BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fehér isten/White God, A groundbreaking movie with dogs!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Jan 16 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"White God" is an European film that was released in my city's cinemas one month ago. It was originally screened in the last Cannes Film Festival, it received very good reviews and it won the "Prize Un Certain Regard". It was the formal submission for Hungary for the upcoming Oscars for the "Best Foreign Language Film" category. I totally believe that it was proposed because it's one of the most shocking stories I've ever seen on the big screen!
"White God" is based on a young girl's love for her dog, Hagen, and the reactions that they face from society in order to have it along with her in her father's house. The latter refuses to keep it in his apartment after police imposed a fine and so he abandons Hagen in the streets of Budapest. This event starts an entire race for survival for Hagen after facing violence and exploitation of people, in order to make money from it and to feel that they exercise authority over it. However, young Lily tries to find Hagen by herself, risking her own life after crossing the dangerous alleys and streets at night with her bike. The Hungarian Kornel Mundruczo not only wrote the film script but he took over the directing. He uses this story with allegorical significance because he wanted to emphasize about xenophobia and negative attitude of people to anything different from them. The film has some very powerful moments that will cause you emotional distress and is definitely one of the most sensitive stories of the last decade. It has a very interesting scenario, well-written dialogues and very good performances. The young actress was convincing with her role and her performance was charismatic as Lili. The film also has an amazing soundtrack, that combined with some scenes, will bring tears to your eyes. Just in the theater we went, the audience used their tissues during the intermission and after the end of the film. I believe that anyone who has a dog or they had one before, there is no way not to come out crying from this movie.
"White God" is definitely one of the best films of the last year! Unfortunately, it didn't manage to be one of the nine movies that made January shortlist of the upcoming Oscars. However, it is one of the movies which will have a large fanbase over the years and will be discussed by several groups of people. Dog lovers will love this movie. The same happened with "Hachi: A Dog's Tale". However, it's score on IMDb is totally unfair since it has received a 7.0 so far, quite a low score for this movie. At least, it should have had a 8.5, not only for strong emotions provoking but also for the social messages that it wants to convey to you. I highly recommend it to everyone!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:16 PM