BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Come Into My World ● 15 Years
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Nov 16 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's 15 years since 'Come Into My World' was released as the fourth and final single from Fever. It was a last minute edition to the album, written and produced by Cathy Dennis and Rob Davis. The pair had created 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' together and the similarities are noticeable, particularly the "na na na na" hook and the futuristic dance sound.

'Come Into My World' received praise from critics and earned Kylie her one and only Grammy win, picking up Best Dance Recording ahead of the likes of Madonna and Cher. Chart success was moderate but acceptable for a fourth single from a multi-million selling album, plus it at least reached the Top 10 in Australia and the UK.

What's everyone's thoughts on the song? Was it the right choice of single? How about the video?

Performances (Promotional Period)
CD:UK
Douce France
Friday Night with Jonathan Ross
GMA
Top of the Pops (Germany)
Top of the Pops (UK)
Top of the Pops Awards
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Nov 16 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
My 2nd least favorite song on the album and I hated that it was chosen as a single, for me it was like a boring ugly stepsister to CGYOOMH. The album had much better single choices imo

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Nov 16 2017, 07:26 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 16 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
It is a nice song but she should have released something else from the album as the 4th single as in many ways it felt like a diluted cheap version of Cant Get You Out Of My Head. It is a song i enjoy from Kylie and prefer it to In Your Eyes which i feel has aged vert badly.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 16 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
What would have been the preferred choice of single? As much as I love a lot of the other songs on the album ('Love Affair' in particular) I don't know if any particularly sound like singles, not more so than 'Come Into My World' at least.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Nov 16 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Love Affair, Burning Up, Fever, so many possible choices, and any of them would've been (and would've done) better than Come Into My World.

Totally disagree with pippa though regarding IYE, I think its the song that has aged best out of all the Fever singles.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 16 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Cant Get You Out Of My Head and Love At First Sight have aged much better than In Your Eyes. That said, In Your Eyes outside core fans seems to have been forgotten about.

Fever, would have been an excellent choice of single at the time. While now, it does sound so dated, at the time it would have been a good release from Kylie.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Nov 16 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
The video is crap but the song is GLORIOUS. The X2008 mix is my chosen version, but I like how ICE COLD it is.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Nov 16 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I love Come into my world wub.gif

Always thought Fever should have been second single from that album and IYE should have been left an album track.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 16 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I can't at this 'In Your Eyes' snubbing! sob.gif One of my all-time favourite Kylie songs.

QUOTE(Sceryl_Streep @ Nov 16 2017, 10:21 PM) *
The video is crap but the song is GLORIOUS. The X2008 mix is my chosen version, but I like how ICE COLD it is.

I think the video is fab! ohmy.gif Definitely caught my attention as a kid; I remember being amazed by all the effects and it probably helped elevate the song itself. In fact, all of the videos from this era were just mesmerising for me.

'Come Into My World' is one that has grown further with time. Definitely suits the term 'underrated' and, I have to admit, sometimes I forget how good it is even now.

The Abbey Road Sessions version is beautiful too. It's all too common to turn an uptempo into a ballad to add a sense of poignancy, but it really suits this song.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 17 2017, 02:00 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Its so hard to believe its 15 years, it seems like 5 years. I do like Come into my world, it was a song that grew on me. The live version on the opening of the Fever tour is my favourite, i loved the robot opening she did with the song.

I would prefer Come Into My World to in your eyes. I loved in your eyes at the time but i never listen to it anymore but i still listen to the other singles from the Fever album. Fever, the song is another song i loved at the time but not so much anymore. Fragile is the most under estimated track on the fever album. I know most wont agree but still love that song its the same with bittersweet goodbye on Light Years. Kylie;s ballads are so under rated, she has done some great ballads in her time, flower been another example and again hugely under rated.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 17 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'In Your Eyes' is by far and away the best thing from the era.

I do love this song, I think she nailed the single choices personally and it was the perfect era.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Nov 17 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #12
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
absolutely incredible song, only boosted by the fischerspooner remix which got a HELL of a TOTP performance (my fave of all-time actually!) and shut up john the video is incredible.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 17 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I think the Fischerspooner remix is my favourite Kylie remix. Just glorious.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 17 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Fever was a golden era. While the fans have different opinions and preferences on the singles, there is no doubt the record company nailed the single choices. I would have also thought a 5th single could have had moderate success from that era and the songs were there to take the gamble on.

Fever and Rhythm of Love are probably her 2 albums where the single choices were nailed. That said, Light Years and her debut were also handled extremely well as was Enjoy Yourself to a point.

I know her more recent albums did not have the same potential to select strong singles but the record company have made some disastrous single choices from her last few albums and the handling of the release strategy is highly questionable.

While we are aware the days of Kylie having big hits are over, the record company at the least should be able to nail the lead song from an album and pull out all the stops.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 17 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Agreed, the selection of singles from Fever were chosen perfectly.

I'd say Kylie's eras are generally pretty well handled in terms of what gets the single treatment, even in the past decade. I know people have their doubts about the likes of '2 Hearts' and 'Better Than Today' but the only particularly bad choice, I think, was 'I Was Gonna Cancel. Even then, I can understand what the record company's logic was after all the success Pharrell was having in 2013-14. I'm thinking maybe 'Sexy Love' could have been a better choice? Not a key favourite of mine nor the most original on the album, but it's got strong summer vibes and is fun pop music.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Nov 17 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Nov 17 2017, 07:28 PM) *
I think the Fischerspooner remix is my favourite Kylie remix. Just glorious.

Same here, some great funky sound !

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 18 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like the Fischerspooner remix too! Quite Goldfrapp-esque (more so than '2 Hearts' is).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:21 PM