BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | UK vs. the World | Season 2, 9th February 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 14th January 2024, 02:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

The queens of UK vs. the World Season 2 have finally been announced! cheer.gif Just under a month to wait now to see some international favourites grace the main stage once more, and hopefully this time UKVTW goes down a bit better than last time kink.gif

Arantxa Castilla-La Mancha (ES)
Choriza May (UK)
Gothy Kendoll (UK)
Hannah Conda (AU)
Jonbers Blonde (UK)
Keta Minaj (HO)
La Grande Dame (FR)
Marina Summers (PH)
Mayhem Miller (US)
Scarlet Envy (US)
Tia Kofi (UK)

What we thinking? cool2.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 14th January 2024, 06:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

TIA.
KOFI.

That’s all. One of my top Drag Race queens ever, purely for their entertainment. I don’t care about the fashion but if it has improved since S2, I think she could be a runaway winner.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th January 2024, 08:25 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Scarlet Envy is one of my all time faves, really hoping she does well here, she got done dirty on her two series imo sad.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th January 2024, 12:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I’m so hyped to see La Grande Dame, Marina and Keta out of all of these, all three are amazing and really deserve this chance to be on a more widely watched English season. Keta on Holland 2 is probably the most truly robbed queen of all time! Actually a stacked cast overall tbh, I think other than one or two weak choices, it’s going to be hard seeing any of them and I think it’s going to be a tough competition. Certainly should be better than season 1, but that isn’t at all difficult laugh.gif

I think Marina could be a mini Pangina in terms of breaking out from this season and getting loads of opportunities, she’s so fan fave coded.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 15th January 2024, 06:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I'm actuslly most intrigued for the early outs on the cast so Arantxa, Gothy and to an extent Scarlet. Also hope that Choriza manages some iconic moments.

Surely it's between Marina and Tia for the win though!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 16th January 2024, 03:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Justice for Scarlet. Finally!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 9th February 2024, 02:18 AM
Post #7
Group icon

Starting tonight! The entrances are out on social media

+Quote this post
Calum
post 9th February 2024, 10:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
nabad

That was such a strong first episode - loved it! heart.gif

Based on critiques, Scarlet really should have been in the bottom with Mayhem, stinks of Ru hoping they were just gonna send Gothy packing so there were still US queens in the game.

The international queens are giving me life. Seems like it'll be no different to UKVTW1 where I much preferred them to the UK/US queens. laugh.gif I am however so happy to have Jonbers back on my screen, icon x

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 9th February 2024, 10:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Mayhem forgetting the words to a 1 minute guided meditation and bursting out laughing at herself is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on Drag Race, so f***ing camp rotf.gif

La Grande Dame is my fave so far as I thought, I just love that she is such a composed cunty fashion queen but at a split second she will just bring out the most goofy wtf shit you’ve ever seen and have you bursting out laughing, that talent show was so bizarre but genius. Marina obviously killed it too, she’s the best performer on this cast and absolutely murdered both her talent show number and the lipsync. Arantxa should have been high for me over Choriza too, and she is such a delight, I’m surprised as I kind of thought she’d be a quiet non presence but she really stood out for me in the confessionals, come on narrator of the season!

Honestly the UK girls gave NOTHING in that talent show bar Choriza, Tia had probably the best runway though (imagine going back in time and telling someone that during UK2 laugh.gif). Scarlet could have been safe tbh, it wasn’t great but I see what she was going for. They really haven’t cast the UK girls that well other than Tia and I wasn’t really a Tia fan first time around either but I enjoyed her a lot more this episode.

That was kind of a fever dream of a talent show and half these girls are so unserious and don’t give a f*** but I kind of live for that vibe for this season, very promising start.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th February 2024, 05:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon

LGD is incredible, I neeeeed to watch her season.

This UK selection of queens is definitely a choice lmao. Hopefully one of the ‘international’ queens wins this time because they are already slaying a lot harder than UK/US ones.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 14th February 2024, 05:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

arantxa and jonbers stan account incoming

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 15th February 2024, 01:01 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I will never understand Jonbers hype, she's just annoying and I don't really know where the talent is meant to lie? sad.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 15th February 2024, 01:47 PM
Post #13
Group icon

She feels like a diversity hire lol

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th February 2024, 10:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

La Grande Dame is on another level to anyone on this season, she is out of this world!!!

I would arguably have had Marina as the second top again tbh, but Keta did really well and her design look was second next to Marina for me. Tia could have been a second high too imo, can’t believe that sentence is being typed but she had a solid storyline and look and a poignant tribute to Cherry heart.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2024, 10:36 PM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad

La Grande Dame cheeseblock.png honestly so amazing, and that second look!! (Michelle, gtf)

Otherwise though... meh. Sad to see Arantxa go. That episode was really good (and this season is already MILES ahead of UKVTW1) until we got to the critiques/elimination. Arantxa probably deserved to be low as her looks weren't exactly mindblowing, but I think Graham probably swayed it with him claiming not to recognise the Mean Girls reference until it was too late. So really we've got queens in the bottom going home here because an out-of-touch 60 year old didn't pick up on a modern pop culture reference. manson.gif

Choriza's outfits looked pretty tacky all round to me tonight (her Eleganza in particular was not it), as did Hannah's so feel it should have been those two in the bottom. I feel LGD probably had to play it smart and keep Choriza so the 'UK alliance' didn't come after her for getting rid of one of them, because there wasn't much of a difference in critiques for that bottom two I don't think?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th February 2024, 10:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Also Scarlet should have been sent home on the spot for that first look to save Arantxa x

+Quote this post
post 16th February 2024, 11:30 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Scarlet should be have been in the top 3 for the look she made imo.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 17th February 2024, 12:59 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

QUOTE(365 @ Feb 16 2024, 11:30 PM) *
Scarlet should be have been in the top 3 for the look she made imo.

Her first look wasn't good in the slightest, so her safe placement was deserved.

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 17th February 2024, 02:54 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

Although I’ve enjoyed her a lot so far and think she’s a frontrunner, I genuinely can’t tell what the judges were finding so hysterical about LGD’s lipsync and i’ve rewatched it twice *shrug*. I’d have probably put Tia in the top for this episode as I enjoyed all three of her looks. LGD’s Alien runway was my favourite of the night. I’m not too fussed on losing either Arantxa or Choriza at this stage, as they’ve both pretty equal in my estimations so far.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th February 2024, 06:18 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Marina and LGD are slaying so f***ing hard, especially LGD (W O W). This is France & Philippines vs The World at this point. Watch one of them get Pangina'd later on and then we'll be left with a mediocre cast of UK queens lmao

Really sad to see Arantxa go, she's way too funny and likeable to get rid of this early. Jonbers and Choriza came across really well in their original seasons but are now completely up their own arse, they are my least favourites of the cast. Jonbers being so annoyed by having 3 votes as the neediest queen was really cringe. I DIED when Marina said she didn't even win that one.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:22 AM