BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> I argue because I care......
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

I hope people aren't too angry at me for what I said in the other topics. I'm really never this angry on any other forum or in real life.

I only argue/complain about these things because I care about this contest a lot and it's one of my big hobbies.

and I just hate it when I feel like somethings wrong with it, maybe that's just me but I get stressed when I see something that looks a bit iffy.

I don't want to be seen as the drama queen who is crazy but rather the person that cares enough to get really angry about things sometimes. tongue.gif

I'm posting this because I feel like people are kinda at odds with me at the moment because of the things I've said. sad.gif (maybe they're not but I still have this feeling in my stomach and I can't just leave it there)

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf238: 22nd June 2009, 01:18 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post 22nd June 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Well, I thought from the start that you are being very passionate. There is nothing wrong with that. But taking a little break isn't that bad. I wouldn't mind the thread to open straight after the final, but I don't really mind the other option either. I think it's opening tonight at 9, I'm reserving Röyksopp but I'm afraid it will get taken, so I'll try to be quick.

Don't feel bad about what you have said. I understand your strong feelings. But I take this contest as it comes and I don't get like head over heels over it. For me, it's just a bit of fun. But I see where you are coming from! smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jun 22 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Well, I thought from the start that you are being very passionate. There is nothing wrong with that. But taking a little break isn't that bad. I wouldn't mind the thread to open straight after the final, but I don't really mind the other option either. I think it's opening tonight at 9, I'm reserving Röyksopp but I'm afraid it will get taken, so I'll try to be quick.

Don't feel bad about what you have said. I understand your strong feelings. But I take this contest as it comes and I don't get like head over heels over it. For me, it's just a bit of fun. But I see where you are coming from! smile.gif

Thanks, the only thing I really didn't like about the break was that it was just out of the blue and so random......I wish maybe it happened every so often so it would just become normal and people wouldn't feel sad that it wasn't opening because they'd know that this was the time we take a break.

Maybe I'm just caring too much about the little things tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf238: 22nd June 2009, 01:42 PM

+Quote this post
m
post 22nd June 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(Sabrewulf238 @ Jun 22 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Thanks, the only thing I really didn't like about the break was that it was just out of the blue and so random......I wish maybe it happened every so often so it would just become normal and people wouldn't feel sad that it wasn't opening because they'd know that this was the time we take a break.

Maybe I'm just caring too much about the little things tongue.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean. If those breaks were more common, it would cause less upsets.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 22nd June 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561

manson.gif

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(Mr Self Destruct @ Jun 22 2009, 03:35 PM) *
manson.gif

manson.gif to you too.

Have you got nothing better to do with your time?

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf238: 22nd June 2009, 02:41 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd June 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Mr Self Destruct @ Jun 22 2009, 06:35 PM) *
manson.gif

You didn't even vote in the final of XVII even though you so it DID express your opinion that you ain't care about BJSC at all.

So there was no need for wasting your time and posting this wonderfully IRRITATING and 'you-know-i-got-the-lowest-points-record-in-the-final-wheres-my-crown?' smiley.

+Quote this post
m
post 22nd June 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(Pavel @ Jun 22 2009, 03:42 PM) *
You didn't even vote in the final of XVII even though you so it DID express your opinion that you ain't care about BJSC at all.

So there was no need for wasting your time and posting this wonderfully IRRITATING and 'you-know-i-got-the-lowest-points-record-in-the-final-wheres-my-crown?' smiley.

What are you talking about? He did vote in the final. And who got lowest points record?

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 22nd June 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 814

Don't worry, I for one agreed with you, as what you seemed to be arguing was simply common sense....open the thread straight away, and both those who want to get on with things straight away, and those who want to have a break are facilitated.

It's not a huge deal as Rich has come up with an exact time which doesn't leave too much of a gap, leaves a long enough confirmation window for anybody who does want a break, and a well publicised exact time so that nobody is at a disadvantage when reservations start. What would have been a big deal would have been had this compromise been reached and the mods decided to say otherwise, as I think simple things such as the time frames for the contest should be decided 100% by the host.

One thing I did notice last night though, was when all this debate was going on, one of the mods was on and offline for a couple of hours lingering in the threads where these discussions were taking place, but said absolutely nothing, which led me to question who really is pulling the strings here.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 22nd June 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jun 22 2009, 03:49 PM) *
What are you talking about? He did vote in the final. And who got lowest points record?

he was talking about me lol, i didnt vote in the final and I have the lowest points in a final record smile.gif

oh and yes Pavel, obviously i don't care about the contest, it's a f***ing internet game based on Eurovision in which you gain nothing, theres nothing wrong with partaking but actually caring mellow.gif

i just found this whole topic extrememly sad, hence the use of ":manson:" and the fact he says this is like one of his 'big' hobbies, it's noy exactly stamp collecting or playing an instrument, its a fictional game manson.gif

so yeah the manson.gif didnt mean what you think Pavel, if i was to post a smiley to EXPRESS 'you-know-i-got-the-lowest-points-record-in-the-final-wheres-my-crown?' I wouldnt pick manson.gif and f*** knows why i would post it in this thread.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(Mr Self Destruct @ Jun 22 2009, 03:57 PM) *
he was talking about me lol, i didnt vote in the final and I have the lowest points in a final record smile.gif
oh and yes Pavel, obviously i don't care about the contest, it's a f***ing internet game based on Eurovision in which you gain nothing, theres nothing wrong with partaking but actually caring mellow.gif

i just found this whole topic extrememly sad, hence the use of ":manson:" and the fact he says this is like one of his 'big' hobbies, it's noy exactly stamp collecting or playing an instrument, its a fictional game manson.gif

so yeah the manson.gif didnt mean what you think Pavel, if i was to post a smiley to EXPRESS 'you-know-i-got-the-lowest-points-record-in-the-final-wheres-my-crown?' I wouldnt pick manson.gif and f*** knows why i would post it in this thread.

So what? It is one of my hobbies and I don't think that's sad. I'm happy to say it's one of my hobbies, and if that's sad well then I'm the saddest person on this forum. wink.gif

I think what's sad is someone posting manson.gif on a topic just because they've got nothing better to do except belittle an online contest and those that care about it.

Do you have anything nice to say about anything? sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf238: 22nd June 2009, 03:16 PM

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 22nd June 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

WTH at this thread.
TBH, I don't know what happened, but I'll say forget about what happened, it's not that bad is it? smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(FunMaker11 @ Jun 22 2009, 04:14 PM) *
WTH at this thread.
TBH, I don't know what happened, but I'll say forget about what happened, it's not that bad is it? smile.gif

I'm not that worried about it anymore, tbh I just want to forget it now too sleep.gif

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 22nd June 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,110

QUOTE(Peter30 @ Jun 22 2009, 03:49 PM) *
Don't worry, I for one agreed with you, as what you seemed to be arguing was simply common sense....open the thread straight away, and both those who want to get on with things straight away, and those who want to have a break are facilitated.

It's not a huge deal as Rich has come up with an exact time which doesn't leave too much of a gap, leaves a long enough confirmation window for anybody who does want a break, and a well publicised exact time so that nobody is at a disadvantage when reservations start. What would have been a big deal would have been had this compromise been reached and the mods decided to say otherwise, as I think simple things such as the time frames for the contest should be decided 100% by the host.

One thing I did notice last night though, was when all this debate was going on, one of the mods was on and offline for a couple of hours lingering in the threads where these discussions were taking place, but said absolutely nothing, which led me to question who really is pulling the strings here.

I do tend to linger an awful lot and generally don't post unless I have something constructive to say on the whole matter, especially so when revising (assuming you are referring to me)

My appologies to Sabrewulf if you feel people are angry at you but I for one have absolutely no idea what all the fuss is about. It does seem at times that people are just arguing for the sake of arguing which is especially frustrating when, like you, we mods are also very passionate about the contest - hence the reason we accepted the position of mods. Anyway that's water under the bridge etc...

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd June 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #15
Group icon

I will admit that sometimes when I start arguing about something I'll repeat myself a bit and go on a bit in circles....which I probably should learn not to do. But I think my very first point was a valid one.

I want to just forget this now, because I think I did cause more of a fuss then was needed, sorry about that sad.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd June 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #16
Group icon

LOL. Chris. Everything has its own benefit. You get acquainted with tonnes of good music via this contest ffs. So telling that BJSC isn't a hobby is stupid! If it makes you HAPPY then you must do it no matter what Chris people say. And this IS the definition of a hobby. Not something that involves real things that you can touch, communication and so on...

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 22nd June 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #17
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Don't at all worry Sabrewulf, I only argue for the sake of the passion for the contest as well tongue.gif I'm never angry with someone specifically, in the end it is only someone's opinion on the contest, nothing to be angry with them for! laugh.gif

And Peter, I think you're beginning to take these mod conspiracy theories a *little* bit too far now tongue.gif Fair enough if you wish to disagree with everything we suggest, but we are all equal in our say on the matter, no mod trumps another wink.gif

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 22nd June 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Pavel @ Jun 22 2009, 04:33 PM) *
LOL. Chris. Everything has its own benefit. You get acquainted with tonnes of good music via this contest ffs. So telling that BJSC isn't a hobby is stupid! If it makes you HAPPY then you must do it no matter what Chris people say. And this IS the definition of a hobby. Not something that involves real things that you can touch, communication and so on...

really? in the last contest I only found one song I liked that I didnt already know, it wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt such a lack of variation in the contest.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd June 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #19
Group icon

QUOTE(Mr Self Destruct @ Jun 22 2009, 09:01 PM) *
really? in the last contest I only found one song I liked that I didnt already know, it wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt such a lack of variation in the contest.

For most of us who participated in more than 2 contests - yes.

I sort of agree that variation is lacking here but this is BJ! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd June 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #20
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Chris was just joking pplll. Don't take him so seriously. Moderating the lonely Metal and Blink 182 forums can have its affects on him you know. smile.gif
But we still love Chris, manson face or not. He's a ledge.

@ Sabrewulf: There is nothing wrong with having a major addiction for this contest. This forum is full of "loons", so if Chris says it's sad to be passionate about BJSC, his a hypocrite because his overboard passionate for Blink 182, NIN etc. I don't think he meant it seriously anyway. I think the arguing on the forum as a whole has went down drastically when MY PMS got under control. laugh.gif

As for the concerns about the Reservations Thread, I don't think anyone of us have bad intentions for this contest, the mods in particular. But I do agree on the host deciding how to host his/her contest, the mods I think are just making a suggestion at the time which wasn't fully concluded causing these confusing arguments etc. But everything seems to be cleared up now so WOO.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 01:13 PM