BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

30 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place', 2019 • 4th Album / 2023: Magenta Pink Vinyl
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Apr 19 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #281
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I'll never be able to be a fan of Fontaines D.C. after this x (Lmao I've not heard any songs yet, I hadn't even heard of them before looking at the release schedule sad.gif )

Reminder of the solo album peaks:

Melanie C
#4 - Northern Star
#5 - Reason
#24 - Beautiful Intentions
#25 - Version of Me
#45 - The Sea
#50 - Stages
#57 - This Time

Emma Bunton
#4 - A Girl Like Me
#7 - Free Me
#11 - My Happy Place
#65 - Life in Mono

Geri Halliwell
#4 - Schizophonic
#5 - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
#41 - Passion

Mel B
#28 - Hot
#453 - L.A. State of Mind
^ I'll never get over that lol~

Victoria Beckham
#10 - Victoria Beckham
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Apr 19 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #282
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you Jay! Screw Fontaines DC!!

Also, yeah I cant really get over how Mel B got to 453!!! Now THAT is a f***ing flop well done lol

+Quote Post
Eduardo
post Apr 20 2019, 12:19 AM
Post #283
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 5,804
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Apr 19 2019, 07:53 PM) *
Thank you Jay! Screw Fontaines DC!!

Also, yeah I cant really get over how Mel B got to 453!!! Now THAT is a f***ing flop well done lol

What I love about it is that we even got to know about its second week

453-1581

Has any other Music Week report reached this deep down the charts when revealing a position?

+Quote Post
tommie
post Apr 20 2019, 06:21 AM
Post #284
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

Didn't we get the total sales of LA State of Mind a few years ago and it was like less than 3000 copies?

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 20 2019, 09:12 AM
Post #285
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

It was just over 1000 copies laugh.gif

Poor Melanie I actually really like that album, what’s worse do you think being the only Spice Girl not to have a #1 single or the only Spice Girl not to have a top 10 album? Mel was so stupid not to hold off and wait a bit longer to release Hot and also not to start with Feels So Good. Bet Virgin we’re glad to get rid of her as she wouldn’t listen to a word they said.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Apr 20 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #286
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Can’t believe the 1000 copies for LSOM , I would rank it highly on my list .

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Apr 22 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #287
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

Ok I've decided this is a nice little 7 track album. The last 3 tracks range from boring to awful to cringe. The first 7 tracks are actually a decent run of songs.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Apr 22 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #288
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

In case you were wondering the final 3 tracks in a perfect world would be

8. A thousand Miles (Vanessa Carlton cover)
9. 2 become 1 ft one of the Appleton sisters
10. I get by with a little help from my friends ft Robbie Williams

A thousand miles is so much more interesting than Come away with me, it could have an interesting arrangement too like Don't call me baby.

2 Become 1 with one of the All saints sisters screams 90s dream and Robbie really didn't suit it.

Help from my friends a Beatles song that Robbie would sound good on, a positive upbeat song to finish the album too.

Stick Here comes the sun ft Tate and Beau on the deluxe with a solo 2 become 1 version and you have more reason to buy it too.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 22 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #289
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Apr 22 2019, 10:27 PM) *
In case you were wondering the final 3 tracks in a perfect world would be

8. A thousand Miles (Vanessa Carlton cover)
9. 2 become 1 ft one of the Appleton sisters
10. I get by with a little help from my friends ft Robbie Williams

A thousand miles is so much more interesting than Come away with me, it could have an interesting arrangement too like Don't call me baby.

2 Become 1 with one of the All saints sisters screams 90s dream and Robbie really didn't suit it.

Help from my friends a Beatles song that Robbie would sound good on, a positive upbeat song to finish the album too.

Stick Here comes the sun ft Tate and Beau on the deluxe with a solo 2 become 1 version and you have more reason to buy it too.

I would take off Come away with me too but I do like Emotion though, the more I listen to that the more it grows on me. Here comes the sun is also a bit weak but I get why she included it, I do think your idea is much better though. I'd scrap 2 become 1 altogether tbh, have it as a bonus track at most.

I also hate Don't call me baby I think Emma sounds dreadful on it her voice doesn't sound as good in the low tone in my opinion and this is way too low all throughout, her sweetness is exposed when her voice is high, however this is clearly very popular with everyone else so guess that's just me.

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Apr 22 2019, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Apr 22 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #290
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I really like Emotion too, I got confused the 3 tracks I'd lose or change are Come away, 2 become 1 and Here comes the sun, I've got it in my head they are the last 3 tracks as I skip and avoid them at all costs.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Apr 22 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #291

Don't Call Me Baby is the one for me, when it comes to the covers! I love her deep vocals actually, they're very sultry. It's one of the more interesting moments on the album imo, and probably the best production work too - far superior to every other cover, and maybe even better than the two original song productions.

I find Come Away With Me underrated - it's a very romantic song, very chill. Also, Josh's vocals compliment Emma's more so than her other duet partners imo.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Apr 23 2019, 02:08 AM
Post #292
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Come away with me can put people into comas.

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Apr 23 2019, 08:54 AM
Post #293
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 23 2019, 12:46 AM) *
Don't Call Me Baby is the one for me, when it comes to the covers! I love her deep vocals actually, they're very sultry. It's one of the more interesting moments on the album imo, and probably the best production work too - far superior to every other cover, and maybe even better than the two original song productions.

I find Come Away With Me underrated - it's a very romantic song, very chill. Also, Josh's vocals compliment Emma's more so than her other duet partners imo.

Agree on Emma's low vocal range. Smooth as velvet.

Personally, I don't really listen to 'Come Away With Me'. I've always found that song a bit boring. Totally agree on the vocals though. Josh was a good choice.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: Apr 23 2019, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 23 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #294
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 23 2019, 12:46 AM) *

I do agree it's a gorgeous harmony, and I don't skip it tbf but I wouldn't choose to play it either...

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Apr 23 2019, 09:48 AM
Post #295
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 20 2019, 10:12 AM) *
It was just over 1000 copies laugh.gif

Poor Melanie I actually really like that album, what’s worse do you think being the only Spice Girl not to have a #1 single or the only Spice Girl not to have a top 10 album? Mel was so stupid not to hold off and wait a bit longer to release Hot and also not to start with Feels So Good. Bet Virgin we’re glad to get rid of her as she wouldn’t listen to a word they said.

I remember LA State Of Mind was almost impossible to find - it’s a miracle people actually managed to find 400+ copies to buy in week 1, I had to order mine from an indie record shop and it took 2 weeks to arrive laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post May 1 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #296
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

Emma was on Lorraine this morning and apparently the single with Jade will be released on the 7th June? Strange that it is so late but I guess with her schedule, it is to be expected...

Video looks well cute though and Jade is so yummy wub.gif

Link to video

+Quote Post
tommie
post May 1 2019, 10:43 AM
Post #297
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

I don't think 7th June is that late considering it's just a bit over a month from now.

I hope Radio 2 will playlist it at least. Maybe the album can cross 10 000 copies at least laugh.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post May 1 2019, 12:41 PM
Post #298

Clips of the video looks great, incredibly 60s with the hair, fashion & decor! Looks like it’s better than the Baby Please Don’t Stop video.

I wonder if June 7th refers to the video release? Seems odd to hold it back if it’s ready to go. Releasing it during the tour seems like a strange choice.

Her appearance on Lorraine resulted in My Happy Place climbing to #30 on iTunes. This morning it wasn’t Top 700 (that’s all that would load of the Top 1500 iTunes albums for me). I didn’t check where it was on Amazon, but the standard is currently #43 and the deluxe is #126.

I’m wondering if this’ll help her climb back into the Top 200? It’s currently not Top 200 in the mids, so as things stand it’s looking to go 11-121-out sad.gif but it was midweek #195 on Monday, so maybe it’s not too far away from Top 200 and this Lorraine boost could help? We’ll see!

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post May 1 2019, 01:14 PM
Post #299
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Fingers crossed she stays in top 200 as we get sales data then don't we! (No matter how pathetic lol)

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post May 1 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #300
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ May 1 2019, 11:32 AM) *
Emma was on Lorraine this morning and apparently the single with Jade will be released on the 7th June? Strange that it is so late but I guess with her schedule, it is to be expected...

Video looks well cute though and Jade is so yummy wub.gif

Link to video

She is so goddam loveable. The most genuine Spice Girl. heart.gif

Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:02 PM