BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Hannah Spearritt: Facing the Music, Memoir | 12th October 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 10th October 2023, 11:05 AM
Post #41
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

My signed copy just arrived. I'm equal parts excited and worried to start reading it!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 10th October 2023, 06:19 PM
Post #42
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I've seen a snippet regarding Hannah's departure from the band. I'll post my thoughts in spoiler tags for those who want to read the book first.

The section on Hannah leaving the band is quite inconsistent with what she said the other day. Without saying it outright, she alludes to the stories of the band moving on without Hannah confirming or denying her involvement being true, yet this isn't quite what she said to The Sun the other day...! It's slightly confusing. She also says she is worried the tour will become "mass mourning" for Paul, which he would "cringe" at. It doesn't read very well to me and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. She also says she's had no contact with Paul's family but "would love to know what they think of the tour going ahead" - the band have said they've had contact with Paul's family so they can't be against it. I worry this isn't going to look good on Hannah in the end, especially when the story on why she left seems to be differing.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 10th October 2023, 10:11 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I’ll be honest she’s been rubbing me up the wrong way for a little bit now.

I find it weird she didn’t reach out to his family but she was doing interviews about him soon after the death which I’m sure she would have received money for. Now again she’s doing more interviews saying Paul did something so alarming she was worried he’d end his life if whatever it was got out.

S Club have said themselves they’ve been in contact with Paul and his family and had their blessings to continue etc and I find it untasteful that Hannah’s been doing these interviews which could upset Paul’s family without even bothering to send them condolences personally.

The book around the tour just seems a way to get a quick buck and publicity.

I know people may not agree with me but it is how I feel unfortunately.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 11th October 2023, 10:23 AM
Post #44
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

I'm about eight chapters in now. It is painfully obvious to me that she has been schtumed by Simon Fuller's lawyers because I feel there is more she wants to say but hasn't been allowed to.

And actually, she's not really the one to be angry with. It's Simon. I'll spoiler this next bit with my reasons as to why.

There's a story in the book how, when they first got into the band in 1998, they went to Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox's house somewhere in the Mediterranean. Her and Paul, a little bit tipsy, went out on a motorbike that was in the garage of this house, lost control and crashed off it, sustaining a bit of damage to the bike.

Now whilst I don't condone drink driving, the subsequent reaction of 19 Management who then threatened to kick them both out the band, was a vast overreaction to the situation, and if I'm honest, gives me teas of when Mel C was threatened to be kicked out the Spice Girls by Simon Fuller after a minor disagreement with Victoria after they went to the BRITs in 1996. Everyone subsequently knows what happened to her with her mental health and controlling herself so rigidly.

Simon quite obviously tarred both Hannah and Paul with the brush of being "bad eggs" or "troublemakers" or whatever you want to call it from that point on. So let's call a spade a spade. He quite obviously threw Hannah off this tour and dressed it up as "She doesn't want to continue" to make himself look good. He is trash.

Whilst I agree that the book maybe should have waited until next year after she did Dancing On Ice, I don't agree that Hannah deserves all the rap here. Simon cannot control them like they're 17 and 18 anymore. They're not affiliates. They're not dispensible. Karma is gonna give him what he deserves eventually. Hopefully in the form of a tell all Netflix documentary.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 12th October 2023, 05:48 AM
Post #45
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

Audiobook has been pushed back to November 16 on Audible, disappointed with that.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 13th October 2023, 09:27 PM
Post #46
Group icon
---

Has anyone finished reading this? Or made good progress?

What are your thoughts on it?

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 16th May 2024, 07:29 PM
Post #47
Group icon
---

Does anyone know if an audiobook is available for this yet? I, having trouble finding one.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th June 2024, 07:56 AM