BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fear The Walking Dead | Season 1, August 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 30th March 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Hotly anticipated coming to our TV screens this summer

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-...~p8q591G6kBJIJx

18 second clip on the above link.

Cast: Gone Girl and House of Cards actress Kim Dickens leads the cast as a survivor named Nancy Tomkins, alongside Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam-Carey (The 100), who will play other members of her family.

Fear the Walking Dead has already received a two-season commitment from AMC and will premiere globally within 24 hours of its US debut.

w00t.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th June 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Looking forward to seeing this, obviously just down to TWD connection. Hopefully it is a no holds barred affair! Looking forward to seeing it all tie in to the main series.

Premieres in AUGUST.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 24th June 2015, 06:32 AM
Post #3
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Only six episodes cry.gif Kind of wish it would run the entire summer so that I wouldn't miss TWD so much, but 6 weeks is better than nothing, I guess.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 21st August 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Starts on Sunday, looking forward to this biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 21st August 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Looking forward to this, when is UK getting it.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 21st August 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Aug 21 2015, 12:53 PM) *
Looking forward to this, when is UK getting it.

on digital spy it says
Fear the Walking Dead will premiere on AMC in the US on Sunday (August 23) at 9pm ET. It will arrive in the UK on AMC from BT at 9pm on August 31.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 21st August 2015, 12:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(troublepink @ Aug 21 2015, 01:00 PM) *
on digital spy it says

I thought it be available on Sky channels, looks like I might have to stream it, or wait for the DVD.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 22nd August 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

I'm excited for a fresh take on TWD. The original series has gotten really stale. From what I've read FTWD should be a lot more high energy.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 23rd August 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE((Zach) @ Aug 22 2015, 03:47 PM) *
I'm excited for a fresh take on TWD. The original series has gotten really stale. From what I've read FTWD should be a lot more high energy.

I just think it will be good to see the show from a different perspective.

Looking forward to watching this.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 25th August 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #10
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Nice pilot. Interesting to see how tension mounts throughout the entire episode. As expected, a zombie outbreak will not start overnight laugh.gif I'm just not sure why Cal woke up after just getting shot. If he was bit before he technically died and then came back to life as a zombie then there would be blood but there was nothing near the car.

I do not like the mother's character (and the actress. SO dull) AT ALL so it's nice to see her get bit yay!

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 25th August 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

I thought it was pretty good, read some mixed reviews about it, some pointing out that it was slow to start off with but I didn't expect the first episode to be full of zombies. Unsure of the characters yet, while there aren't really any that I dislike, there is also none that really stand out to me. Look forward to the second episode biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 25th August 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Henderella @ Aug 25 2015, 12:34 PM) *
Nice pilot. Interesting to see how tension mounts throughout the entire episode. As expected, a zombie outbreak will not start overnight laugh.gif I'm just not sure why Cal woke up after just getting shot. If he was bit before he technically died and then came back to life as a zombie then there would be blood but there was nothing near the car.

I do not like the mother's character (and the actress. SO dull) AT ALL so it's nice to see her get bit yay!

I don't think the mother got bit, or at least if she did she's got dying until the end of the season.

I thought it was good, a very slow burner, but good nethertheless. One thing I think that will frustrate me, is we all know how the virus works, but the characters don't! I just want to shout at my screen!! But it's obviously inevitable at some stage one of them will get bitten/attacked and then we'll see them turn.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th August 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #13
Group icon

I enjoyed it enough, too. It really is going to be infuriating though, as Rooney said! Not too sure on the main characters right now, but I do love how tonally different this is compared to the original series. I think I like it and it suits the city life a whole lot more.

Looking forward to seeing which characters really breakthrough and develop in terms of being "badass" and surviving.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 26th August 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 26 2015, 05:05 PM) *
I enjoyed it enough, too. It really is going to be infuriating though, as Rooney said! Not too sure on the main characters right now, but I do love how tonally different this is compared to the original series. I think I like it and it suits the city life a whole lot more.

Looking forward to seeing which characters really breakthrough and develop in terms of being "badass" and surviving.

Looking from the cast list, I think we're yet to meet a couple of characters, but the core group will obviously be the family, and the step-dad's family as well. I agree about the character's as well, but I think the drug-addicted son will be the breakout.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #15
Group icon

SHATTERS RATINGS RECORDS!!

Having solidly taken the top cable debut spot with its first round of ratings, it’s no surprise that Fear The Walking Dead has now ripped apart the previous Live+3 records. With DVR numbers now in, the August 23 premiere of The Walking Dead spinoff had 13.3 million total viewers and 8.5 million adults 18-49. That jumps it ahead of AMC’s other recent successful and previous record holding spinoff Better Call Saul in the key categories and seals FearTWD as the summer’s top cable offering.

Compared to its Live+Same Day numbers, the urban zombie apocalypse series from showrunner Dave Erickson was up 32% in viewers and 36% in 18-49s. The Live+3 results for Better Call Saul were 9.8 million viewers and 6.1 million 18-49s, up 42% and 40%, respectively from its already very impressive Live + SD numbers using The Walking Dead‘s Season 5 midseason return as its lead-in that February 8.

The Walking Dead’s October 31, 2010 debut had a hefty 4.255 million in adults 18-49 in Live+3 ratings. To add some further, and perhaps humbling perspective, the Season 5 debut of TWD last fall had a cable record busting 22.372 million total viewers and 14.523 million in the 18-49 demo in its Live+3 results. The mothership show returns for its Season 6 premiere on October 11.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd September 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

How good was episode 2? Much better than the opener.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd September 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Yeah. I'm really liking it atm too. I kinda didn't want to like it as I didn't want to be seen as one of those fanboys who likes everything related to a certain show or whatever, but I can't help it! It's very different to TWD, but is still typically TWD at the same time. Some good development of the characters, particularly the brother and sister! Their chemistry together is brilliant!

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 3rd September 2015, 02:34 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

I'm loving this as well. Both episodes have been solid, although I'm sort of struggling with how unlikable the characters are. It's pretty bad when the drug addict son is my favorite. Also, I loathe Cliff's ex-wife and son. They are both incredibly annoying and I was hoping they'd get eaten (oops), especially during the riot.

Speaking of the riot, how eerie was that scene? I can't remember the last time a TV show affected me like that.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 3rd September 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

QUOTE((Zach) @ Sep 3 2015, 03:34 AM) *
Also, I loathe Cliff's ex-wife and son. They are both incredibly annoying and I was hoping they'd get eaten (oops), especially during the riot.

They've barely been in it laugh.gif

Second episode was really good! Can't wait for the third!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 3rd September 2015, 04:55 PM
Post #20
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE((Zach) @ Sep 3 2015, 03:34 AM) *
I'm loving this as well. Both episodes have been solid, although I'm sort of struggling with how unlikable the characters are. It's pretty bad when the drug addict son is my favorite. Also, I loathe Cliff's ex-wife and son. They are both incredibly annoying and I was hoping they'd get eaten (oops), especially during the riot.

Speaking of the riot, how eerie was that scene? I can't remember the last time a TV show affected me like that.

I think the drug addict son is the one we'e meant to "root" for. I think Cliff's ex-wife and son are meant to be obnoxious (and if anyone is going to get bumped off in this season, surely those two are likely to be the biggest candidates).

I quite liked the kid who obviously watched lots of zombie films, but it showed how people don't know how to kill them yet as with his weak attempt to kill the principal! But not sure we'll see him again now.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:42 AM