BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Infinitely Polar Bear' | UK Date TBA, Indie flick starring Mark Ruffalo & Zoe Saldana
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 21st June 2015, 01:41 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really want to see this. IMDB doesn't seem to have a UK date for this yet, but I hope we get it at some point. Looks lovely! Plus, it helps that Mark & Zoe are amazing actors/people!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 10th December 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Infinitely Polar Bear" is a social film that took part at the last year's Sundance Film Festival! It was released in my country in late July and one of my best girl friends really wanted to see it on the big screen! I had seen the official trailer a few months ago and it looked very promising. However, "Infinitely Polar Bear" was way below our expectations.
The main character of the plot is Cam Stuart, a manic-depressive father of two little girls, who is trying to regain his ex-wife after he had a nervous breakdown. This has a major consequence for him: he is temporarily put in a psychiatric clinic. The family finances are in bad shape and his wife, Maggie Stuart, wants to continue her studies in order to find a well-paid job that will bring money for the best possible education for her children. However, the University is located in another city and she needs to live for quite a long time away from her home. So, Maggie asks Cam to temporary undertake the custody of their children. Initially, their coexistence is not at all easy because the children react against anything their father does or says, but with the passage of time, they will coexist together as any normal family. "Infinitely Polar Bear" combines drama with comedy; sometimes successful and sometimes unsuccessfully. I cannot say that it caused me any emotion nor won me as a spectator. Maya Forbes not only directed the film but also wrote the script, based on her own experiences. I wouldn’t say that I was thrilled with her personal story although her intentions were good because apart from the bipolar disorder of her father, all the other characters, even hers, seemed meaningless and indifferent. The interpretation of Mark Ruffalo was pretty good but unfortunately, one swallow does not make a summer. Zoe Saldana was just there while the two young protagonists were undigested and unlikeable. Perhaps, it played an important role the characters which they portrayed. The script had some good moments but in general terms, the story did not tell you more than what you already know. I honestly wonder how this script idea was approved by the producers of independent film studio.
"Infinitely Polar Bear" is definitely one of the most pointless and corny stories I've ever seen in the cinema for this year. Certainly, this is purely my personal opinion because in the open air cinema in which we saw it, it was full of people and all of them watched it with full attention. It has assembled a good rating from IMDb users (7.0) and won positive reviews from experts in the film industry. Despite this, whoever, does not affect my opinion, after touching a 5 with grace.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:31 PM