BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Awaiting' | 2015, Thriller starring Tony Curran, Diana Vickers & Rupert Hill
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 4th September 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Awaiting is an upcoming psychological thriller movie directed by Mark Murphy and has recently been filmed in East Yorkshire. The three starring roles are played by Tony Curran (Gladiator, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, 24), Diana Vickers (X Factor Semi-Finalist) and Rupert Hill (Coronation Street). An interview with the director can be read here.

"Morris is a recluse with psychotic tendencies, whose life changes when his innocent daughter Lauren rescues one of his victims and befriends him. Jake, an ordinary businessman, soon realises that he is stranded and his presence in the house gradually reveals unexpected and dark mysteries from the past."

The film has since entered post-production and the first trailer has just been released. If you don't like violent scenes then don't watch!

Trailer on Vimeo

I'm not a hardcore movies fan but I do watch them from time to time and when I see a film trailer starring the amazingly talented Diana Vickers, that definitely gets my attention! I can't say I've ever watched a psychological thriller before, but the trailer has totally grabbed my attention.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 7th September 2015, 02:56 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

This has been released today, and I have just rented it from the iTunes store! I had quite low expectations as I knew it must have been quite low-budget, but by the end of the film I was blown away. During the second half of the film I was peering out from behind a cushion, I've seen some horror films but some scenes in this were truly terrifying. One critique is that the love and trust between Jake and Lauren developed incredibly quickly especially for a girl that was so in her ways due to how her life has been lived completely in isolation, but aside from that the plot was very strong and the actors carried it very well - which they had to considering the whole cast consisted of just eight people.

It's definitely worth a watch if you get the opportunity, some truly shocking moments and you find yourself quickly rooting for Jake and Lauren in their escape from Morris!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:33 PM