 2 minutes long, and in that time, Ariana promises to tick off everything on her man's Christmas list.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 20 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
‘Wit It This Christmas’ is definitely my favourite from that trio! It’s stuck in my head a lot at the moment.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 22 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Julian Nial

06.True Love // 7.61
Highest scores: 8 (Jade, LewisGT, Snowjdords, Cameron, Jordan Lee) / Lowest scores: 7 (Jonjo, ....ready for it, Juliano)

05. Last Christmas // 7.67
Highest scores: 10 (Cameron) 9 (Juliano) / Lowest scores: 6 (ready for it..., Jordan Lee)

04. Santa Baby // 7.83
Highest scores: 10 (Juliano) 9 (Jade, Snowjdords, Cameron) / Lowest scores: 6 (LewisGT, Jordan Lee), 6.5 (JosephCarey)

A beautiful original song just missed out and 2 gorgeous covers take us into the top 5! I'll be adding to this post later, but I am in a rush to get somewhere! Hope you are all enjoying this festive season!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 22 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Very pleased that 'Santa Baby' has done well enough to place 4th here wub.gif chuffed with the top 3 also as I gave all of them at least a 9.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 22 2019, 07:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Santa Baby is far too high laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 22 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Julian Nial
I think her version of Santa Baby is one of, if not the best and I love her take on Last Christmas, but True Love could maybe grow on me one year, but for now I can leave it.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Dec 23 2019, 12:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

03.Snow In California // 8.00
Highest scores: 10 (Jonjo) / Lowest scores: 6 (...ready for it)

02. Winter Things // 8.33
Highest scores: 10 (Jade, Juliano, Jordan Lee) / Lowest scores: 6 (...ready for it)

01. Santa Tell Me // 10.78
Highest scores: 11(Jade, Cameron, ... ready for it, Snowjdords, Jonjo, Jordan Lee, Juliano) / Lowest scores: 10 (Joseph Carey, LewisGT)

Need I say more?

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 23 2019, 01:07 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Alone and wounded
'Santa Tell Me' absolutely decimating the competition with not a single score below 10 *.* definitely not an unexpected winner but I was surprised that every single score was so high! A worthy song to be her big Christmas hit. 'Winter Things' was my second favourite song of them all so it's fantastic to see my top 2 mirroring the gold and silver of the actual results. 'Snow In California' is also pretty lush, we did well here.

Merry Christmas everyone heart.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 23 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Julian Nial
Pleased with that results, would be cool if she pushed 'Winter Things' one year!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:53 AM