BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jadakissnia ● National Thread, BJSC 161: Seycara Orchestral - If You Were Mine
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Feb 17 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #821
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
So we started off the year with a DNQ oops. DJ Maphorisa and friends finished in 24th place in the semi, with 40 points. It was ahead of its time I tell thee!!

Aside from being on the sidelines, things went well in the final as our entire top 3 finished in the top 10 *.* These were our faves in the final:

18 Icarus feat. Real Lies - Man of the Land // Fljótavík
15 Shortparis - Страшно // elëdan 
13 Ferdinand Dreyssig, Marvin Hey, Worakls - Cœur de la nuit // Cowtermont
12 Sam Perry - Looking For Light (Live) // Bøtanikkä
11 Nadia Ali - Fantasy (Tritonal Air Up There Remix) // Jupiterdonia
10 Anna von Hausswolff - The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra // Lotunia
09 De Staat - Kitty Kitty // Alteria
08 In The Loop - Tu Sì 'Na Cosa Grande // Persephonia 
07 Bomba Estéreo - Química (Dance With Me) (feat. Balkan Beat Box) // Kluminican Republic
06 Capital Bra feat. Luciano and Eno - Roli Glitzer Glitzer // Pupok
05 Sho Madjozi - Huku // Espen 
04 Shygirl - O // Medhelnia
03 Vulfpeck - Darwin Derby // Oslol
02 Tommy Trash - Me & U (feat. Anna Lunoe) // Aeroche
01 Holy Ghost! - Dance A Little Closer // Harmonica 

Now, Jadakissnia don't do more than one DNQ in a year (except for that one time when we did) so we fully intend to come back with a BANG in Cowtermont. This will be our most retro pick to date - 1990s Eurodance here we come!!

BJSC 112

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 26 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #822
Group icon
Alone and wounded
BJSC 112
Pharao - I Show You Secrets

SWIFTLY moving on from last month's mess (an underrated bop I tell thee) we hope to be back with a BANG this time with Eurodance entry 'I Show You Secrets' by German group Pharao! It has random rapping on it so that's already Eurodance to a t. This is our oldest entry to date, beating Adam F's 1997 minor hit 'Circles', as this was released in 1994! 'I Show You Secrets' narrowly missed out on being our 90s vs. 00s spinoff entry, as our noughties entry was picked by fate instead, that being 'Temptation' by Arash. But we finally get to send this now! We've unleashed Pharao to another part of the site in the past, namely for Club Bizarre with 'There Is A Star' and that did okay. But it deserved more! So here's hoping the #dancebloc and any other fans can help us out here. This is our 39th entry to date and can be found in slot 24 of semi 2.

P.s. both Ashton and Espen have recycled artists from our entry 'Midnight Starring' last month, so it may have flopped but its impact lives on *.*

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Feb 26 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #823
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
<3 no need for words to show how much I love this.

This has to qualify, just I wish we were in same semi.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 28 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #824
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Feb 26 2019, 10:47 PM) *
<3 no need for words to show how much I love this.

This has to qualify, just I wish we were in same semi.

Bless you Addy my fellow Pharao stan *.* keeping my fingers crossed, 12 woots on plug was at least a good sign! If only we were in the same semi indeed.

+Quote this post
Riser
post Mar 14 2019, 04:27 AM
Post #825
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
This was so up my street believe it or not! Love this style of 90s dance music. I guess I'll have to listen to that other Pharao song! Plus, pretty sure it's our first double-figure points to Jadakissnia since your very first entry ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 23 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #826
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Erm so this still exists blush.gif a very belated thank you for the above praise Jordan! Did you ever hear 'There Is A Star'? You are correct in thinking that your Pharao points were your highest to me since BJSC 74, glad to have appealed to you so much with something again at last wub.gif

Will update my OP eventually, but for now here's how we did since this was last updated...

Pharao - I Show You Secrets
BJSC 112: 3rd place // 284 points

Josin - Once Apart
BJSC 113: DNQ (26th in semi) // 37 points

LUNA - Dumala
BJSC 114: 24th // 149 points

Yoshitaka Hirota - hazy iii
BJSC 115: 34th // 130 points

ONUKA - Time
BJSC Your Best Of II: 1st // 200 points

AURORA - The Seed
BJSC Pride II: 4th // 94 points

So this year has been a weird one so far. Last year was super successful for main contests but this time we're all over the place laugh.gif we've now had 2 DNQs this year, the first time we've had more than one in a BJSC year since 2015. But at the same time, we've kept up a streak of attaining a top 10 hit every single year thanks to Pharao! But I'd say that this is definitely more of an experimental year which has been reflected by the results. It's the one where we've cared about success the least for sure, probably due to the DNQs spurring more of a carefree attitude. We're still gutted about Josin flopping btw. She better do well in Rejects or else! Anyway, it's also been a right foreign year as we've sent no acts from the UK or US yet! Instead we've gone to South Africa, Germany twice, Ukraine, Japan and now Slovakia with our newie. On the flipside, it's been an immense year for spin-offs so far! ONUKA improved on their original 9th place position in BJSC 75 with a WIN in Your Best Of II for 'Time', brilliant stuff *.* plus AURORA represented us in Pride II with her best song to date - 'The Seed' - and finished in an impressive 4th place. This means we've finished top 10 in both Pride spinoffs, with Arca last time placing 9th. Worldvision is just around the corner, let's hope we can get back to our glory days with that spinoff and score another top 10 this year. But first, the latest main contest...

Gleb - Gauč n Bass
BJSC 116 // semi 2

The experimental year continues as we've gone all rap/hip-hop/drum & bass on you guys! We've dipped into weird foreign hip-hop in the past with Epelit in Worldvision II and Tuna in BJSC 86 but both were sadly big flops. However, we're boldly returning to this lane 3 years later. This one has FLUTES and DRUM & BASS elements though so that's gotta help our chances right?? Err, wrong, because this looks like a terrible semi for us. kink.gif but I hope some of you guys out there do embrace this incredible standout song. Gleb is a male rapper who resides in Slovakia so that's a neat new nationality for us! The song features Slovak lyrics too minus a couple of lines in English here and there. It's wild and we're living for it. Semi 1 people show your support please as we're going to need it! We've been drawn in slot 10 of the semi. This is our 43rd entry to date - time is flying!

Yeah, let me get back on track with this thread now x

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Jul 24 2019, 06:19 AM
Post #827
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
LOVE^

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 24 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #828
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(dobbo @ Jul 24 2019, 07:19 AM) *
LOVE^

A fan who is actually in my semi, yessss *.* glad you're liking it! heart.gif

(I really enjoyed your entry on plug.dj last night also btw! Definitely something a bit different for Dobago.)

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 28 2019, 05:49 PM
Post #829
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Yay for your thread being bumped again in time for easily your best entry of the year so far *.* bangah. Loving the flutes x

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 29 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #830
Group icon
Alone and wounded
^ So glad that you're on board as I did think it would be up your street! *.* snap with it being our Jadakissnia 2019 fave so far. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have the energy to revive this thread but a quick catch-up did the trick eventually kink.gif anyway, we have some news... ohmy.gif

Gleb has qualified for the final of BJSC 116 with 'Gauč n Bass'! cheer.gif The tides have turned from the days when our weird hip-hop/rap stuff would be destined to flop. Poor Epelit and Tuna. I honestly did not think we had a chance at all when the semi draw was revealed! But... we somehow made it. Excited for the final as most vocal fans seemed to be in the other semi! This is our 36th qualifier to date and increases our qualifying streak to a decent three in a row. Thanks to everyone who voted for us!

However, the same could not be said for all of our favourites. Here is what dropped out from our actual votes and would-be votes...

semi 1 (actual votes):
04 Trifoski // black midi - Talking Heads
02 Singerpurear // Jesus Jones - Info Freako
01 Wholune // Hobo Johnson - Typical Story

semi 2 (would-be votes):
10 Cowtermont // KLOUD - Exit Alive
06 Danæviia // RIOT - Overkill
04 Tartford // Raúl Orellana - The Real Wild House
03 Deandria // Nite Jewel - 2 Good 2 Be True

Semi 2 was particularly brutal! sad.gif poor poor Cowtermont. With that and Danæviia out it seems like it wasn't to be for noisy dance this time.

In other news the Worldvision IV spin-off is currently underway in Hushkanukia. We were (unfortunately laugh.gif) given Monaco and may have confirmed a classical piece.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 13 2019, 10:52 PM
Post #831
Group icon
Alone and wounded
hey wanna see a glow up?

soooo Gleb - Gauč n Bass ended up finishing 30th in 116, with 151 points. It's cool, getting a foreign rap flutey D&B song to the final was impressive in itself.

But then something truly remarkable happened...

Rompasso - Ignis
BJSC 117: ★ 1st // 264 points ★

WE ONLY WENT AND WON BJSC FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!

It took 44 entries and 4 years of trying. But we've only gone and done it at last with some banging house music from Russia!

So, "omg Jade teach me your ways, how can I win?" I hear you say? well here are my top tips...

- have a banging drop
- make sure Persephonia snub you
- get a Beaver to decide

and hey presto you'll finally get there!

kink.gif seriously though I'm over the moon - thanks so much everyone who pointed it <3

also... we went classical in Worldvision IV and it actually came top 20? lmao. Coming 17th (with 105 points) for MONACO of all places was even more impressive than winning the main contest tbh. Okay no, the length of the title of this entry was actually the real winner. Here was the song:

mood in Jadakissnia rn: cheer.gif yahoo.gif w00t.gif dance.gif banana.gif

+Quote this post
coi
post Sep 13 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #832
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Gleb deserved better!

And congratulations on finally becoming a winner at BJSC! cheer.gif Fully deserved win, really liked Ignis!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 13 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #833
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
You finally winning the first time I ever snub one of your songs is genuinely messing with my brain lmao xxx (obviously was still a fan if not as much as I usually am but that's just so typical!)

Welcome to the winners' circle at last!!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 13 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #834
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Oh fanny ell comgrats!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 13 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #835
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(coi @ Sep 14 2019, 12:00 AM) *
Gleb deserved better!

And congratulations on finally becoming a winner at BJSC! cheer.gif Fully deserved win, really liked Ignis!

So much this! At least it got justice as a multi-chart smash haha, how random *.*

Thanks so much cheer.gif you started off the night on such a high for the song with my first medal of the night! a 13 point swap was particularly satisfying.

QUOTE(Bré @ Sep 14 2019, 12:04 AM) *
You finally winning the first time I ever snub one of your songs is genuinely messing with my brain lmao xxx (obviously was still a fan if not as much as I usually am but that's just so typical!)

Welcome to the winners' circle at last!!

I know I actually cannot believe it!! Feels so mean when 'Sinking' came so close and that's your fave. Well... at least you didn't hate my winner or anything, I can just about cope with 16th x thank youuuuu ahhh this is so exciting <3

cat <3

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Sep 14 2019, 12:06 AM) *
Oh fanny ell comgrats!!

Thanks Meek! WELL DONE on such a decision from ur beavering self!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 22 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #836
Group icon
Alone and wounded
BJSC 118
Active Child - All Eyes on You

This time we get to sit back and relax as winning with Rompasso last month has bagged us an auto-qualifier! Did we go risky for this 45th entry? Well, not exactly, as I had this lined up as probably my safest entry of the year before I knew I had an AQ kink.gif but the Jadakissnians were so desperate to send it that we ran with it anyway. This is the second time we've had an autoqualifier, after placing 2nd with Sominum's 'Sinking' back in BJSC 108. This allowed us to send Ben Frost's 'Venter' as our AQ. It ended up placing in 17th for BJSC 109. Will 'All Eyes on You' follow in its footsteps and also finish in the top 20? We shall see. Fun fact, these AQs are both elëdan recycles - the impact! Skall have also sent Active Child in the past. However, this is the first song I've ever heard by the American singer. You could say it was a good first impression! 'All Eyes on You' is as romantic as the title suggests, with very devoted lyrics and dreamy vocals. The electronic production (that of course incorporates strings too) is also beautiful. This is our third entry in a row to feature male vocals! Look at us ramping up the diversity all of sudden, after never sending even two male vocal songs in a row in the past.

We hope you guys will love this as much as we do! Make sure to vote in your respective BasilJSC semi if you're taking part. I'll be hosting the final!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 28 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #837
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
This made me cry

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 28 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #838
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Cameron @ Sep 28 2019, 04:46 PM) *
This made me cry

wub.gif it's stunning isn't it?! My favourite song I've sent this year. Much hype right back at you for 'We Are W.I.T.C.H.' of course, so nostalgic *.*

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 28 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #839
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Cornelia is coming to smash up the contest tbf

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 28 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #840
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Legends only x

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:13 AM