BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cor Lupus | Official National Thread, #BJSC163 | 🩸 LEXXE - Santa Sangre 🩸
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 8 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #481
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
BJSC 111 | REYNA - Heartbeat | 20th (158 points)

BY THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH. It’s not top half (that cuts off at 18th) but it’s a lot better than the second last we predicted.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. Happy early Valentine’s Day everyone!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 24 2019, 10:26 PM
Post #482
Group icon
We just wanna get lifted...

Sponsored by

Parker Bossley | Lifted

This year is full of ups and downs, and we want our entries to be representative of that this year (let's see how long we can keep that narrative up), so we brought in another upcoming indie artist with his debut single. Kinda expecting this to crash and burn but it's one of the best songs we've managed to cook up so hopefully y'all are nice to it? Please?

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC112

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 12 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #483
Group icon
BJSC 112 | Parker Bossley - Lifted | 37th (126 points)

...we're not even gonna discuss this.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 12 2019, 11:45 PM
Post #484
Group icon
BJSC 113 POTENTIALS ANNOUNCEMENT
Sponsored by

Alok & Timmy Trumpet - Metaphor (i feel like this is the typical "really cody? this will get vetoed" potential but idc)

ARTY - Save Me Tonight

Blood Wolf - Thorns Run Red

Luke Bond - Right Now (feat. Sara Skinner)

Lulleaux & Meslen - Fallin' (feat. Twan Ray)

Touch Sensitive - G.A.L. (feat. Daniel Wilson)

-

Personal rank: Right Now > Fallin' = Save Me Tonight = Thorns Run Red > Metaphor = G.A.L. (this is all really close lmao)

Most of these were songs I found while potential hunting and they spoke to me the most so yeah. Just wanna get the bad taste of that last flop out of my mouth quickly.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #485
Group icon
I could kick it with you ever night...

Sponsored by

Sleepy Tom | Amateurs (feat. LIGHTS)

So it ended up being none of the potentials posted weeks ago and this month's selection went down to two songs by Canadian DJ Sleepy Tom. As a result, Amateurs becomes our first CanCon entry since The Birthday Massacre. The Bloodpop-esque track features vocals from Canadian songstress LIGHTS, who has had her fair share of dance vocals over the past couple months, notably Felix Cartal's "Love Me" which is currently taking off in the land of hockey and maple syrup. It's back to our comfortable dance-pop style, albeit more mainstream than usual but that's just the way we like it. This year's concept is about passion, and we're definitely passionate about this one.

(Eagle-eyed participants will also notice that during the early days of the contest we considered Sleepy Tom's "Pusher", so it's safe to say that we're glad that he gets to represent us this time smile.gif)

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC113

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 18 2019, 06:25 AM
Post #486
Group icon
BJSC 113 | Sleepy Tom - Amateurs (feat. LIGHTS) | 34th (150 points)

So this is the second month in a row where I've been caught off guard with a flop. This just feels more disappointing than last contest because this was an artist that I had been dying to send and thought would do decently, and he ended up being underrated. At least with Parker Bossley I had time to prepare myself.

Tbh I'm not entirely sure where to go from here. Got another nice dance-adjacent song prepared for next month but with this current run of form I'm expecting it to DNQ. The slump is real you guys.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 6 2019, 07:46 PM
Post #487
Group icon
I'm crashing down and I need your help...

Sponsored by

Luke Bond | Right Now (feat. Sara Skinner)

What fitting lyrics for this tongue.gif

After two entries that went unappreciated by the BJ public (yes I know they made the final but lemme make my own narrative for once), we go to the genre that helped bring back the momentum we lost last year: trance. This time with some vocals. Enter Armada stalwart Luke Bond who has had an extensive list of trance tunes over the past decade. Will this be the start of a return to form? Or will our hopes and dreams be snapped out of existence by Thanos sunbaenim?

(ngl with the current track record I'm not holding out much hope for this to do any better especially considering this is in the pop semi, but stranger things have happened)

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC114

+Quote this post
danG
post May 6 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #488
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Great to see Trance Lupus are back and how fitting for a DNLD contest too, hopefully this can continue your Q streak and maybe even do decently in the final?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 20 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #489
Group icon
BJSC 114 | Luke Bond | Right Now (feat. Sara Skinner) | 3rd (266 points)

f*ck. Well I'm shook.

That was so much more than what I was expecting AT ALL. We managed to get fans that we didn't expect to get, which is great because that's what I hope to get when I send tracks, and I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it so much!

Thank you so much for all your support, I promise to keep working hard and I love you all 3000. heart.gif

What's next for 105? Probably a summer jam? Who knows?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 8 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #490
Group icon
My secret last resort... how did I get here?

Sponsored by

Swimming Girls | 1 2 Many

And we're back to indie pop y'all. We've come full circle for the first half of the year. Swimming Girls are our second British act in a row and provide a more mellow change of pace from the high octane sound we've cultivated over this year. Following a bronze medalist is gonna prove to be tricky: the last two countries who came 3rd ended up DNQing the following contest. Can we break the curse, or have we cheated death 1 2 many times?

You can catch them with a special appearance from Desmond the Moon Bear in Semi 1 taking place in Oslol.

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC115

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 23 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #491
Group icon
BJSC 115 | Swimming Girls - 1 2 Many | 8th (206 points)

WHY TF DID THEY DELETE THIS OFF OF YOUTUBE I’M-

Anyway thanks for getting this to top 10 you guys heart.gif heart.gif it’s also another unique position similar to last month’s 3rd!

Not sure what I have planned for 116, trying to choose between something synths but cheap (and I guess a bunch of things can get past the veto and win looking at the past three winners, no shade to y’all but that’s just what it is) or do I risk it and go for a Depeche Mode sounding track from a band that I have had as a potential for over a year? Interesting choices smile.gif in the meantime you can stan our Pride entry...

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 23 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #492
Group icon
PRIDE II | Rina Sawayama - Cherry

Alterlife was so good but the legend JUMPED OUT with this song *.*

🍒 🍒 🍒 🍒

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 23 2019, 10:42 PM
Post #493
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
TUNE

well done cody!!!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 22 2019, 05:13 AM
Post #494
Group icon
You and I make colors ignite...

Sponsored by

Tremors | Technicolour

So... this is the third British act in a row that we've sent to the main contest lol. Tremors are another band that we've held off for a while (although unlike Sleepy Tom we've held off on these guys for more than a year rather than almost four), and this contest we finally get to let their 80's power pop aesthetic shine, just in time for Stranger Things season. As usual we're pretty uncertain of how this choice will pay off (we're in the poppier semi again... work) but here's hoping that it does.

(this wasn't the Depeche Mode sounding track that I teased after 115 ended but I hope you guys take to this as well!)

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC116

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 7 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #495
Group icon
PRIDE II | Rina Sawayama - Cherry | 8th (70 points)

Still waiting on a top 5 in a spin-off unfortunately, hoping it will happen soon

-

BJSC 116 | Tremors - Technicolor | 23rd (178 points)

Disappointingly frontloaded but I'm not surprised considering this almost DNQ'd tongue.gif Kinda wish this did better tho

Even bigger news is that we had an 18 swap with Quintessa! Thank you so much for that and for sending queen Chungha, don't forget to stream Snapping at your local music service app.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 7 2019, 07:59 AM
Post #496
Group icon
WORLDVISION IV | Portugal | Paranormal Attack - Another Night (feat. AC Slator)

...which brings us to our first psy trance entry! Portugal apparently has a lit EDM scene there, I decided to go with this bc it felt like the most interesting of what I heard (especially since I ended up getting stuck on like three tracks)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 22 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #497
Group icon
You only love me when we get undresesed...

Sponsored by

Jealous Friend, Alex Parker & Olivia Addams | In My Mind

We're back to dance for the seventh contest of the year, providing something sultry to help cope with the summer heat. This entry finally adds another new country to our map (this time Romania), and with a banging bass line and entrancing violins, could this change of pace be what this contest needs? I guess we'll have to find out.

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC117

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 14 2019, 06:18 AM
Post #498
Group icon
BJSC 117 | Jealous Friend, Alex Parker & Olivia Addams - In My Mind | 7th (232 points)

Not too much bad luck for a Friday the 13th results show! Thanks so much to Arcodesia (again) and TARO Bell for the 18’s! heart.gif

It’s gonna be business as usual for the next contest (I think I have this contest and the next one mapped out already!), it’s gonna be synthy pop, but released in a place you wouldn’t expect it to be. I’m actually really excited for this entry and can’t wait to introduce it to you. Until next time! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 19 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #499
Group icon
And just like summer turns to fall we turn to strangers...

Sponsored by

Hanne Mjøen | Strangers

Norwegian singer-songwriter Hanne Mjøen is back with the infectious new single ‘Strangers’. The chorus drops us into a cool, refreshing piece of pop music, that is intelligent and sparkling in its melodies, together with stunning vocals and a rasping, weighty lead line, that perfectly underlines Mjøen's unique songwriting talent - it's officially out now on Spinnin' Records.

Armada in 114, Ultra Music in 117, and now Spinnin Records for this contest. Never would anyone have expected that a synth pop song would end up on Spinnin' Records but here we are. We're serving up another dose of synthpoppy goodness with lyrics fitting for the change of seasons. Will it reward us well or will we become strangers to BJSC once more?

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC118

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 6 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #500
Group icon
BJSC 118 | Hanne Mjøen | Strangers | 2nd (272 points)

Came into this not believing the hype but secretly hoping for that fourth top 10 this year, and instead we got something better: a second medal position for the year! Things have really turned around since March! Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who has helped us reach this goal, we’ll continue to work hard to bring you guys the passion and the cool narratives.

Some fun facts (I mean we did just finish a Jadakissnia contest so it’s only fitting to emulate our sisters in crime):
• Strangers is the first time we’ve gotten two medalists in a year and only the second time we’ve gotten two top 5’s in a year
• we now have a top 10 from the three main dance labels! (3rd from Luke Bond representing Armada, 7th with Jealous Friend representing Ultra Music, and now 2nd for this representing Spinnin’)
• this is a HUGE improvement from the last time we sent a Norwegian artist; MIIA only came 34th last time.

119 is gonna be fun as it’s the annual Halloween inspired entry and surprisingly... I don’t have a clue what to send. It’s between K-pop, the usual synth pop business, or actual witch house. I’ll think of something soon tongue.gif

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:57 PM