BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FSR Rontvia National Thread 3.0, 118: Lily Moore - Over You > A timeless (life after) love beauty
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Aug 23 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #361
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 116

IDER Swim in for BJSC 117

Following a bizarre result last month that saw Spacetrain's Salsa Me win its semi-final and then finish bottom three in the final, FSR Rontvia has regrouped and English electronic pop duo IDER have been chosen to represent the nation in the 117th edition of BJSC. Formed in London, Lily Somerville and Megan Markwick have just released their debut album Emotional Education, and Swim was selected by the Rontvian public in a national final that consisted of every song from their album. The track got 43% of the vote, with Saddest Generation second on 24%.

Ricardo Delta of the RTVN said: "Swim is a gorgeous slice of melancholy summer pop, with the slow tempo and lovely chords of the verses giving way to a tropical breakdown and then a beautifully sung middle-eight. We really think IDER are ones to watch, their album is fantastic and this very necessary track about mental health and coping with their experiences of the music industry was the Rontvian public's instant highlight in the national final."

Swim has been at No.1 in the Rontvian charts for the last two weeks, ahead of the new singles by two other former entrants - Amaremare by Dolcenera and Kiss My Fat Ass by Sheppard.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 20 2019, 01:25 PM
Post #362
BuzzJack Idol

A timeless heartbreak anthem for BJSC 118

Following a respectable 26th place finish for Swim by IDER, FSR Rontvia has lined up another rising British star for the 118th contest, being held this month in Bellamia and Jadakissnia. Lily Moore is a new talent from London but raised in the Brighton area, and is the daughter of late Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore. The 21-year-old, who has supported the likes of George Ezra and James Bay on tour and recently performed her new single In-Between with Maverick Sabre on Sunday Brunch, has a mature and soulful voice that is almost a cross between Amy Winehouse and Duffy. Her summer single Over You, about the emotional hardship of navigating her way through a break-up while still liking her ex, could easily pass for a timeless classic ballad. The video for the track was filmed at various locations across London, even including her weekly shop in Tesco.

Ricardo Delta of the RTVN said: "We saw Lily live last week at her More Moore concert in London. The support act was Millie Turner, who performed her 6th place Rontvian classic The Shadow, but Lily was the star of the show. Her voice is like caramel, she has fantastic charisma, her melodies are instantly anthemic and her lyrics are incredibly relatable. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to send Over You, which debuted at No.1 in FSR Rontvia following the show. Watch out for Lily, we believe she's going to be propping up the tastemaker lists for 2020 in a few months time, she definitely deserves to be huge."

+Quote Post
Addy K!ng
post Sep 20 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #363
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

this is cute wub.gif

to me she sounds more like in between Amy and Adele.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 20 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #364
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Sep 20 2019, 02:54 PM) *
this is cute wub.gif

to me she sounds more like in between Amy and Adele.

True, maybe more live she had a Duffy vibe. I read somewhere that one of her early influences was Duffy's Warwick Avenue. I guess she'd have been 10 at the time, which is scary to me as it feels like...not long ago at all!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 03:10 AM