BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney Spears - The Singles Rate - Results, Full Results On Page 13...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post 10th March 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know has grown on recently. Might be the nostalgia factor.

Not at this Break the Ice hate.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th March 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I don't get the hate for Break The Ice at all, easily one of her best.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 10th March 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #43
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Break the Ice is growing on me but it's faaaaaar from her best for me, doesn't even compare to so many of her singles.

I expect it'll be Perfume out next?

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 11th March 2016, 01:57 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

Break The Ice sounds much better with the Jason Nevins rock remix.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: 11th March 2016, 02:00 AM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 11th March 2016, 03:12 AM
Post #45
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

I gotta mark my territory

#31. Perfume | Britney Jean

Avg. 6.154

Highest Rates: 10: (Mr Pmt, Explozian, PAJ88), 9: (Johnjo07, Liam, Ivica, River Lea, JoeyJeppssonWall, DionTheSats123), 8: (hotchoc26, Casey, blackout, Lukuzz, toxic air, liamk97)

Lowest Rates: 0: (***, 152chris, Eyes, chart wizard), 1: (Addy King)

At #31 is Britney's last solo single released to date, 'Perfume', released in November 2013 as the 2nd and final single from her 8th album 'Britney Jean' and does mark a departure to anything she's done before. A very intimate synthpop power ballad that needs time to grow on you, in my opinion. I think even die-hard Britney fans are still undecided on whether this track is any good, and coming from what's supposed to be her most personal album yet, which was only personal to herself and nobody else and having Will.I.Am's production on it doesn't help and just made the whole project feel bland and we still didn't get to know who the real Britney is and in the end it leaves only a few half decent tracks. While I still say that this is a definite standout, it was a big mistake releasing it as a single so soon. Because like I said, this track doesn't hit you straight away, it needs time to grow on you, and was probably rush-released due to Sia's writing credit on it, as she seems to be on everyone's album, right now. I think 'Alien' would have been the better choice, with it's strong production and it would have represented her personal vibe, a lot more than 'Perfume' would have. Upon release, it didn't perform very well and promo was non existent due to her upcoming Las Vegas residentiary, it entered the USA Top 100 at #76, becoming her 29th chart entry and dropped out in it's 2nd week. Elsewhere it managed top 20 in Spain, and top 40 in Brazil, France and Ireland, while making minor impact everywhere else.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 11th March 2016, 07:14 AM
Post #46
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

At least her two weakest singles are outside the top 30.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 11th March 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

Perfume is flawless

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 11th March 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #48
Group icon

Bring the action...

#30. Scream & Shout (Ft Will.i.am) | #willpower

Avg. 6.476

Highest Rates: 10: (hotchoc26, *Rob*, #Cody Slayberry, Regina), 9.5/9: (Mr Pmt, JoeyJeppssonWall, harryflynn0908, Robot, DionTheSats123, LushlifeLee, Chapman, Addy King), 8.5/8: (Johnjo07, Liam, PAJ88, Jay, RiseR)

Lowest Rates: 0: (Eyes, chart wizard, Explozian, Kylie Jackson), 1/1.5: (Euphorique, Beatrix Kiddo)

Starting off the top 30 is the last of Britney's non-album singles to feature here, 'Scream & Shout', which is a song by Will.i.am and features Britney on backing vocals. Released in November 2012 as the 2nd single from his 4th album '#willpower'. Reaction to this was very mixed upon release and on here as well, as it did receive several high scores, including 4 10's, 8 9's, 5 8's & 6 7's. But there were quite a lot of low scores as well, consisting of 4 0's and quite a few other middling scores, that prevented this from gaining a higher average or position. However though it's thanks to the last minute high marks that pushed it above 'Perfume'. I do admit, I did like this song at the time, and found it rather catchy and the auto tune affect on Britney's voice (making her sound British) was quite clever, and usually I'm not a fan of Will.i.am's solo stuff (although I do like 'The Black Eyed Peas'), I always found his solo output rather terrible and generic, with no real substance and just lacking in general. Like I said I did like this at the time and the fact that it revived Britney's career in the UK for a brief moment, was also another point I liked and if I started this rate in 2013, then I would have given this a 9, but now I gave it a 7, because now I think that this track is just ok, nothing special, but better than this other solo output and anything else from the album this comes from is just pure awfulness and Will.i.am has no real talent and just churns out the same old generic rubbish time and time again, which is also why The Black Eyed Peas last album didn't do so well and they've kinda received a backlash because of it. Upon release this became a big chart smash giving Britney her first UK #1 in 9 years, as well as hitting #3 in the USA and topping the charts in 24 other countries.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 11th March 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

oh come on, I thought that one had enough fans nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 11th March 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #50
Group icon

He's a villain by the devil's law

#29. Criminal | Femme Fatale

Avg. 6.5

Highest Rates: 10: (blackout, Lukuzz, RiseR), 9.5/9: (Liam, JoeyJeppssonWall, Ivica, #Cody Slayberry, Regina, DionTheSats123, LushlifeLee, Addy King), 8: (hotchoc26, toxic air, PAJ88, liamk97)

Lowest Rates: -1/0: (***, vibe), 1: (chart wizard)

At #29 we lose yet another final single, making this the 6th out of the 12 that have dropped so far, wow is that a coincidence or what. 'Criminal' released in September 2011 from her 7th album 'Femme Fatale' and marks another musical departure for Britney, this song was chosen by fans on an online poll, along with other choices 'Inside Out' & '(Drop Dead) Beautiful'. This definitely shows another side to the album, especially after the upbeat first 3 singles, this incorporates a folk-style flute melody which is quite refreshing, but it's the heavy use of auto-tune on her vocals, that ruins it for me, which makes her sound like she's devoid of any emotion. The lyrics are simple enough, she simply likes bad boys which does ring a true note in her personal life. The music video is really kick ass with it's interesting story line and controversial tone, and honestly I wanted to see more of it and I would love it if it was extended into a feature length movie and definitely ranks as one of her best videos to date. Upon release, despite being chosen by the fans it wasn't a big hit by reaching only #55 on the USA Billboard Charts, making this the only single not to reach top 10 from the album. Elsewhere it did manage success by topping the charts in Brazil and hit top 10 peaks in Poland, Bulgaria, Israel, Lebanon and Ukraine, while hitting top 20 peaks in France, Finland and Canada. It wasn't given a UK release due to the controversy surrounding the music video due to it's violence, as well as the poor performances of the album's previous singles there.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 11th March 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Should've been higher, quite a catchy track sad.gif

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 11th March 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Criminal higher than S&S? wacko.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 12th March 2016, 03:10 AM
Post #53
Group icon

Only rock to what's real

#28. Do Somethin' | Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

Avg. 6.585

Highest Rates: 10: (Mr Pmt, blackout, Addy King), 9.5/9: (Luciano, Casey, #Cody Slayberry), 8.5/8: (Johnjo07, Ivica, JoeyJeppssonWall, toxic air, Jay)

Lowest Rates: 0: (152chris), 2: (River Lea)

At #28 we have 'Do Somethin', released February 2005 as the 2nd and final single from her first greatest hits album titled 'Greatest Hits: My Prerogative'. Originally not planned at all to be released, but Britney wanted to shoot a video for it and had to fight the record label to do it. This actually scored lower points than "S&S" and "Criminal', due to it getting one less rate, but has managed a higher average than the 2 and has therefore placed at this position. This may not be one of her best songs, but far from being one of her worst either, in fact it's a pretty fun upbeat number that has no lyrical depth, it's just Britney having fun and letting loose on a song that's basically about being the centre of attention. This was also one of the 3 new songs featured on the greatest hits album, and apart from the lead single, this was probably the better choice out of the remaining two and plus we get a glimpse of her Mona Lisa persona, which wouldn't follow through as the 'Original Doll' album was scrapped entirely. Upon release, despite not given a USA release it still managed to make a small dent on the Top 100, due to downloads, peaking at #100. Elsewhere it was a lot more successful by reaching top 5 in Hungary, Ireland, Denmark and Greece, while hitting top 10 in UK, Australia, Belgium and Sweden, then finally making top 20 peaks in 7 other countries. Not bad for a song the record company didn't want to release.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 12th March 2016, 03:11 AM
Post #54
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

9 out of the bottom 10 songs would also be down there in my own Britney rank, so the results are pleasing to me so far (although I don't think 'Pretty Girls' deserves the honour of second to last, I'd have that higher up in the 30s).

'Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know' is a tad under-appreciated on here. sob.gif

Edit: Nooooo 'Do Somethin'' should be Top 20! What a bop. *.* A pity the video upload on her Vevo isn't available to be viewed everywhere.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th March 2016, 03:20 AM
Post #55
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Do Somethin'' is so under appreciated. Such a jam! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 12th March 2016, 03:23 AM
Post #56
Group icon

Any guesses as to what's gonna drop next, anyone....

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 12th March 2016, 03:35 AM
Post #57
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Maybe 'Boys'? Not sure ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 12th March 2016, 04:23 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Sometimes?

+Quote this post
Luciano
post 12th March 2016, 01:52 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 96

I love Do Somethin'... it seems quite underrated here.

+Quote this post
post 12th March 2016, 01:54 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Do Somethin' and Criminal are two of her weakest for me. Especially the former.

Scream and Shout is awful. I need that not to be Britney's last big hit here.

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:04 PM