BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Trainwreck, Director: Judd Apatow| Amy Schumer
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Jul 21 2015, 11:41 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I watched the official trailer four days ago. It seems quite funny. Plus, the protagonist of the movie reminds me of an old friend. It had a pretty good openning weekend at the box office!

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Jul 21 2015, 11:41 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 21 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I have watched the trailer so many times, both at the cinema and at home out of choice, and I can't bloody wait!

+Quote this post
Riser
post Jul 22 2015, 03:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jul 21 2015, 08:00 AM) *
I have watched the trailer so many times, both at the cinema and at home out of choice, and I can't bloody wait!
Oh, that's kind of bad...I heard that most of the best moments in the movie were used in the trailer so that sort of spoils it, although I can't fully confirm that as I watched it without seeing the trailer. You'll enjoy it regardless I'm sure, especially with Amy Schumer being just incredible. The Lebron James segments were the biggest highlight for me--to be fair he's from the same area as me, but even still he's an impressive actor. I also enjoyed the assortment of people from SNL and the other celeb/athlete cameos. Best comedy I've seen in ages!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 22 2015, 07:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I'm watching this purely for Amy Schumer. She's my QUEEN.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 22 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
So excited for this, it looks so funny and I love Amy heart.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Jul 23 2015, 04:14 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
I saw this last week, it's hilarious.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 18 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(Riser @ Jul 22 2015, 04:11 AM) *
Oh, that's kind of bad...I heard that most of the best moments in the movie were used in the trailer so that sort of spoils it, although I can't fully confirm that as I watched it without seeing the trailer. You'll enjoy it regardless I'm sure, especially with Amy Schumer being just incredible. The Lebron James segments were the biggest highlight for me--to be fair he's from the same area as me, but even still he's an impressive actor. I also enjoyed the assortment of people from SNL and the other celeb/athlete cameos. Best comedy I've seen in ages!

I kinda disagree having seen it today. The trailer has a lot of great moments but I think there were plenty of other great moments that weren't in the trailer (the ass shots for a start tongue.gif!)

I really really enjoyed it, so many bits that made me laugh (her story about the condom getting stuck being one of them, also the cinema scene, the doll story to explain the divorce and Vanessa Bayer's smile). I did find the last third a bit heavy though, the combination of her dad dying & the fall-out, but I'd definitely go back and watch again.

Uptown Girl heart.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jan 6 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Trainwreck" is a romantic comedy that was released in my country in late July. I had seen the official trailer months ago and I immediately realized that the protagonist of the film seemed like just an old dear friend. So, it was one more reason to see it on the big screen! However, some facts which emerged in August, indicated that I would see this film directly to DVD. However, with my good luck, a multiplex chose it in the last week of August and so I found a chance to watch it on the large cinema screen!
"Trainwreck" is based on human relationships eliminating all taboos encountered in similar films of this genre. The central character of the story is Amy, a journalist working in a lighthearted magazine issue, who has found it difficult to have a stable relationship in her life. She changes her sexual partners frequently and considers it a normal part of life, following the advice of her father when she was very young. However, her boss will assign her an article that has to do with sports and her acquaintance with a successful sports doctor, will make her change her attitude towards life. "Trainwreck" has many funny scenes, unique quotes and dialogues are intelligent and well written. The protagonist of the film, Amy Schumer, is charismatic and without her participation, the film would not be as good. Moreover, she was the one who wrote the screenplay of the film. Judd Apatow undertook the directing and he was impressed by the talent of the protagonist! "Trainwreck" is a film that speaks with a very caustic way about modern human relations and certainly would be loved by open-minded people. Of course, there were two or three invalid scenes that could have been cut to the final cut, but in general, the movie was quite good. The interpretations of the actors were enjoyable, the guest appearances caused a great deal of laughter and Tilda Swinton was unrecognizable in her role!
"Trainwreck" is definitely one of the best comedies of last year! It exceeded $100.000.00 in the Box Office and it was considered one of the biggest hits of last summer! It is seen very pleasantly and Amy Schumer is very convincing in her role! I did not know about her before I went to see this film, but from here on, I will have in mind the films in which she will take part in the future. Personally, for me, it was a pleasant surprise of last year!

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Jan 6 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
^ it took me ages to recognise that it was tilda! this is easily my favourite film in years. tears of all the kind were shed. really excited for the jlaw/schumer project now

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 6 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #10
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Got this on DVD and still need to watch it, looks hilarious and heard nothing but great things about it heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 10 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Absolutely incredible heart.gif Amy Schumer was absolutely hilarious and goes straight into my top 5 best actress performances of the year despite the heavy competition, she was so funny and hilarious! The rest of the cast were excellent also, I loved Bill Hader, Brie Larson was great & Tilda Swinton was unrecognisable and fantastic! The plot and script were so good and there were so many fantastic scenes including The end scene with the cheerleader dance, the sleeping with the 16 year old and the cinema scene/cinema movie playing.

Just terrific and straight into my top 10 for the year wub.gif
10/10

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:23 PM