BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Plan the perfect era!, You're in control!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
John-James
post Aug 18 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665
Lets have a bit of fun!

Take a Justin era (or all of them!) and tell us what the era would have been like if you'd been in control! You can be detailed as possible, anywhere from which singles you'd release and in what order all the way up to what the videos should be and when you'd release them!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Aug 18 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Interestingly I think he's done each era pretty much perfectly in terms of the actual single choices! My Worlds was limited in the sense that a large group of people would've hated him no matter what laugh.gif I think he picked the right choices mostly, although U Smile could've been ditched entirely. Personally I'd have wanted a Love Me single but I'm biased as it's one of my absolute faves of his kink.gif

I'd have quite liked if he'd pushed a second single from Under the Mistletoe in 2012 maybe, just to keep it selling throughout the Christmas period. Christmas Love would've made a great single if he'd wanted to, even just a small radio push once Beauty and a Beat was done!

Believe went pretty much perfectly, Boyfriend was a more mature sound for him and kicked off the era in style, although I'd have released it OA/OS in the UK rather than the silly business of holding it back, then ultimately bringing it forward when it was a ridiculous distance away. As Long As You Love Me and Beauty and a Beat showed two different sides to the album, and I'm not sure much more could've been done for either of them, just a shame ALAYLM wasn't bigger! I'd have given All Around the World a bigger push as single 4 as it has a lot of hit potential I think, or alternatively, Take You could've had a great video.

Purpose went almost perfectly for the first three singles, and although Company was my top pick at the time, I think it was probably the wrong option with hindsight. Maybe nothing would've been all that big due to how huge the album was, but I think The Feeling would've been my other choice, or perhaps Children. I'd have re-issued the album actually, with Cold Water and Let Me Love You included, and maybe a brand new single could've been good for Q4 2016. One other improvement would be the videos. The WDYM? video was fantastic, but after that, the quality slipped. Purpose: The Movement felt like a waste of time really, I'd have rather Justin starred in proper videos for Sorry, Love Yourself and Company!

+Quote this post
John-James
post Aug 18 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665
Very interesting!

Like you, I think the My Worlds era was handled pretty much as well as it could have been. I would definitely have picked 'The Feeling' as the 4th single but whether it would have done better than 'Company' I'm not sure, I just really love TF laugh.gif The re-release would have been a great idea and maybe have even helped the album finally go #1 in the UK like it deserved.

The biggest changes I would make however would be with the Believe era. Surprisingly I'm not the biggest fan of Boyfriend and whilst it sounds like an obvious single, I would have preferred if it had remained an album track. I would have released ALAYLM as the lead single followed by Take You which I'm still angry didn't become a single, its one of the best on the album. I remember the overwhelming positive reaction ALAYLM got (much more than Boyfriend), so I think beginning the era with that could have been brilliant for album sales, well not like they were bad anyway. BAAB would have remained the 3rd single and the same for AATW as 4th but with a much bigger push like you said.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 26 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007
PURPOSE was basically the perfect era but Children should've been released instead of (or before) Company. A missed opportunity!

WDYM > Sorry > LY > Children > TF > either stop here or release Company

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:36 AM