BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calum's Emeli Sandé Singles Rank, Roll up, roll up! Read all about it!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post Apr 10 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #1
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

hi.gif

Join me as I count down all 23 (!) singles that Emeli Sandé - one of the finest Scottish singer-songwriter talents - has either released herself, or as a featured artist. There will probably be some surprises along the way.

Starting very soon! *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Apr 10 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

Heaven or My Kind Of Love FTW heart.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 10 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #3
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Heaven' to win wub.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 10 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #4
nabad

Never Be Your Woman
Naughty Boy presents Wiley feat. Emeli Sandé

Released: 28 February 2010
UK Charts Peak: 08

Before Emeli burst onto the scene as a musician in her own right, she featured on a couple of songs by other artists - one of those being Naughty Boy and Wiley's song Never Be Your Woman. Wiley, of course, went on to make a name for himself too and Naughty Boy released his own music (albeit still relying heavily on Emeli for his own singles success having produced her debut album Our Version of Events, lol), but Emeli was a relative unknown at this time, and while the song is alright it is absolutely nothing spectacular and finishes last here. I didn't even know this managed a top 10 peak in the UK charts, so there's some news. Emeli's vocals aren't at their best here either, so I'm sure everyone will agree this is no major loss.

Rank

23. Never Be Your Woman (Naughty Boy presents Wiley feat. Emeli Sandé)

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 10 2020, 09:09 PM
Post #5
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Omg I own 'Never Be Your Woman' on CD single cheeseblock.png

I really liked that at the time and still do to an extent, but my love for it was hampered a bit after I discovered the original, that is now an all-time fave wub.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 11 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #6
nabad

Diamond Rings
Chipmunk feat. Emeli Sandé

Released: 6 July 2009
UK Charts Peak: 06

Rounding out a likely very predictable bottom two songs of the countdown is Emeli's earliest feature - Diamond Rings. The song, headed by Chipmunk, managed to peak at #6 in the UK charts, giving Emeli Sandé her first top 10 despite still being unknown by the general public in terms of her own success. Unlike Never Be Your Woman that followed a year later, this song at least has a little more character to it, and Emeli's vocals are a little more excitable, with her range on display just a fraction more. Granted, the song isn't, and never will be, amazing, but at least we have these songs to look back on that show just how far she's come in over 10 years. That brings us to the end of songs that I'm not overly keen on though, and the rest is pretty much all fantastic! magic.gif

Rank

22. Diamond Rings (Chipmunk feat. Emeli Sandé)

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 11 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #7
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

Aww I like both of those! 'Diamond Rings' was an unexpected but great introduction to Emeli back in the day, her chorus was so so catchy and it's safe to say the song would've been quite less enjoyable without her. 'Never Be Your Woman' kinda passed me by at the time but I'd just gone back to it recently, tbf her vocals are pretty underwhelming and I'm more of a fan of Wiley's rap and Naughty Boy's production, so I won't argue with it being last.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Apr 11 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #8
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

'Diamond Rings' is pretty awful, not a patch on 'Oopsy Daisy' or 'Until You Were Gone' in terms of Chipmunk singles

(oops is this meant to be about that Emeli girl)

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 11 2020, 09:36 AM
Post #9
❤️❤️➕🟦
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

both of those are amazing tho cheeseblock.png

Clown should be last

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 11 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #10
nabad

This Game Is Over
Alejandro Sanz feat. Emeli Sandé & Jamie Foxx

Released: 2013
UK Charts Peak: N/A

Time now for the one song that most people probably won't be aware existed at all. Taken from an album by Alejandro Sanz, and released at some point in 2013, This Game Is Over saw Emeli provide vocals for the chorus of this pretty generic R&B Spanglish song. While the verses are not to my taste at all, the song is elevated quite a lot by Emeli's chorus, with her vocals packing a punch and sounding like, given her own version, something that could easily have appeared on her second album Long Live the Angels. However, this was in the midst of her Our Version of Events domination, so unlikely that would ever happen. Despite its official 'single' status, This Game Is Over failed to chart anywhere worldwide (lol), even with Emeli and Jamie Foxx there to give it some kind of relevance with an artist nobody outside of Alejandro's home country will recognise.

Rank

21. This Game Is Over (Alejandro Sanz feat. Emeli Sandé & Jamie Foxx)

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 11 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #11
🙄
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,643

Diamond Rings so far is so far the only decent song!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 11 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #12
nabad

Extraordinary Being

Released: 2019

Emeli was on a mission with her third album - REAL LIFE - to create a collection of songs that could reach out to her loyal fanbase, journey through their minds and souls and give them some valuable, much-needed and important advice on just how special they, and every other human being, are and are capable of being. Extraordinary Being is no exception to all of that, being a song that exemplifies just how beautiful people are, and how sometimes even the kindest of souls will not appreciate or understand just how valued they are. The song was originally intended to be released as the second single from REAL LIFE, and even coincided with the release of the latest X-Men film, however (as you can see above) it didn't take off and failed to chart in the UK, as well as any other country. My love for this song has really increased ten-fold since seeing her live last year. Everything just clicked into place hearing her sing the lyrics barely five metres in front of me.

Rank

20. Extraordinary Being

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 11 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #13
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

frankie.png

+Quote Post
Brer
post Apr 11 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #14
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

This is already very wrong, 'Never Be Your Woman' and 'Diamond Rings' are 2 of the best songs she has been involved with xx

'Heaven' to win pls xo

QUOTE(Karen 🥂 @ Apr 11 2020, 10:36 AM) *
Clown should be last

This is also tea

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 12 2020, 01:45 AM
Post #15
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

Just gave a first listen to 'Extraordinary Being', it's so groovy once the beat kicks in *.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 12 2020, 02:28 AM
Post #16
nabad

Starlight

Released: 2017

Giving the fans a little treat to keep them tiding over until REAL LIFE's eventual release in September 2019 (a release that was delayed by some months for an unknown reason), Emeli released an EP in 2017 titled Kingdom Coming - more of an experimental project in terms of sound than any of her other commercial music. Starlight was the only 'single' to come from this EP, and strangely enough it's the one song from it too that didn't really fit with the sound of any other songs on it. It seemed that maybe this was an attempt at a one-off single that wouldn't ever be part of any album campaign, but it's still rather odd. Given the hype for album two, Long Live the Angels, had all but died, it's no surprise that this didn't chart anywhere, but it's a nice enough song and it was a change in sound compared to what we had with Long Live the Angels. It's funky, up-beat, and more dance-oriented than anything we'd heard before.

Rank

19. Starlight
20. Extraordinary Being

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 12 2020, 02:39 AM
Post #17
nabad

QUOTE(Fisher 🐠 @ Apr 12 2020, 02:45 AM) *
Just gave a first listen to 'Extraordinary Being', it's so groovy once the beat kicks in *.

Indeed wub.gif I think the jigsaw piece kinda comes together when you listen to it as part of the album too - before that I really did not like it at all. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Apr 12 2020, 09:58 AM
Post #18
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Heaven and that debut sang with Naughty Boy to be the top 2

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 12 2020, 10:07 AM
Post #19
❤️❤️➕🟦
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Starlight is actually really bad sad.gif

I was excited when I saw she was releasing a more commercial pop song and it could have been the turning point to bring her back to mainstream success but it sounds so basic

+Quote Post
Calum
post Apr 12 2020, 11:57 AM
Post #20
nabad

QUOTE(Brenda 💋 @ Apr 12 2020, 10:58 AM) *
Heaven and that debut sang with Naughty Boy to be the top 2

Maybe x

QUOTE(Karen 🥂 @ Apr 12 2020, 11:07 AM) *
Starlight is actually really bad sad.gif

I was excited when I saw she was releasing a more commercial pop song and it could have been the turning point to bring her back to mainstream success but it sounds so basic

Yeah it really is on the basic side :') at least it didn't amount to anything though and instead we ended up with the singles we did get from REAL LIFE *.*

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:15 PM