BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hollyoaks
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post Feb 5 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #101
Jord
Group: Members
Member No.: 27,116

I’m really beginning to stan Celeste right now.

She’s more determined to ruin Martine and her family than Toby laugh.gif . I’m really ready for her to become the shows next female villain.

Toby is good as well (and they’re both super good looking too). Scott though ffs I can’t tolerate him at the minute he’s absolutely unbearable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Feb 5 2020, 01:10 PM
Post #102
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Scott has always been unbearable.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 5 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #103
Jord

QUOTE(Wall @ Feb 5 2020, 01:10 PM) *
Scott has always been unbearable.

He was when he first came into it then when Sinead was axed and she left at first he become better. And he done the suicide attempt story well.

But since he’s become Anita he’s just went back to being terrible. And then the forced relationships with Levi and then poor Azim too (who actually liked Scott for being him) just so he can end up with Mitchell who he isn’t suited to in the slightest. And then the whole set up of him and Cleo being best friends too just so he can betray her so she can have an exit as well laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 5 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #104
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Agreed, idk why they keep giving him so many big-ish storylines, as if there aren't other gay characters in the show they could've worked into Mitchell's storyline who aren't unbearable. I don't even think he's a particularly good actor, like during the depression/suicide storyline he was *fine* I suppose but nothing special and in a storyline like that, a character should shine.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 5 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #105
Jord

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 5 2020, 01:15 PM) *
Agreed, idk why they keep giving him so many big-ish storylines, as if there aren't other gay characters in the show they could've worked into Mitchell's storyline who aren't unbearable. I don't even think he's a particularly good actor, like during the depression/suicide storyline he was *fine* I suppose but nothing special and in a storyline like that, a character should shine.

He actually won a soap award for that storyline too!

Mitchell’s story is hard to watch because I resonate with him a tad (not like I went off at other gay people the way he did but the denial and tads of the religious aspect too). But Mitchell and Azim genuinely have good chemistry together and I wish he’d been his boyfriend instead of Scott.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 5 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #106
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Yeah definitely, and it would have shown the difference between Azim's family accepting him and Mitchell struggling with his granddad, despite the fact religion could have stood in the way for Azim too.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 5 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #107
Jord

That E4 ending!! So

Is Celeste Walters daughter or Toby's sister? She seems more determined to get revenge than him and it seemed odd that his wife would be more bothered than him but now we know they aren’t a couple it’s starting to make more sense

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 7 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #108
Jord

Saint Ste is back on screen in June.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/...eturns-ste-hay/

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 8 2020, 12:22 AM
Post #109
Jord

Also those Mitchell and Walter scenes are very well acted.

Walter reminds me of a lot of my male teachers at school and a few people in my family too. So I definitely found it realistic even though it’s hard to watch. Religion really is one of the biggest causes of how people are mistreated tbh sad.gif

Also that opening to Fridays episode. Wtf I’m in hysterics at that “finally” music video like opening. Much needed tbh after Thursdays episode being so hard hitting.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Feb 8 2020, 12:38 AM

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Feb 15 2020, 03:54 AM
Post #110
🙄

I’m actually kinda annoyed with the Brody and Sienna storyline, there wasn’t really any need to basically split them up but I’m totally here for psycho sienna *.*

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 20 2020, 01:39 AM
Post #111
Jord

Mercedes and Warren though. wink.gif

A fitting couple to be fair. I’m hoping the Warren in care story when explored is done well though and that this stint isn’t like his last one. When given genuinely good stories both characters can show progression it was nice that Mercedes gave Brooke a present too after giving birth.

Generally enjoying the show at the minute though. Luke’s exit is gonna be a real tear jerker I can just already tell that and I’ve loved some of the more light headed balance like moments too between stuff what’s hard hitting Marnie becoming the new comedy queen of the show right now wub.gif also loved the mention of Toms parents who I legit actually remember being on the show that’s how long I’ve watched.

Maxine as well the one time she’s telling the truth she’s not getting believed.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 20 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #112
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

How is Warren still alive?? God he is superhuman in his show. Worse than Eastenders with its favourites!

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Feb 20 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #113
🙄

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Feb 20 2020, 01:39 AM) *
Mercedes and Warren though. wink.gif

A fitting couple to be fair. I’m hoping the Warren in care story when explored is done well though and that this stint isn’t like his last one. When given genuinely good stories both characters can show progression it was nice that Mercedes gave Brooke a present too after giving birth.

Generally enjoying the show at the minute though. Luke’s exit is gonna be a real tear jerker I can just already tell that and I’ve loved some of the more light headed balance like moments too between stuff what’s hard hitting Marnie becoming the new comedy queen of the show right now wub.gif also loved the mention of Toms parents who I legit actually remember being on the show that’s how long I’ve watched.

Maxine as well the one time she’s telling the truth she’s not getting believed.

Is luke leaving?

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 20 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #114
Jord

I’m only assuming Luke will eventually leave because of his storyline but it hasn’t been confirmed by the show as of yet but eventually it’s probably gonna be a Duffy casualty type exit I’m guessing.

I can perhaps see him staying with the show until late next year but I’d surprised if it’s beyond that.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Mar 25 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #115
Jord

E4 pace but gutted at tonight’s episode (E4) cry.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Apr 13 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #116
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

Some good stuff coming up

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Apr 13 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #117
Jord

I’m enjoying Richard Blackwoods character Felix so far!

His entire family are interesting tbh. Walter is well acted but a hypocritical buffoon. Martine has shone lately too and Celeste and Toby are also great. Celeste really has it in her to be the shows big female bitch / villain if they get it right with her. So much potential with all of them.

I’ve said it before but I’m over Warren Fox tbh. An exhausted character who should’ve stayed in the past.

+Quote Post
Monzo
post May 23 2020, 08:16 AM
Post #118
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

I used to like Adam Rickitt's album Good Times, so the other day I asked myself what he is doing these days. I was shocked to find out he's on Hollyoaks for three years now and I didn't recognize him, but I have to say I never cared much about his character Kyle.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post May 23 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #119
Jord

I have a weird feeling re Kyle that his character may end up Taking his own life.

I guess it’s sort of possible given the current storyline he’s involved in and I think HO would really tackle a story like this well if it were to happen. It’s been a while now as well since CS did the same thing with Shayne Wards character so there won’t be a direct compare to that as well.

+Quote Post
Calum
post May 23 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #120
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ May 23 2020, 12:01 PM) *
I have a weird feeling re Kyle that his character may end up Taking his own life.
I guess it’s sort of possible given the current storyline he’s involved in and I think HO would really tackle a story like this well if it were to happen. It’s been a while now as well since CS did the same thing with Shayne Wards character so there won’t be a direct compare to that as well.

That's what I'm thinking too.

I feel that Darren's probably going to come through the other end of all this feeling better about himself (slowly) with the support of Mandy and everybody else around him, but for Kyle it all just seems like there's no way he wants to or can be helped.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 AM