BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BBC Children in Need 2015, No Terry but Jess, Ellie, Selena, Years & Years, Nuhdeen performin
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 12th November 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Sir Terry Wogan will be joined by Tess Daly, Fearne Cotton, Rochelle Humes and Nick Grimshaw as they return to host the Appeal Show extravaganza.

In one of the stand out moments on the night, Sir Bruce Forsyth will return to Strictly Come Dancing alongside Tess Daly. This year, hit BBC One show Call the Midwife will get a glittering Strictly makeover as four of its stars take to the dancefloor. Jenny Agutter, Laura Main, Stephen McGann and Jack Ashton will go head-to-head in a bid to win the Pudsey Glitter Ball trophy.

There will be lots of laughs and comedy on the night, a highlight of which will be Harry Hill, who in a one-off special will take viewers on a whirlwind tour of the history of TV in his own inimitable style.

Multi award winning songstress Ellie Goulding will be live in the studio with an exclusive performance of her forthcoming single ‘Army’ whilst music legend Rod Stewart will treat the audience to a performance of his new song ‘Way Back Home’. Megastar pop princess Selena Gomez will also be performing her track ‘Same Old Love’.

Later in the evening chart topping band Years & Years will take to the stage singing their song ‘Eyes Shut’, whilst in the meeting of two of the biggest pop bands in UK history, Westlife and Girls Aloud – Shane Filan and Nadine Coyle will perform their duet ‘I Could Be’ for the first time on UK television.

However, musical delight isn’t just confined to the studio. Throughout the evening the show will take a trip to Walford and visit The Queen Vic where Shane Richie will play host to a house band with a special guest lead vocalist…

Leaving Albert Square behind them, the EastEnders cast will showcase themselves as you’ve never seen them before in a high octane, glamorous performance.

Across the country everybody is getting involved to raise money - none more so than the Children’s Choir, who will be performing live on the night. Over 1500 children across ten different UK locations will be coming together to sing in unison for Pudsey.

There will also be musical performances from the West End cast of Beautiful, Kinky Boots and Bend It Like Beckham.

Sir Terry Wogan, BBC Children in Need Life President, says: “It was my privilege to present the very first BBC Children in Need in 1980 and it remains a privilege and a pleasure to reflect the extraordinary generosity of the British public. For that's what BBC Children in Need has truly become: the People's Charity. Their pounds, shillings and pence, given so generously, have amounted to an extraordinary total so far of £790 million! You can imagine the difference that has made to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. The past couple of years have produced record-breaking totals on the big night, and it’s fingers crossed for another magnificent response from the British public. Tess, Fearne, Nick, Rochelle and I are looking forward to a mind-blowing evening of great entertainment on behalf of a great charity."

This year BBC Children in Need is set to join forces with Lucasfilm and Disney for a one-off special.

In an exclusive Star Wars inspired sketch, R2-D2 and C-3PO will be joined by Warwick Davis as they attempt to find a worthy winner to help trigger the first BBC Children in Need totaliser of the night. It’s an important task and Warwick is determined not to be side-tracked by the many famous friends in his path who are vying for this coveted role.

Shane Richie will reprise his role as host of the BBC Two Children in Need Appeal show at The Queen Vic. He will be joined by a whole host of famous faces as they pop into the Queen Vic to join in the fun.

Shane said: “It is such an honour to be back behind bar at The Queen Vic once again hosting for Children in Need. We have some wonderful guests lined up this year with some great surprises and it is set to be a very special night.”

Not only will Shane host the BBC Two segment, he will also be performing on the night alongside Bonnie Langford and Richard Blackwood as they lead a 30 strong EastEnders cast in a special Top Hat musical dance performance for BBC Children in Need. In full vintage Hollywood glamour, cast members including Gillian Taylforth, Lorna Fitzgerald, Shona McGarty and Tameka Empson will perform live in the BBC Children in Need studios on Appeal night.

As well as some surprises on the night in the Queen Vic, the audience will be entertained by Strictly swinging sensation Peter Andre and his band. Performing ‘Come Fly With Me’, Peter said, “BBC Children in Need is a charity very close to my heart. I have seen first-hand how money raised makes a difference so am calling on people across the UK get fundraising to help make this Appeal the best yet. And please don’t forget to tune in on Friday 1; it is going to be a really great night!”

Performers:
  • Jess Glynne - Take Me Home
  • Ellie Goulding - Army
  • Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
  • Years & Years - Eyes Shu
  • Rod Stewart - Way Back Home
  • Shane Filan & Nadine Coyle - I Could Be
  • James Morrison & Sir Tom Jones
  • 5 Seconds of Summer
  • Peter Andre - Come Fly With Me

For the first time ever, the show will not be presented by Terry Wogan who has had to pull out due to health issues.

The fundraising event airs at 7:30 on Friday.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 12th November 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Can't believe Selena's performing that shite song on her highest UK performance cry.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 12th November 2015, 11:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I thought the Nadine and Shane collab had been and gone aaages ago. Still won't take off but could possibly sneak a Top 100 placing.

Looking forward to Y&Y perform and kinda towards Jess; she can be a bit iffy when singing live and a ballad like this might be out of her depth.

+Quote this post
richie
post 13th November 2015, 10:20 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

QUOTE(Froot. @ Nov 12 2015, 10:18 PM) *
Performers:
  • Jess Glynne - Take Me Home
  • Ellie Goulding - Army
  • Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
  • Years & Years - Eyes Shut
  • Rod Stewart - Way Back Home
  • Shane Filan & Nadine Coyle - I Could Be
  • Peter Andre - Come Fly With Me

Great - that's my coffee breaks sorted then.

+Quote this post
post 13th November 2015, 10:32 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

iTunes also have James Morrison and Little Mix listed as performers, too.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 13th November 2015, 10:44 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Oh I am glad Nuhdeen is on this. I hope they spend an inappropriate amount of time talking to her, her accent will surely be the funniest thing of the night. Though now that SIR TEL has shuffled off (surely if it works well this time, he'll be ''reduced'' from now on) it will also be approximately 18 times funnier. Now for Fearne Cotton to be taken ill by being unable to remain cool enough to function.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 13th November 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Dermot O'Leary has been confirmed to be stepping in to replace Terry.

+Quote this post
post 13th November 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

5SOS are also performing, as announced on Twitter.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 13th November 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

QUOTE(Froot. @ Nov 13 2015, 11:13 AM) *
Dermot O'Leary has been confirmed to be stepping in to replace Terry.

OF COURSE HE IS

dry.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th November 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Nuhdeen getting to perform! Excited, she should ditch Shane and sing Unsayshable instead wink.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th November 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

If only Selegend had a promo slot like this for Good For You sad.gif Hopefullt the boost can send Same Old Love top 40 anyway.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th November 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I thought Ellie Goulding was fantastic tonight, way better than when she was on X-Factor wub.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 13th November 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Ellie was fantastic! Such a good performance.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th November 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

My highlight was Gillian Taylforth and her MANNEQUIN-esque lack of dancing ability.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 14th November 2015, 12:25 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

omg i missed eastenders! what did they do?

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th November 2015, 12:27 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

They did a dance routine, which was actually pretty impressive. Bar Gillian.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 14th November 2015, 12:32 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise

Just saw on DS and your right, she really cant dance laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 14th November 2015, 12:32 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise

She kind of reminded me of Madonna trying her best.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th November 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Madonna's a great dancer! Or at least, she used to be.

+Quote this post
post 14th November 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

7.7m for children in need last night lowest rating since 2006.

I'm assuming what was going on in Paris had an effect. Still generally big ratings in the grand scheme of things.

This post has been edited by Joe.: 14th November 2015, 11:02 AM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:45 PM