BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Billboard Women In Music Awards
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SmileyKylie
post 24th January 2024, 06:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

https://www.billboard.com/lists/2024-billbo...ice-spice-tems/

Kylie an Honoree! wub.gif

icon Award

Minogue kicked off her Las Vegas residency on the heels of her 2023 Tension album, which featured the dance-floor smash “Padam Padam.” The track is nominated for a Grammy for best pop dance recording. Minogue won a Grammy for best dance recording 20 years ago for “Come Into My World.”

Minogue has a longer history on the Billboard Hot 100 than any of this year’s other nominees. She landed her first top 10 hit, a cover version of Little Eva’s “The Loco-Motion,” in 1988. She returned to the top 10 in 2002 with “Can’t Get You Out of My Head.” Her album Fever reached No. 3 on the Billboard 200 in 2002.

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 24th January 2024, 06:22 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th January 2024, 07:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Can't see it winning but stranger things have happened.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th January 2024, 12:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(Padamic Tension @ Jan 24 2024, 07:09 PM) *
Can't see it winning but stranger things have happened.

From what I can see she already has won - the Icon award. The overall Woman of the Year has yet to be revealed but that’ll go to someone much bigger (no idea who though, Taylor Swift would the obvious choice but she’s already won. Miley Cyrus perhaps?).

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th January 2024, 01:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th January 2024, 08:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jan 25 2024, 12:57 PM) *
From what I can see she already has won - the Icon award. The overall Woman of the Year has yet to be revealed but that’ll go to someone much bigger (no idea who though, Taylor Swift would the obvious choice but she’s already won. Miley Cyrus perhaps?).

Delighted she was awarded and there is no doubt she is an icon in our world.

+Quote this post
JustCarolHoney
post 12th February 2024, 10:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 117,248

All these winning awards huns

Just Carol Honey ❤️

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th February 2024, 11:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Kylie can never win too many awards.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th February 2024, 01:05 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Award wise it's been a few great months for Kylie.
The Grammy was great and huge for her as was billboard icon award but I think I'm more excited about the Brit as the UK is a home from home for kylie and its her most successful market aswell and there is huge love for her there.

This post has been edited by Padamic Tension: 13th February 2024, 01:07 AM

+Quote this post
markivj
post 13th February 2024, 05:36 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351

QUOTE(Padamic Tension @ Feb 12 2024, 05:05 PM) *
as the UK is a home from home for kylie and its her most successful market aswell and there is huge love for her there.

As far as I'm concerned, UK is HER home and will always be. Australia to me is just her birthplace.

Australia got on the Kylie bandwagon only around the IP time but the UK has unconditionally supported her, raised her and loved her even when she was uncool (in her native country) during the Neighbours days.

There's also a huge difference in terms of responses between the British and Aussies. A lot of aussies still cringe at the mention of her name, even though they'd call her a "national treasure". But the British genuinely seem happy to talk about her, even those that don't listen to her songs or like them have something nice to say about her, like she's a family member or something.

+Quote this post
Fact Checker
post 13th February 2024, 08:14 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 173,636

QUOTE(markivj @ Feb 13 2024, 11:06 AM) *
As far as I'm concerned, UK is HER home and will always be. Australia to me is just her birthplace.

Australia got on the Kylie bandwagon only around the IP time but the UK has unconditionally supported her, raised her and loved her even when she was uncool (in her native country) during the Neighbours days.

There's also a huge difference in terms of responses between the British and Aussies. A lot of aussies still cringe at the mention of her name, even though they'd call her a "national treasure". But the British genuinely seem happy to talk about her, even those that don't listen to her songs or like them have something nice to say about her, like she's a family member or something.

I am sorry, but what a lot of total bullshit

+Quote this post
Fact Checker
post 13th February 2024, 08:52 AM
Post #11
Group icon
New Entry

Kylie has 8 Number 1 albums and another 12 top 10 Albums (including Gh Albums) in Australia
She has 10 Number 1 singles and another 10 top 10 singles

This in a country that the media and radio stations refused to play her as they are owned by 2 anti gay organisations. Shit, they wouldn't even play Dolly until she collab with ONJ because her gay following was too big.

Kylie is not held with "Cringe" in Australia, she is very much loved by the Australian Public.

+Quote this post
JustCarolHoney
post 13th February 2024, 12:49 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 117,248

I have never been to Australia so I do not know my hun

Just Carol Honey ❤️

+Quote this post
markivj
post 13th February 2024, 08:38 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Fact Checker @ Feb 13 2024, 12:52 AM) *
Kylie has 8 Number 1 albums and another 12 top 10 Albums (including Gh Albums) in Australia
She has 10 Number 1 singles and another 10 top 10 singles

Her first freakin #1 Aus album was in 2000, well over a decade into her career. Australia jumped on the Kylie bandwagon AFTER the UK made her a star. Today, there is respect in Australia for kylie because she proved that even without the support backing of her own country the first few years of her career, she could make it by working hard and perservering.

To me, home and family are the people you can count on when you're down and need someone to watch your back. Aus did neither in the early days.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th February 2024, 10:00 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Kylie did fairly well music wise in Aussie at the start of her career and without the infamous loco motion release becoming such a huge hit in Australia things may have turned out different as i think that was the catalyst for Kylie moving into a full time music career. The Aussies may not have invested in Kylie the same way the UK did but there was and is a lot of love for Kylie in Australia. Neighbours was also far far bigger in the UK than Australia which helped her hugely in the UK as Charlene was such a well loved character and she was the first big soap star to fully switch over to a music career. Aussie did come really good for Kylie in 2000 onwards and to be fair to Australia they supported Impossible Princess when no one else really did.
I think overall Australia has been very good to Kylie but not as good as the UK and i have to give a shout out to my own country Ireland as Ireland was hugely supportive of Kylie starting out, scoring 5 number 1 singles from her first 2 albums. She has done fairly well here overall although to varying levels in the later years of her career.

+Quote this post
markivj
post 13th February 2024, 10:52 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Again, aware that her first 3 singles went to no1 in Oz, and I'm not saying they hate Kylie or anything.

Just saying the UK loved Kylie unconditionally, esp in the early years when she needed that support and encouragement. On the other hand, Kylie had to earn love and respect in Australia.

The one good thing Aus did for her was giving Confide a full 4 weeks at #1 wink.gif

Also, given that Kylie has a British passport as well, I wonder why they don't nominate her in the British categories.

+Quote this post
Fact Checker
post 15th February 2024, 07:18 AM
Post #16
Group icon
New Entry

QUOTE(markivj @ Feb 14 2024, 02:08 AM) *
Her first freakin #1 Aus album was in 2000, well over a decade into her career. Australia jumped on the Kylie bandwagon AFTER the UK made her a star. Today, there is respect in Australia for kylie because she proved that even without the support backing of her own country the first few years of her career, she could make it by working hard and perservering.

To me, home and family are the people you can count on when you're down and need someone to watch your back. Aus did neither in the early days.

Locomotion spent 6 weeks at number 1 in Australia in 1988. If you are going to bag a country, get your facts right

+Quote this post
Fact Checker
post 15th February 2024, 07:22 AM
Post #17
Group icon
New Entry

I have no problem with you Mark, but gee mate you really don't know what you are talking about with Kylie and australia.
She had 3 number !'s in Australia before the UK even knew "Charlene" sang..just saying

+Quote this post
markivj
post 15th February 2024, 06:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Fact Checker @ Feb 14 2024, 11:22 PM) *
She had 3 number !'s in Australia before the UK even knew "Charlene" sang..just saying

Fact check: she had only one #1 in Australia (Locomotion) prior to the UK. Lucky onwards, both countries got her releases more or less at the same time (and yes, I'm aware that Certain was an Oz #1 and not a UK no1).

I'm not bagging Australia, in fact I love Australia (esp Melbourne!) but if you look at Kylie's Aus profile post the first few releases (mid 1988 to pretty much the Confide in Me era), there was a lot of negativity and backlash around her in Oz. I'm not saying the UK media was overly generous and loving to her, but they were far more reasonable, supportive and positive during the post Neighbours and SAW phases. The DeCon era, esp IP and the Nick Cave duet started some Oz love and it was I think the Parlo era onwards which cemented it. She herself has said on several interviews that she always did hold that tiny grudge during the early years. (this was a BBC R1 interview when she was promoting her 1994 album, I was surprised too at the time as I'd never known her to be so candid).

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 29th February 2024, 07:12 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

new billboard article. Can't post at the moment but says she is working with 2 producers in LA that she has wanted to work with for ages and came out feeling like she was on cloud nine

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th February 2024, 10:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Im not too sure if thats good or bad, if she is meeting with r n b style producers id be like no but i will wait and see who it is.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:27 PM