BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Right Now 🔹 5 Years
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post May 15 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Happy half-decade Right Now cheer.gif What are your opinions on this song? Do you still listen to it or are you not a fan of the tumbledryer production (© Jade ;o)? kink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 15 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
I GET all the criticisms about this song, yes it's generic, yes it's lazy but it's such a bop laugh.gif This was supposed to be as big or at least close to 'Where Have You Been' I think but it never really happened. The single pushes during the Unapologetic era still annoy me to this day, almost as bad as Reputation drama.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post May 15 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I do think that if this song had an actual music video and some actual promo then it would have been a decent sized hit, round about bottom end of the top 20 maybe, it's not as bad as a lot of people make out, but yeah it's kinda generic but so was a lot of stuff in the charts at the time. However on the whole this release was pretty pointless and dunno if it did anything towards the album sales, as I doubt anyone knew this even came out.

Looking back wow this era was terribly messy with it's single releases, it seems that after the massive success of the first 2 singles, her team and label kinda just gave up and just picked out whatever track at random, which is what probably happened with this as well as that pointless US release of 'Loveeee Song' which is awful.

Even 'Pour It Up' could have done better if the video was released sooner, even 'What Now' which strangely enough only had an X-Factor performance to promote it as well as a half assed music video. 'Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary' was a major missed opportunity from this era in my opinion.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:05 AM