BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna Glastonbury rumours
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 6th November 2023, 09:58 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

There's typically about 21 songs for a headliner and I can't believe there are many out there that could have a setlist that would be better than something like this:

01 Celebration
02 Holiday
03 Into the Groove
04 Papa Don't Preach
05 Material Girl
06 Borderline
07 Sorry
08 Vogue
09 Express Yourself
10 Justify My Love / Erotica
11 Don't Tell Me
12 Frozen
13 Live To Tell
14 La Isla Bonita
15 Like a Virgin
16 Crazy For You
17 Open Your Heart
18 Music
19 Hung Up
20 Ray of Light
21 Like a Prayer

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 6th November 2023, 09:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
New Entry
User: 172,102

It is not even worthy of a debate Kylie’s voice is far superior to Madonnas. Her live performances are evident of this!

Madonna’s 80s catalogue is awesome hence the Spotify playlists snd associated listeners.

It is her persona, gimmicks and looks that people don’t like. She is not ageing gracefully and lacks class. Sorry but this is the truth. The average person thinks her marriage to Guy, young lovers, randomly selected children and what she has done to her face are just a big turn off. As mentioned people like her old songs but not the person I am afraid. Glastonbury will go out live and people will focus on the way she looks and her faltering voice. She should think twice. In an arena full of fans she can get away with it.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 6th November 2023, 10:17 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Mansonette

What you're articulating is what some people will focus on. She has had to battle this sort of crap for a lot of her career and I can't imagine she's going to suddenly stop now just because some will spout misogynistic crap as they seem to think they have some sort of right to decide what an older woman should and should not behave like.

She has every right to claim the legends stage at Glastonbury. She has more than earned it. And it says more about you and others like you that you would focus on her look and personal life. I don't doubt that you're right that there will be others who hold the same type of view but the very idea that she should not perform at Glastonbury because of what they may think and say about her rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 6th November 2023, 10:30 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

She is MADONNA — her legacy is so astronomical that she could headline Glastonbury as much as she wanted. Everything else is subjective and insubstantial.

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 6th November 2023, 10:31 PM
Post #25
Group icon
New Entry

I think she should perform but do the hits only mainly from the 80s and mine lol.

Not much she can do about her looks now or her charlie and the chocolate factory golden winning ticket children. The public are entitled to their opinion as am I.

She can date whoever she wants but suffer the ridicule. She looks silly with these young lads.

I was a big fan like most but she has not aged well in both looks and personality. She comes across as bitchy and crass. Fine when you are young and in your prime with hit after hit. A totally different story now though.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 6th November 2023, 10:33 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Rob10 @ Nov 6 2023, 11:31 PM) *
I think she should perform but do the hits only mainly from the 80s and mine lol.

Not much she can do about her looks now or her charlie and the chocolate factory golden winning ticket children. The public are entitled to their opinion as am I.

She can date whoever she wants but suffer the ridicule. She looks silly with these young lads.

I was a big fan like most but she has not aged well in both looks and personality. She comes across as bitchy and crass. Fine when you are young and in your prime with hit after hit. A totally different story now though.

She can perform what she wants. She can date who she wants. She can wear what she wants. She can do what she wants.

Anyway

+Quote this post
vibe
post 6th November 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Madonna will not do a GH show that is far different from the setlist that she is using now!

The tour will be in her bones!!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 6th November 2023, 11:07 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Mansonette

It also feels very odd to suggest she should stick to the 80s - from a completely objective point of view she clearly has so much more in the 90s and 00s that the general public have affection for

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 7th November 2023, 07:25 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Imagine suggesting that she shouldn't perform songs like Music, Hung Up, Ray of Light, 4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me etc...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 7th November 2023, 07:44 AM
Post #30
Group icon
User: 13,007

Having a look at previous headliners, Madonna more than compares (and in most cases surpasses) to the calibre of legend status for performers - vocally too! But vocals only become such a contentious issue for pop females it seems.

It's a music festival, not a "who has aged gracefully and maintained a pretty appearance" festival so any talk of that just reeks of misogyny and rudeness. Madonna is musically one of the greatest legends to have ever been, the stage is deservedly hers if she wants it.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 7th November 2023, 11:30 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Lol didn’t mean to set off a Madonna vs. Kylie debate! 🙈 I love them both and hope this can be a career peak for Madonna in the same way it was for Kylie. I do agree that the good will towards Madonna hasn’t been great and lord knows some of her performances in recent years have left a lot to be desired, but I think she has really proven herself on her latest tour, both visually and vocally, and I’m excited for the Glastonbury audience to see them improvements. She does need to re-examine the tour set list though, if she does base Glastonbury on that, as there are some big hits missing and some songs there that general audiences won’t know or care for.

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Nov 6 2023, 08:15 AM) *
Emily Eavis has denied this story and said it's not true, although it doesn't mean they're all wrong. She's previously said 2024 has two female headliners and I'd expect Madonna to be the most likely of the three to be correct.

Yeah I noticed that, I think it probably will be correct but not signed on the dotted line yet.

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Nov 7 2023, 07:44 AM) *
Having a look at previous headliners, Madonna more than compares (and in most cases surpasses) to the calibre of legend status for performers - vocally too! But vocals only become such a contentious issue for pop females it seems.

It's a music festival, not a "who has aged gracefully and maintained a pretty appearance" festival so any talk of that just reeks of misogyny and rudeness. Madonna is musically one of the greatest legends to have ever been, the stage is deservedly hers if she wants it.

Tbf I do recall Paul McCartney and Elton John getting criticism for their vocals when they headlined. I think vocals are important but I’d say it’s clear from the tour Madonna has been working on them and sounds very good! She’s definitely more than qualified to headline - she’s the Queen of Pop! Crazy to think she hasn’t headlined before now, I assume she must have been approached?

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 7th November 2023, 01:06 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 122,900

Rob10 I’m still laughing… I don’t want to validate your ridiculous comment. It’s all subjective, but I cannot abide Kylie’s weak, thin live girly voice. I’ve seen her live a few times and walked out of Aphrodite because it was so poor.. on record it’s ok, but not so much lately.

I absolutely love Madonna’s voice, and so I’m biased.

Ps When Kylie doing Super Bowl????

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 7th November 2023, 06:53 PM
Post #33
Group icon
New Entry

Kylie’s vocals are stunning for a female pop performer. She kills it every time nothing more to say on the subject. Oh and yes I have been to 4 of Madonna’s tours and my ears are free of wax lol

Superbowl is totally naff anyway. Kylie at the Sydney Olympics with a 2 billion audience was much more noteworthy.

Oh and if you don’t like Kylie's voice why did you go and see her on more than one occasion. A tad hypocritical.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 7th November 2023, 06:55 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Mansonette

Can you both please just drop the Madge vs Kylie stuff?

I don't think there's any need for either of you to be bashing the other artist - would rather just see you both praise your respective 'sides' in their respective artist forums happy.gif

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 8th November 2023, 08:55 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

If M does Glastonbury, she’ll smash it, and set the bar for everyone that comes after her in that slot. She’s Madonna, where she leads, others follow…

However, as the most successful female artist of all time (sales AND touring) she doesn’t need to do it. If she does, I wonder whether she’ll parachute in whole segments of the Celebration Tour or whether she’ll start from scratch? I’m certain she’ll be getting her guitar out too, which might surprise many.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 8th November 2023, 11:00 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Dante77 @ Nov 7 2023, 01:06 PM) *
Rob10 I’m still laughing… I don’t want to validate your ridiculous comment. It’s all subjective, but I cannot abide Kylie’s weak, thin live girly voice. I’ve seen her live a few times and walked out of Aphrodite because it was so poor.. on record it’s ok, but not so much lately.

I absolutely love Madonna’s voice, and so I’m biased.

Ps When Kylie doing Super Bowl????

Kylie actually has a THREE OCTAVE vocal range, so you can shut your mouth on that one.

But anyway, if you can't "abide" her voice as you say, why did you fork out money to see her more than once? wacko.gif

Mentalist

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 8th November 2023, 09:50 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

And there was me thinking this was a Madonna forum!

Kylie is harmless fluff. I loved Light Years, but she longer interests me. I

I don’t care what octave voice she has, I find her voice limited, thin and too whispery/childlike. As a performer, there’s nothing that interests me. Still, some people are easily pleased.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 18th December 2023, 10:21 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Daily Mail reporting that Glastonbury haven’t managed to secure a fee with Madonna as she’s too costly! Apparently she was wanting to recreate her tour show and she was due to perform the legends slot, not headline as previously thought.

I don’t think her tour set would translate well for Glastonbury but still a huge shame it’s not likely she’ll be performing. I think it’s mad that they wanted her for the legends slot though, she should have been headlining!

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 18th December 2023, 10:59 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

Exactly she’s not a daytime kind of act! She’s bigger than pretty much anyone else they can get as a headliner. Just pure ageism. I’d rather she didn’t perform at all than be given the Sunday afternoon slot personally

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: 18th December 2023, 10:59 AM

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 18th December 2023, 11:34 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Dec 18 2023, 10:21 AM) *
Daily Mail reporting that Glastonbury haven’t managed to secure a fee with Madonna as she’s too costly! Apparently she was wanting to recreate her tour show and she was due to perform the legends slot, not headline as previously thought.

I don’t think her tour set would translate well for Glastonbury but still a huge shame it’s not likely she’ll be performing. I think it’s mad that they wanted her for the legends slot though, she should have been headlining!

I read this too. Who knows. I'm secretly quite glad she may not do it (it would be nice), but it's not like she NEEDS to do it (she's not some fading POP princess, or an ageing singer from the 70's). She's Madonna, and I don't feel her intricate set in it's current incarnation on the Celebration Tour will translate that well. Who knows, I may wrong.

She was amazing @ Live Earth and Live8 (the last big stadium events) with fans/non fans, and I'm sure if she does do Glasto she will rock it.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:51 AM