BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The 100, CW
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post 13th March 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Bellamy and the inconsistent character he is are the only flaw I csn find in the show at the moment. It's telling a very good story and doing it very well, with deftness and it's a slow burn which is excellent. It's getting quite Caprica now with the whole City Of Light (I'm just waiting for Jaha to go all Sister Clarice and declare it HEAVEN).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 13th March 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #42
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I didn't enjoy the most recent episode (US pace) much at all, which isn't surprising as I'm not really interested in the politics of Arkadia/the City of Light storyline atm, I s2g if they kill off Kane too, I'm out (I don't think they will, they need to use this as an opportunity for Bellamy to "be heroic and do the right thing" etc by convincing Pike to spare him) I think it's too boring to run as the central storyline when what's going on with the clans is a lot more interesting. They need to get shot of Jason Rothenberg asap tbh, for multiple reasons.

It's been renewed for a 4th season and right now, I don't feel as though I want another season, especially from the same producer. We'll see how the rest of this season pans though out, I guess sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 13th March 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #43
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The most interesting thing that could happen, is that woman from season 1 to come back when she left the Arc. But I think she died.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th March 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #44
Group icon
feminist icon
User: 21,777

I so much prefer the clan storylines, I'm not as fussed about the skaikru atm at all

Murphy >>>>>

+Quote this post
Qween
post 13th March 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

I think they've struck thr balance perfectly fine tbh, a whole season of just grounder clan in fighting would also be really dull. The mythology is by far the most interesting aspect of S3 and I like that they are finally filling out the backstory rather than just adding another new set of people and moving on.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 17th March 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #46
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I just wanted to share this article about 307 as it's one of the few articles or posts that I've found that is unbiased (for the most part) and explains pretty much all sides of why people are upset and angry about what happened. It does go into the effect it's had on LGBTQ fans more than anything but that's expected as it's people in that community that seem to have been the most affected, understandably so. It explains why there's such a feeling of betrayal surrounding it all better than I can, it's quite lengthy but worth a read :')

The ratings for The 100 have apparently been at an all time low since that episode aired which isn't surprising to me, I was looking for the stats to see the comparison between episodes seven and eight but ended up finding this instead, it would be interesting to see just how much the views dropped.

The article does contain spoilers though so if you're watching at UK pace or have yet to even watch season 3, give it a miss for now happy.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 1st April 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

That was a long 3 week wait, but what an episode! Glad to be seeing more of Nathan and Harper as well.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 1st April 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

I saw this on Amazon Prime so might give it a go once I am done with Revolution, lottsey inspired me.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 2nd April 2016, 12:00 AM
Post #49
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

#StopJRot2k16

THEY NEED TO STOP KILLING MY FAVES cry.gif cry.gif

That was such a horribly gruesome episode, but interesting all the same. The direction they're taking it is kind of predictable although I didn't see Luna coming, I presumed Ontari was the one that fled from Lexa's conclave. I just need them not to gloss over Lexa completely though and give Clarke some kind of way to grieve, I know when you're trying to save the lives of so many people that's not always possible but there must be something they can do to make sure she lives on in some way.

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: 2nd April 2016, 12:00 AM

+Quote this post
lotita
post 2nd April 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #50
Group icon
feminist icon

I cried so hard over that episode, I feel like Lindsey cry.gif cry.gif

i'm still so in love with murphy

+Quote this post
Qween
post 2nd April 2016, 10:40 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

To be fair, THAT final scene was obviously coming sooner rather than later (given Ricky has another, better paid, job in the near future), but it was still well executed. This, and the next episode, felt quite like they were table setting for the final few episodes of the season. I guess they needed that after 2 enormous episodes, but it felt a little DOWN all the same. Also, the kiss/relationship felt a little rushed and out of nowhere, but I can't complain because it works.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 6th April 2016, 02:34 AM
Post #52
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

QUOTE(Qween @ Apr 2 2016, 11:40 PM) *
it was still well executed.

Pun intended? kink.gif

I love Ricky Whittle and his character, I'm sad to see him go but it looks like he wasn't happy at The 100 from some of the things he's put out on social media. I have to say, I am shipping Kane and Abby wub.gif I honestly wish Pike wasn't even a character and Kane remained Chancellor, then Skaikru would still be part of the coalition. I'm guessing the finale will be yet another war between the grounders and arkadia, I had heard rumours of the nightblood massacre happening as the finale but since that's already happened I'm thinking a war is the most likely outcome, especially when Clarke and Lexa have spent half a season trying to prevent it, well Clarke is still trying to do so. Living for Clarke and Murphy as allies though, I've really grown to love Murphy as a character, what a development from season one *.*

I think some how Clarke will end up being able to access the City of Light, there's been leaked pictures and I think JRot tweeted something back in January about Alycia Debnam-Carey filming with them in Vancouver for the finale (he's since deleted but I'm sure there's receipts online somewhere wink.gif) so at least it looks like we'll see Lexa again before the season is out sleep.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 10th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

This week's cliffhanger ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th April 2016, 02:44 AM
Post #54
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Can Jasper pleaaaaase get over Maya, no1curr ( kink.gif ). Seriously though, I find him the most annoying character in the show, and that's quite a feat when Jaha exists!

Monty and his mom... ):

+Quote this post
lotita
post 16th April 2016, 06:24 AM
Post #55
Group icon
feminist icon

That last episode... just went too far :/ I found it incredibly difficult to watch at quite a few points. I don't like the direction this show is going

+Quote this post
Qween
post 16th April 2016, 09:20 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

I totally disagree, that episode was so much more focused and had a really strong sense of direction unlike most episodes this season. The City of Light stuff is probably the most overtly sci fi they've gone in the show and the 'zombies' controlled by central intelligence this is hardly new, but it's bringing the main characters back to the fore and giving them some kind of moral authority once again, which I like. Plus ALIE is fab and having almost no Jaha worked well too (seriously, I hope he dies in the season finale because he's a total waste of space at this point and I don't really see how he can come back from this).

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 16th April 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #57
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

I agree Lotti, It was a good episode as it was very action packed but like they defo went too far with Raven, this season has been pretty unnecessarily gory and triggering in parts. We didn't need to see the bullet going through Lincoln's skull and the slow-mo fall into the muddy puddle, that scene could have been handled a lot more delicately than it was, for the sake of the fans, at least with Lexa she died in the arms of someone she loved and got to say goodbye whereas Octavia had to stand by helpless and watch Lincoln be executed. I don't think Raven/ALIE slitting her wrists should have been shown the way it was as I can imagine it would be triggering to a lot of people, they could have shown her from the waist up and then panned down to the pool of blood as she collapsed, it would have still had the same outcome and avoided the goryness etc. That episode just had too much, Raven's arm thing omfg. I'm not easily phased by dark stories and horrible scenes like this usually but that's when it's not this show. The 100 has always been very fan-centered and considerate of their audience and had characters that are representative for the fans, so for season three to completely disregard all of that, it's hard to continue watching it when most of the things that made it special are being wrecked. I understand a lot of people watching wont relate to it on that level, but still a lot of them do. It's one thing to be out there with the plot lines but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and a point where it's too far and it hurts the viewers and the shows' reputation. I think Jason Rothenberg has learnt that the hard way.

I'm fully expecting Jaha to die, there's rumoured to be some kind of issue between Isaiah Washington and JRot as Isaiah put in a letter of complaint to The CW last October, I don't think it's been confirmed that the complaint was specifically about Jason but I'm guessing there's been tweets or something implying it. We know Ricky was mistreaded by him so it wouldn't surprise me, and we now know what happens when the show runner doesn't like someone on his cast - shit storylines and a death scene, Jaha has the first part down so it's only a matter of time really laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: 16th April 2016, 09:50 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post 16th April 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

See, as you said, I don't relate to it at all on that level so none of the criticisms in your first paragraph bother me at all. In fact it's quite the opposite, the vivid nature of the depictions really adds to their impact and significance for me and they are supposed to be big, defining moments so I think to handle them with kid gloves on would only rob them of any real meaning. It's visceral and hard hitting this way and sets The 100 apart from most other network TV, and for much the better.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 9th May 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Finally caught up to date! Amazing series, love the plot twists, characters, action scenes, all good.

(contains spoilers and stuff, cba to use ha tags)
QUOTE(Heezus @ Mar 21 2014, 12:22 PM) *
On a scale of Star-Crossed to The Tomorrow People, how terrible is this?

Nooo don't shade TTP, I started watching that years ago and I'll probably watch it again after this.
QUOTE(Rooney @ Dec 24 2014, 03:10 PM) *
Needed to happen, although I was quite shocked at the same time of their willing to do that. But he was a complete ass in the second season.

I didn't really see much in him (apart from his hair ofc, that slayed) until he was killed off and the flashbacks with him and Raven were rather cute. But tbh his character wasn't much of a loss really.
QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 8 2015, 03:56 PM) *
Agree the second part has been largely enjoyable. Definitely a guilty pleasure. I hated how they ruined Finn's character to make him, well a savage. However probably the most LOL moment of 2015 will be to when Lexa & Clarke kissed .. talk about trying to boost ratings laugh.gif

Yeah this kind of thing happens a lot in these teenage shows heehee.gif
QUOTE(chart wizard @ Mar 8 2016, 07:33 PM) *
I saw it coming, Lexa was losing her cold leadership ways and was becoming too 'soft' for the Grounders, her people (play a drinking game how many times you hear that in an episode, you wouldn't survive ;o) were beginning to distrust her, now she's dead, shit will really hit the fan. Didn't like how clumsily her death was handled though but still, much hype

Yeah, just when I was at the peak of stanning her! drama.gif cry.gif
QUOTE(ℒ����⻤ @ Mar 8 2016, 08:55 PM) *
I'm still so gutted over that last episode, I have hope (probably stupidly) that it's not what it seems and she comes back somehow. I have seen quite plausible theories with that outcome, its more irritating to me as Jason Rothenberg basically said the reason he killed Lexa was because Alycia Debnam Carey was booked with Fear The Walking Dead, to me there are other ways around that, it was Lexa's storyline(s) that made me anticipate each episode, especially her relationship with Clarke and it finally progressed and then that happened mellow.gif The 100 has lost a lot of fans because of the decision to take that route too, I hope they can pull it back tbh.

If it was a show like Doctor Who (where there's pretty much room for ANY plot twists to happen) then yeah, but I doubt it (adding to the fact she's now in FTWD) but as much as I loved her I guess it was the right time for her to go. The chick that replaced her could have been better though.

I like how much action has happened since then though, omg at Octavia lashing out like that!! ohmy.gif and Marcus what happened to him! And the 300 slashes, I almost couldn't watch tongue.gif

Excited for the rest of the show, like the ALIE storyline and the whole City of Light thing. Unfortunately I can no longer watch 6~ episodes a day and now reduced to one a week laugh.gif

This post has been edited by IT IS HOT: 9th May 2016, 08:28 PM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 9th May 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #60
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

oh Jasper is a real pain right now. So is Bellamy.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 09:15 PM