BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Minogue '94 ● rank the singles (+more)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

usually it does but im happy to see it get a run for its money although i will admit i have liked it a little more recently than i usually would have done in the past.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 3rd June 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I never understood why where is the feeling was released as a single. A remix of the track featured on one of the put yourself in my place CD singles. There are also much stronger releases on the album such as dangerous game which were completely over looked.

This post has been edited by slowdown73: 3rd June 2020, 06:34 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 06:35 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It never made any sense at all why it was picked, the fact it was a b side to the previous single made the decision such a weird one.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd June 2020, 07:47 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

With some strong options to choose from on the remaining tracks it is a decision that is highly questionable.
That or someone had an overbelief in the track.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd June 2020, 08:03 PM
Post #25
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

I'm seeing quite a few comments about why "Where Is The Feeling" was a single & why a remix of it featured on her previous single before it "PYIMP"; which I do agree was odd & the only explanation I could find is that, firstly on CD2 where this featured is that originally it was meant to feature another remix of "CIM" (which also featured on CD1), not sure why they decided upon this, maybe it was something to do with chart regulations or something.

Also for whatever reason "WITF" was planned for a single release from the start as it was initially planned as the 2nd single, but was postponed in favour of the far better "Put Yourself In My Place" & was then scheduled for release in April 1995, but delayed until July due to Kylie filming the movie "Bio-Dome". I do agree that there were stronger tracks on the album than this, It may have been a contract obligation by the track's songwriters/producers to have this as a single or something (like Britney with "Outrageous" & "Radar"). I honestly don't know & apparently this almost didn't make the final cut of the album.

Another reason could be that in its original form it was the closest pop track to her PWL days & the label thought that this may have attracted more sales. But of course this idea went out the window when it got delayed for several months & got radically remixed to the point where it doesn't even resemble its original version. These are just my thoughts, let me know what u guys think.

Of note the format of this release ended up being reduced to just 1 CD instead of 2, with the planned remixes & B-Sides "Living For Your Loving" & "Love Is On The Line" getting scrapped.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 09:16 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

the contract obligation could be a very good point as to why it was released having no cd 2 prob cost it top 15 but ideally cd 2 would have came out in week 2 to steady the ship up a bit with sales.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 4th June 2020, 11:00 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

The bonus tracks would certainly have helped it reach a better position. I have a few questions which I wonder if anyone knows. Why was time will pass you by shelved as a single? It was planned as the 4th single and wand did a remix. Also, was dangerous game ever within a chance of being a single? I read if I was your lover was possibly penned for an American single release.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th June 2020, 12:47 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I think the 4th single was cancelled due to the under performance of Where is the Feeling and the label lost confidence, it wasnt helped that put yourself in my place had also previously missed the Top 10.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th June 2020, 06:26 AM
Post #29
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Jun 5 2020, 12:00 AM) *
The bonus tracks would certainly have helped it reach a better position. I have a few questions which I wonder if anyone knows. Why was time will pass you by shelved as a single? It was planned as the 4th single and wand did a remix. Also, was dangerous game ever within a chance of being a single? I read if I was your lover was possibly penned for an American single release.

"Time Will Pass You By" was scrapped in favour of her collaboration with Nick Cave, which got released in late '95 (the same time "TWPYB" would have. Despite having remixes commissioned for it. However what probably killed any chance it had was lack of public attention towards the album by this point as well as like you said the lacklustre performance of "WITF".

"If I Was Your Lover" was planned as the 2nd single in the USA, then everywhere else if successful, but the contract fell through due to the U.S. label going bankrupt, leaving all plans for any possible American release cancelled.

As for "Dangerous Game", don't think it was ever one of the tracks in consideration for release.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th June 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The campaign was very much stop and start after Put Yourself in My Place that killed the chances of success for the singles.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th June 2020, 10:40 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Kylie taking the break for doing the film really didnt help the cause at all.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 6th June 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

No it did not and by the time Kylie had become involved in the era again the ship had sailed with the public.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 6th June 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya the 8 month gap for 3rd single killed it and the fact the single had such a completely lukewarm reception ended it.

+Quote this post
hexschofield
post 18th July 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,734

I adore this album so much - one of Kylie's strongest records and what a record to release after PWL

1) Confide In Me - A confident track - grown up and strong - those strings - Kylie's vocals a whole new level is achieved hear
2) Put Yourself In My Place - That video - oh yes - this is super strong track and I love it
3) Where Is The Feeling - I adore this song too - Album version is better has time to get into you
4) *Where The Wild Roses Grow (ft Nick Cave) - I think I am must be the only Kylie fan not to revel in this song - I don't like it that much and often skip it

+Quote this post
pippa
post 18th July 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Where The Wild Roses Grow is an understandable diversity of opinion with it been a very different single to everything in Kylies catalogue

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 18th July 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

WTWRG is strange in that many non kylie fans like it, many kylie fans dont rate it all that high and other fans like myself love it.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 18th July 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Where The Wild Roses Grow remains stunning and creative and helped Kylie develop her career and direction.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 19th July 2020, 01:00 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Hugely important song to kylie, its good that its sales have improved over the years making its sales more respectable. I'm assuming its nick caves best selling single.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 28th July 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #39
Group icon
User: 13,007

Confide In Me
Put Yourself In My Place
Where Is The Feeling
Where The Wild Roses Grow (ft Nick Cave)

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 11th August 2020, 04:25 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(HausofGhibli @ Jul 28 2020, 05:56 PM) *
Confide In Me
Put Yourself In My Place
Where Is The Feeling
Where The Wild Roses Grow (ft Nick Cave)

Same as me, using the album version of 'Where is the Feeling' though. The video mix would place bottom, although I do quite like it.

This was the version played by radio and was performed (lip-synced) on the Steve Wright's People Show as part of the promotion. It's basically an edited down, dancier version of the song that appears on the album.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:44 AM