BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race Season 11 // Snatch Game At Sea
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Apr 13 2019, 11:30 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Mini challenge: TBA
Main challenge: Snatch Game
Guest judges: Tony Hale, Clea Duvall
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Apr 16 2019, 01:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I really want Nina to do well this week! Pray for ha!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 16 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
If any challenge is made for Nina it's this so fingers crossed!!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Apr 19 2019, 02:31 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
OMFG that was the best lip-sync of ALL time, like period :rip: laugh.gif wub.gif that happens once in a lifetime.

I f***ing was living for it.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Apr 19 2019, 02:42 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Now back to Snatch Game.

I thought it was just an okay episode and I am not familiar with TS Madison character but to me it was more like Ganache doing Ganache so I missed the point of her doing a character and be a winner.

Brooke Lynn and Yvie really sucked (so did Vanjie) and righfully were in bottom two, and thanks god for that because how else we would witness one of the greatest lip-sync of all time, so thank you Ru for that.

Can we also talk about Brooke Lynn runway ruveal ohmy.gif, that was a moment even though it was obvious that she was just trying to cover and make up for her terrible result in challenge, but that's how you fight and not give up.

And I am not liking the fact how everyone in panel speak and address Ganache as a star etc etc I still am not ok with nothing she does, she's always the same, her runways are minimal, same make up and list goes on.

This post has been edited by Addy K!ng: Apr 19 2019, 02:43 AM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 19 2019, 05:55 AM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Honestly I think the only reason that people would think Snatch Game would be underwhelming would be that some of the queens picked obscure choices, and the bigger names flopped hard. Shuga GAVE IT as Charo though, I did expect more crazy but that was a spot on impression.

I don’t understand how Nina didn’t win. She pulled it out with TWO characters (one of which I recognized, Harvey Fierstein aka the original Edna Turnblad) and her runway was pretty damn amazing. Silky had the best Snatch Game but an average runway look, so if I were to base my pick to win on the overall performance, it would have been Nina. Honestly Nina and Shuga were the only ones who did amazing in both Snatch Game and the runway. Everyone else either turned it out in one area but sucked in the other. Brooke destroyed it on the runway but got destroyed in Snatch Game. Yvie was just a series of unfortunate events.

A’keria’s home messages though! 😭😭😭😭

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 19 2019, 06:58 AM
Post #7
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
haven't seen the episode but i have seen the lipsync and ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post Apr 19 2019, 07:33 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Vanjie should've probably gone with La Toya; why on earth she didn't change after Ru and Jinx talking to her I don't know.

Geez, Brooke Lynn was beyond dire as Celine - like they said Celine is intense and not entirely flat. She's probably someone who could make reading a phonebook entertaining because you'd know it'd be extra!

Finally Shuga has started to stand out a bit after being virtually invisible. I thought she was being given the Joslyn Fox edit...

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Apr 19 2019, 09:33 AM
Post #9
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Vanjie really should have gone

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Apr 19 2019, 10:43 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Meh Snatchgame, great runway an amazing Lipsync
Good episode overall but on the whole this snatch game really wasn’t great. Apart from the top 3 the rest were below par

+Quote this post
kye
post Apr 19 2019, 11:01 AM
Post #11
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
i really don’t get how silky won the snatch game? she looked like herself, spoke like herself + acted like herself.
that was a poor choice of winner. michelle having a problem with vanjie being vanjie in the snatch game but then praising silky? confused.

nina should have absolutely walked it, i’m furious.

brook lynne’s runway was wow - the lip sync was.. good but is being over-exaggerated.
being able to do backflips + headstands does not maketh a good lip sync. they just threw themselves around, but it was entertaining.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 19 2019, 11:06 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Just about to watch the episodes, happy Nina did well so I'm hyped to see but I'm sad that basically the ONE thing the rumours got wrong this season was that she was doing Gemma Collins and Abby Lee Miller, both of those would have been iconic sad.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 19 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Yeah I was hyped for Gemma and Abby sad.gif

That really was a very poor Snatch Game - only really liked Shuga & Nina! I don't think Vanjie was as bad as they made her out to be as well.

The lip sync was good, but Yvie had it spot on prior to all the theatrics and doing acrobatics, it came across as messy and didn't really fit the song well. It was entertaining though! Nothing on the likes of Tatianna vs Alysa and Dax vs Monet.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Apr 19 2019, 11:23 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Suprised they done a double Shantay with 15 queens there. Must mean there’s more competitive episodes than usual or a double sashay is coming

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 19 2019, 12:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
THAT

WAS

INCREDIBLE

MY WIG WAS SNATCHED!!!

Brooke's reveal and that lip sync! I know everyone will be all like blahblah relying on stunts but they were done IMPECCABLY and there was SO much variety. Unlike Kameron with her only one split ever *cough*

Best lip sync ever for me.

Silky as always SALTY AS HELL. So much hatred and anger towards someone. She's saying all these things about Yvie but goes on camera and calls her drag literally "trash" even after the apology. Silky is trash. She will be the worst winner EVER for me. And yes I remember we still have Tyra...

idk how Twitter and whatnot is feeling about Silky but surely there will be a backlash if she doesn't change her ways and stays bitter and hateful. Especially if she reaches Top 3 and GODDESS FORBID wins!

Silky and A'keria only playing one character everywhere (and being that in real life so i'm not sure it can count as a character) but still criticising Plastique for not changing things up.

ALSO what's with Michelle praising Silky for her basic ass dress she wears EVERY SINGLE TIME but still giving Vanjie the whip. Ugh

Double standard GALORE of an episode.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Apr 19 2019, 01:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I was gagging over the lip sync/brook's reveal. SO f***ING GOOD!! Also can we also get some praise for Shuga's runway too, the bitch turned it heart.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 19 2019, 01:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I have so much to say so excuse the essay laugh.gif

EASILY the weakest Snatch Game win ever, I can see why Silky would maybe be high because you can see she was prepared and she took every chance she got so props to her but a win?? I'm just baffled as to how her being herself is so legendary and amazing yet Vanjie being herself is so bad and a miss?! I mean yeah Vanjie definitely missed in not really embodying Danielle, but it's just totally double standards to praise Silky so much for that and then tear Vanjie down for it. I at least laughed at Vanjie which is more than I can say for Akeria and Plastique who were just there.

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with TS Madison, but it feels off that somebody can win Snatch Game for being themselves. The whole point of Snatch Game is to realise a CHARACTER and bring it, which Nina did TWICE and it still isn't enough to win :') Silky's attitude was just awful this episode too, like she is just VILE giving all her resting bitch face looks when Nina was getting praised and god forbid it looks like she might have won. And her face when they both stayed!! She just cannot handle anyone else getting any form of positive comments, because only her boring ass paegant drag is valid of course..... I just don't know what dirt Silky must have on the judges, another boring samey runway, a performance as herself in a challenge about embodying a character, and they just eat it up... I really have a bad feeling she's going to win the whole thing, it feels similar to Monet in AS4 almost that they've just decided Silky is a front-runner no matter what and are inflating her record to match. Twitter HATES her and I'd hope that the show is aware so surely they can't hand her the win with that in mind, there would be so much backlash! I agree that as a winner, I'd probably rank her below Tyra. Ofc as a person, she isn't threatening people's lives at Dragcon but at least Tyra could pull off the looks and had a couple of surprises up her sleeve with her winning the country challenge for example and being able to make fun of herself with it. Silky hasn't pulled off anything on either the runway or in challenges we haven't seen coming a mile off, it's really frustrating that Vanjie is constantly getting read for that yet Silky is a "star" or whatever for the same.

Nina definitely should have won, I wasn't familiar with either character (I know of Harvey Firestein, but not a lot about him at all) but she did exactly what Jinkx said and took characters that the newer fans won't know and made them so hilarious that you had to love what she did. Shuga's Charo could have been a winner too if she just sprinkled it with a touch more crazy, because Charo is just SO out there you have to match that to embody her. Earlier rumours interestingly said she won Snatch Game. Her runway was STUNNING too, Brooke's coming after kind of overshadowed it but along with Yvie's dinosaur the other week I think that makes my top 3 looks of the season so far.

On the other end of the scale, Brooke REALLY missed it this week - she didn't even look like Celine laugh.gif I was gonna say it was the worst since Kenya Michaels' Beyonce but then I looked down the list and there have been a LOT that missed in the same way, so let's just say it was really really bad. Totally flat, not a single joke. That runway was possibly one of the best ever (hyperbole part 1 in this post) though, I was ASTONISHED. You have to give her credit, she knew she f***ed up one half of the week so she made sure she brought it with the outfit and reveal!! Yvie was also pretty bad, you could see she was trying to embody Whoopi but none of it hit. I guess like she said she just blanked and the whole EGOT thing was all she could think of, which was a shame because Whoopi is such a good choice of character, but then so is Celine.

But who cares, because that lipsync!! I thought you were all going to be hyping it up too much, but it's been a loooong while since I've been so gagged by a lipsync, I think that for sure has to be up there with the absolute best but in terms of them both absolutely going for it rather than just one killing it (Dida's Everlasting Love, Manila's Macarthur Park. Latrice's Natural Woman and Sasha's So Emotional), it's right up there with the likes of Tatiana and Alyssa's Shut Up And Drive. I completely agree there was just the right smattering of stunts, it's so easy to have too many and just throw them in but you can tell they just both really wanted to stay and because they matched each other on it it was just such an entertaining and fun lipsync, and like I said I haven't been that impressed by a lipsync in a long time in terms of how they both brought it.

+Quote this post
Adam
post Apr 19 2019, 02:12 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
Worst ever Snatch game followed by potentially the best ever lipsync... phew what a week!

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Apr 19 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
I mean to be fair you could say the same thing about the stank face Yvie had when Plastique won last week... most of it is all in the editing to make it seem like they all hate each other

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Apr 19 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(LMLou @ Apr 19 2019, 03:17 PM) *
I mean to be fair you could say the same thing about the stank face Yvie had when Plastique won last week... most of it is all in the editing to make it seem like they all hate each other

Yeah but Yvie is not even an inch of evil as much as Silky is!!!

Silky is evil, toxic, bad attitude, spiteful [insert everything else that is mean and ill spirited] and she seems to be always bothered by success of others.

Seriously, I am just confused how everyone in panel was praising her, and it seems I am not the only one who thought she was doing just herself in a challenge, as much as I don't know who TS Madison is?!!!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:11 AM