BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Unpopular Opinion: Drag Race Edition
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 9th April 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

This unpopular opinion thing has been gaining traction on social media again, so I thought a Drag Race one would be fun. ACTUAL unpopular opinions plz not "Trixie didn't deserve to win AS3!1!1" which everyone thinks kink.gif

My biggest unpopular opinion is that Alyssa Edwards is not funny at all, she was terrible at so much on Season 5 and I am eternally baffled as to how she is such a huge fan fave. She certainly wasn't "robbed" on S5 given the dancing challenge is the only thing she actually did that well on and it's tiring to hear. AS2 I get a bit more, as she only didn't make the final because of Rolaskatox.

I guess you could also count the fact I think people do a bit too much in regards to Eureka, like she is a kinda awful person who has to make everything about her and as a person that's tiring af, but you can't deny her talent as a performer and queen, as shown on various challenges and lipsyncs.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 9th April 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

Oh wow I completely agree with you with regards to Alyssa
Keeping in line with that Haus I suppose mine would be
Shangela really wasn’t that great on AS3 - in the snatch game and top 5 acting challenge she was literally just being herself and only won because no one else really done well - and in the Divas challenge she had by far the funniest part and anyone who could get the words down would have won with that part (not saying she was worse than Bebe, Trixie or Kennedy but Ben was the only queen who really gave multiple decent preformances that season imo)
Also not a fun of her most of her runways and Lipsync always relied on gimmicks

+Quote this post
post 9th April 2019, 01:25 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Detox is overrated by some. Her fashion is good, but outside of that there's not much to get excited about, she seems to think she's a lot more "sickening" than she is, and often comes across as bitter, bratty and jealous of other queens on social media. On AS2, Roxxxy had better runways overall.

It is unpopular opinions after all!

+Quote this post
post 9th April 2019, 01:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Another one, I think it's lucky Adore left when she did and upheld her brand, because I think she would have ended up with a Chi-Chi like run on AS2 if she'd stayed.

+Quote this post
Doug
post 9th April 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

I have oh so many of these but above all, I think that the worst winner after Tyra (that’s not an unpopular opinion) is Violet. She was very much meh throughout the whole series and only did well and saved herself from the bottom several times based on runways and fashion challenges, that is all, and I don’t even think that her looks were mind blowing either. Aquaria does what she does better, but has proper talents too. Plus she was horrendously unlikable. Ginger by miles should have won Season 7.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 9th April 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

QUOTE(Doug @ Apr 9 2019, 02:38 PM) *
I have oh so many of these but above all, I think that the worst winner after Tyra (that’s not an unpopular opinion) is Violet. She was very much meh throughout the whole series and only did well and saved herself from the bottom several times based on runways and fashion challenges, that is all, and I don’t even think that her looks were mind blowing either. Aquaria does what she does better, but has proper talents too. Plus she was horrendously unlikable. Ginger by miles should have won Season 7.

I agree with this to an extent. I don't think Violet was necessarily a terrible winner but I don't think she was deserving. I honestly think both Ginger (obviously) and Pearl (controversially) were better winners than Violet as they had shown more versatility and more growth during the season than Violet did. I think Violet was only really good at the runway which is only about 1/3 of what should make a RPDR winner. Ginger should definitely have won.

As for my unpopular opinion I guess it's not really unpopular anymore but prior to AS4 I thought Latrice was way overrated and only ever good at being Latrice. I think most people agree with this now after AS4 but prior to that she was almost universally adored and I really did not understand why.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 9th April 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Yvie Oddly isn’t great.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 9th April 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Alaska deserved to win AS2/Katya wasn't robbed. A lot of people seem to think Katya deserved to win AS2, but Alaska absolutely slayed the competition.

+Quote this post
post 9th April 2019, 06:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Apr 9 2019, 06:58 PM) *
Alaska deserved to win AS2/Katya wasn't robbed. A lot of people seem to think Katya deserved to win AS2, but Alaska absolutely slayed the competition.

This is mother f***ing tea. I prefer Katya on a personal level, but Alaska worked her way through the show like none other. I think the best and most prepared runs ever are Alaska, Shangela and Manila.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 9th April 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

jinkx is overrated

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 9th April 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Apr 9 2019, 06:58 PM) *

ABSOLUTELY. i've never seen anyone embody what rupaul wants more in a queen than alaska has.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 9th April 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Am I the only one who didn't really like AS4 Snatch Game Of Love that much? Other than Trinity I didn't think it was that thrilling.

Maybe I'm just used to the original format idk

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 9th April 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Bangtan Cody @ Apr 9 2019, 08:14 PM) *
Am I the only one who didn't really like AS4 Snatch Game Of Love that much? Other than Trinity I didn't think it was that thrilling.

Maybe I'm just used to the original format idk

it was awful x

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 9th April 2019, 10:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah the last Snatch Game was awful, it wasn't necessarily the performances (although granted only Naomi/Manila/Trinity were any good really, plus Valentina I guess who should in no way have been bottom 2 even if it wasn't funny) but I hated the format. It worked ok when Drag Race Thailand did it that way, but they did Snatch Game at top 5 so it was just one group and they could still all bounce off of each other, rather than having it split into two groups, but I still think the panel version is so much better.

QUOTE(cantthinkofaname @ Apr 9 2019, 05:36 PM) *
As for my unpopular opinion I guess it's not really unpopular anymore but prior to AS4 I thought Latrice was way overrated and only ever good at being Latrice. I think most people agree with this now after AS4 but prior to that she was almost universally adored and I really did not understand why.

100% agreed! I definitely never disliked Latrice but like Alyssa, I never really got the huge fan reaction for her.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 9th April 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Here are a few:

1. Asia O’Hara was the real runway queen of S10 rather than Aquaria (that dandelion head-piece, her denim and diamonds & her final runway look prove it)
2. Miz Cracker is the most over-rated comedy queen ever and used her position as a white-fan fav to act like a c**t (her reaction to Asia’s one comment by bringing up her lack of followers without understanding the racism inherent within the fanbase is prime example)
3. Aja is one of the worst queens to ever be on the show and is a complete leech of everyone else’s drag
4. Ginger Minj should have actually won S7. Although Violet has blossomed after the show, on rewatch recently of S7, I was surprised how many times she flopped the challenges and most of her wins were design/look-based challenges whereas Ginger slayed most challenges and had a diverse array of challenge wins. I actually prefer Violet to Ginger but re-watching the series I do think she was robbed.
5. Jade Jolie should get another shot on All Stars. Has anyone seen her glow up online????
6. Ongina is not a particularly fierce queen (the standard was lower in S1) and I don't want her anywhere near an All Stars series.

This post has been edited by Davidson: 9th April 2019, 10:18 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th April 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(jakewild @ Apr 9 2019, 07:51 PM) *
jinkx is overrated

YES! I found her so unbearable in her series laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th April 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Davidson @ Apr 9 2019, 11:10 PM) *
Here are a few:
2. Miz Cracker is the most over-rated comedy queen ever and used her position as a white-fan fav to act like a c**t
3. Aja is one of the worst queens to ever be on the show and is a complete leech of everyone else’s drag

YES!!!! Replace Miz Cracker with Trixie though, I love Miz Cracker

Another; The Vixen had a lot of very very valid points but people just saw an aggressive black person so didn't want to acknowledge them.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 10th April 2019, 12:00 AM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

i wonder if anyone says something POSITIVE at some point for a change

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 10th April 2019, 12:08 AM
Post #19
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 9 2019, 11:56 PM) *
YES!!!! Replace Miz Cracker with Trixie though, I love Miz Cracker
Another; The Vixen had a lot of very very valid points but people just saw an aggressive black person so didn't want to acknowledge them.

True, she made some points but I think more than racial stereotypes she was just vile (and certainly from the show, not that good). She made me feel sorry for Eureka :’)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th April 2019, 06:54 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think she definitely went the wrong way around them but she had a lot of valid points in there. I would've gone crazy living with someone as obnoxious as Eureka!

As for positive unpopular opinions; I'm not too sure how "unpopular" it is but Joslyn Fox and Laganja Estranja were some of my faves and especially in Joslyns case feel completely forgotten about when they deserve a second chance.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:54 PM