BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> On Your Radar - 5 Years On
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post Dec 2 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

On Your Radar was released 5 years ago. (I expected the mods to do something like this seeing as it is arguably their best album... But 0 seem to be active) How is the album for you 5 years on? When was the last time you listened to it? What would you change? (Singles, tracklists, the inclusion of 30 Days?)

Discuss

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Dec 2 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
All Fired Up is simply a massive tune dancing.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Dec 2 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I have just had a listen back for the first time in AGES. All Fired Up and My Heart Takes Over still sound incredible. Notorious was skipped because I have never been massive on it and find it very overrated. Last Call, White Lies and Wish I Didn't Know are still incredible and all 3 remind me of winter. Mollie's vocals are shocking on I Say Ok, but I think it is agreed that none of us really like that song anyway. It is definitely On Your Radar's Problem With Love.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 3 2016, 02:27 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
Well... I pretty much just raped the replay button with All Fired Up tonight, gave Notorious a couple of spins also.

+Quote this post
DiamondHeart
post Dec 3 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,698
Still their best album. Honestly a criminally underrated girlgroup album! Such great tracks: Notorious, All Fired Up, Faster, Get Ready Get Set, White Lies, Move on You, For Myself, Where My Heart Takes Over and especially Last Call

This post has been edited by DiamondHeart: Dec 9 2016, 04:34 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 3 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
This was when they peaked for me. Their best album by a MILE. It's aged so well and there are so many highlights! Where they screwed up was the release strategy:

1. Notorious (conventional release, the UK didn't take to OA/OS so well)
2. All Fired Up (as it was)
-- ALBUM RELEASE -- (although it wasn't finished by this point was it?)
3. Faster (impacting towards the end of the year, into January)
4. Get Ready, Get Set (March/April)

^ much better! The album would've peaked higher in September than it did in November also.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Dec 4 2016, 01:30 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Joseph has it spot on - All Fired Up should have been the single before the album. My Heart Takes Over is easily my favourite ballad of theirs but the album coming off the back of it.... huh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 4 2016, 02:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I still think 'My Heart Takes Over' was the right song choice to sell the album, tbh. But I think people over estimated their star power at that point and thought they'd easily get a huge album off the back of it, in Q4. I agree that, in hindsight, it should have been released about September or delayed until end of Jan/beg Feb ('Secret Love Song' style). I think they messed up, promo wise with MHTO. Had they promoted it like a lot of their past singles, it would've played a bigger part, too. Didn't they only do CiN and Xtra Factor?

My absolute favourite album of theirs! 'White Lies' is one of my all time fave girl band songs and just a massive, pure pop banger! 'My Heart Takes Over' is my 2nd favourite single of theirs, by a distance. 'Faster', 'Do What You Want With Me', 'Get Ready, Get Set' were all potential singles.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 6 2016, 01:38 AM
Post #9
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Dec 4 2016, 02:51 PM) *
I still think 'My Heart Takes Over' was the right song choice to sell the album, tbh. But I think people over estimated their star power at that point and thought they'd easily get a huge album off the back of it, in Q4. I agree that, in hindsight, it should have been released about September or delayed until end of Jan/beg Feb ('Secret Love Song' style). I think they messed up, promo wise with MHTO. Had they promoted it like a lot of their past singles, it would've played a bigger part, too. Didn't they only do CiN and Xtra Factor?

My absolute favourite album of theirs! 'White Lies' is one of my all time fave girl band songs and just a massive, pure pop banger! 'My Heart Takes Over' is my 2nd favourite single of theirs, by a distance. 'Faster', 'Do What You Want With Me', 'Get Ready, Get Set' were all potential singles.

I fully agree, I think 'My Heart Takes Over' was a brilliant lead single, I still get disappointed at how much it underperformed. I remember reading that The Saturdays' were relying a lot on an X Factor performance with this single and they were replaced two days before the quarter finals with a pre-recorded Justin Bieber performance?

+Quote this post
Neil
post Dec 6 2016, 08:08 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
Move On U <3 Faster <3 White Lies <3

Damn I still love this album so much.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Dec 8 2016, 02:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
I still listen to the album regularly. White Lies and Move On U have aged the best for me. Notorious, All Fired Up, Faster, and Get Ready, Get Set have held up as well. I don't revisit the other tracks as much but I still enjoy them all to an extent.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 10 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Julian Nial
I remember them being replaced on X Factor I was so annoyed. That would have really helped push MHTO and The Album

+Quote this post
post Dec 12 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I really don't see anything in My Heart Takes over at all, I don't think it should have launched the album at all. It never connected with me and didn't the public either, despite 3 weeks on the R1 A list and promo. I think Notorious did need a conventional release, it's one of their higher sellers despite it's messy release and odd chart run.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Dec 13 2016, 10:04 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
White Lies was probably their best ever album track for me, I saw them live around this time too for the only time ever...I won tickets on Twitter!

Overall I preferred the Headlines era though.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Dec 13 2016, 01:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
By far their best album. I'm still FURIOUS they left 'White Lies' off the tour setlist though.

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 3 2016, 06:24 PM) *
This was when they peaked for me. Their best album by a MILE. It's aged so well and there are so many highlights! Where they screwed up was the release strategy:

1. Notorious (conventional release, the UK didn't take to OA/OS so well)
2. All Fired Up (as it was)
-- ALBUM RELEASE -- (although it wasn't finished by this point was it?)
3. Faster (impacting towards the end of the year, into January)
4. Get Ready, Get Set (March/April)

^ much better! The album would've peaked higher in September than it did in November also.

I agree with this but I'd have chucked out the Rockstone Mix of 'My Heart Takes Over' mix as the 4th single and pushed back 'Get Ready Get Set' to early summer.

+Quote this post
DiamondHeart
post Dec 13 2016, 08:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,698
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 13 2016, 11:04 AM) *
White Lies was probably their best ever album track for me, I saw them live around this time too for the only time ever...I won tickets on Twitter!

Overall I preferred the Headlines era though.

Completley agree, Last Call and White Lies always stand out as their best tracks to me so it's a mystery why they never received single treatment. Ideal singles run:

01. Notorious (2011 May)
02. White Lies (2011 July)
03. All Fired Up (2011 September)
-ALBUM RELEASE-
04. Last Call (2011 November)
05. Faster (2012 February)

Also, I often wonder if they weren't replaced on the X Factor, would the album have sold more and therefore given us a fourth single? ...possibly but we'll never know now. Although I do agree WMHTO didn't need to be a single, as nice as it was, it borderlined on basic.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 14 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Julian Nial
QUOTE(DiamondHeart @ Dec 13 2016, 08:18 PM) *
01. Notorious (2011 May)
02. White Lies (2011 July)
03. All Fired Up (2011 September)
-ALBUM RELEASE-
04. Last Call (2011 November)
05. Faster (2012 February)

I never considered this as a release strategy, but it's amazing, I love it, White Lies would have done great as a pre album single! But I don't know if I would have prefered GRGS as 5th single maybe.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jan 13 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Julian Nial
...Although saying that having a Get Ready, Get Set video in like a neon gym, with the girls spinning, similar to the Side to Side video would have been amazing. Or they could have even done something with race cars.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:45 AM