BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Selena Gomez - Rare, 3rd album // 10th January
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 14th August 2017, 03:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I don't think there was an album thread yet, but a tracklist and release date has suppsedly leaked - it's coming 3rd November apparently!

Tracklist:
Mexico
Fetish (ft. Gucci Mane)
Talking To Myself
Bad Liar
Love Story (ft. AlunaGeorge)
Reflecting
Pose (Interlude)
Kinda Crazy
Higher Or Heaven
Prisoner (ft. FKA Twigs)
That's Why I love You
I Don't Know
Scream

It Ain't Me (with Kygo) (deluxe)
Touch (deluxe)
How Does It Feel (deluxe)

Inconsistent (International/Target)
Paranoid (International/target)

FKA TWIGS COLLAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is true, not too long to wait for the album either. Easily my most hyped release of the year alongside Taylor Swift.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 14th August 2017, 04:51 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

AlunaGeorge though. wub.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th August 2017, 07:03 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

This looks so fake idk why laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th August 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Intrigued for the AlunaGeorge collab ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Adelina555
post 14th August 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 34,634

This should be really interesting. I will follow)

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 14th September 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

So I don't imagine this is coming soon BUT she is going to be promoting again, she's posted about her Lupus on Instagram and shared that she needed a kidney transplant over the summer sad.gif

QUOTE(@selenagomez)
I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery. And finally, there aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis. Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made. For more information regarding Lupus please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org/ -by grace through faith

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZBHr4Pg5Wd/

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th September 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Aww there's us thinking she's just being lazy, glad she's getting better now <3 I'd rather wait for the album and her have her health obv.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 14th September 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I mean shes been lazy her entire careeer, so whats the shock there.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 14th September 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon

From Billboard in 2015:

“I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke," Gomez says of her time spent out of the spotlight, which gossip-mongers took as fodder for addiction rumors. “I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re assholes.' I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again.”

Please don't be ableist.

This post has been edited by THEO.: 14th September 2017, 01:55 PM

+Quote this post
mutucan
post 16th September 2017, 02:57 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 39,538

i hope she feels better soon...
and i also hope she puts Feel Me on the album too tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 25th September 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

A new song from her with Marshmello is expected to be out very soon according to a tweet from the latter.

From Twitter:
Coming very very soon!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 25th September 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #12
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

OMG MARSHMELLO I'm deceased

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 4th September 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #13
Group icon

She did an interview with Elle Magazine and played them some songs from the new album:

Our time is nearly up, and Gomez is due at the recording studio shortly, where she’s putting the finishing touches on her album. She’s been releasing singles slowly—including “Back to You,” from the second season of Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why, on which she also serves as an executive producer. No inspirational trips to Mexico were necessary, she says, just patience.

We’d initially planned on going to the recording studio together, but her management team nixed the idea, feeling it was too soon to share it. But Gomez can’t help herself. She says the music is different from anything she’s done before—immediately acknowledging that’s something artists always say but rarely deliver on. She calls the new music “funky.” “They’ll probably kill me,” she says, before telling her security guard to pump up the volume and hitting Play on a new track.

A thumping bass line kicks in. There’s Selena’s voice, sounding confident; the track feels more like Prince than something from the girl who cooed, “Come and get it.”

“See!” she says. She wants to prove the music is a departure, and it definitely is, but there’s more to it, I think. She hasn’t wanted to talk about her love life today—or ever before, really. And she certainly won’t comment directly on Bieber and Baldwin’s whirlwind engagement (they, too, are affiliated with Hillsong). Like her famous friend Taylor Swift, who saves her vitriol for her lyrics, it seems Gomez also wants to let the music tell you precisely where her heart is.

I have to jot down notes quickly. She sings about cutting a man out of her life after “1,460 days” and “cleaning my slate.” “Without you,” she sings, “I don’t overthink it.” The hook goes something like this: “I’m drunk and I might as well tell you, Get you ooh ooh ooh out of my head now.”

She can’t help but sing along, looking happier and more relaxed than she has all day, and certainly more so than when we’d met previously. The song ends, and she hits Play on a second track—which also addresses her independence, this time from a man who doesn’t respect her. “Were my ambitions too high?” she sings, declaring: “Baby, you’re so distant. Why don’t you recognize I’m so rare?”

She tells me about a song on the album called “Flawless” (yes, the same title as Beyoncé’s hit track). “Meaning through all your imperfections, you’re flawless. You’re not striving. It’s me encouraging a younger version of myself. Even when you’re imperfect, even when you’re feeling worthless, you are flawless. It’s a song I’m going to sing for the rest of my life.”

Full interview.

I can't wait to hear these, especially "Flawless"! "Back to You" feels like it came and went literal years ago - hopefully the proper lead single is released soon and she can finally put the album that we deserve out.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 4th September 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #14
Group icon

I'm interested to see what she was talking about; it kinda sounded like she was describing Bad Liar part 2!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 4th September 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

I still regularly listen to "Back to You" - it was massive for me over the summer wub.gif

Can't wait for her new stuff tho!

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 17th October 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Teasers have begun.

+Quote this post
John-James
post 17th October 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665

Finally

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 18th October 2019, 04:55 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She's going to release two tracks next week. The first single is called "Lose You To Love Me" and the second song, still TBA, will be released after that, pulling a similar release like Shawn Mendes ("In My Blood" and "Lost In Japan"). Apparently, the release date of both songs are 22/10 and 23/10. The album will be out early next year.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 18th October 2019, 05:40 AM
Post #19
Group icon

AT F*CKING LAST

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 24th October 2019, 04:25 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

"Look At Her Now", the second song, is available now.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:01 AM