BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Avengers: Infinity War' | APR 2018, NO SPOILERS PLEASE #ThanosDemandsYourSilence
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 29th November 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

It's already the greatest movie I have ever seen tbh. That looked so much "grander" than I ever expected it to look! The scene of the armies running towards each other gave me legit chills and made it look LOTR esque.

I can't cope. Having a breakdown. sad.gif HELP MEEEEEESS
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 29th November 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

The trailer is absolutely, 100% epic. I got chills. This isn't going to be just a movie. It'll be an event.

But I'm even more excited at what's to come in the next trailer. There are some amazing scenes from the original leaked footage that aren't in this one.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: 29th November 2017, 05:22 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th November 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #23
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

An excellent trailer, I honestly think this could well be the most hyped I've ever been for a movie in my entire life (I almost died when Thor and GOTG met at the end!!

I just don't know if I'm emotionally prepared for the consequences of Infinity War though, I know I'll be distraught if any of my faves (Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, Rocket Raccoon, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch etc.) die and it's probably likely that at least one will be killed off laugh.gif drama.gif cry.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 30th November 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #24
Group icon

Saaaame. Take Vision & War Machine, I don't mind. But pretty much anyone else.... cry.gif

The shot at the beginning with Tony holding something/someone close to his chest really gets me thinking it's gonna be a huge death... And I am NOT PREPARED!! (I feel like it could be Spider-man. Which will be heartbreaking enough, but with Tom doing such an incredible job... I'm gonna be an emotional wreck!!!!)

But PLEASEEEEE. LEAVE CAP ALONE. cry.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th November 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #25
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Pleeeease kill off War Machine!! I was actually gutted when it was revealed he survived the fall in Civil War sad.gif

Vision can definitely go too and I wouldn’t be bothered about Falcon and maybe Hawkeye.

I am curious perhaps more for the fourth Avengers film as it definitely feels like they’re wanting it to be closure on the ‘old guard’. The likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth can’t keep doing this forever! Iron Man will have been a main star of 9 (!) movies by the end of Avengers 4. Have there been any other movie characters (played by the same person) appearing in more movies??

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th November 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #26
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Nov 30 2017, 08:54 PM) *
(I feel like it could be Spider-man. Which will be heartbreaking enough, but with Tom doing such an incredible job... I'm gonna be an emotional wreck!!!!)

I'm starting to suspect this a little too as it would be such a shock death but would still make room for them to continue the character with Miles Morales in the future. I'd be so upset with that though because Tom Holland is PERFECT as Peter Parker and we wouldn't have seen nearly enough of him in the role cry.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 30th November 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #27
Group icon

This is the fastest viewed trailer of all time with 280 million views in 24 hours!!

Astonishing! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 30th November 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Trying to find a gif of the shot where they're running towards the camera and use it as my sig, but stupid signature restrictions... Ffs. cry.gif

+Quote this post
post 30th November 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I’ve watched it so many times. I want trailer 2 now!

+Quote this post
Severin
post 1st December 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

QUOTE(Klaus @ Nov 30 2017, 09:07 PM) *
Iron Man will have been a main star of 9 (!) movies by the end of Avengers 4. Have there been any other movie characters (played by the same person) appearing in more movies??

Desmond Llewelyn played Q for 17 movies in the Bond films. Not a major character admittedly but same guy, same character.

Christopher Lee also portrayed Dracula in 10 different films and Basil Rathbone was Sherlock Holmes for 14, so Downey Jr. needs to sign a new contract if he hopes to beat them

I just looked this up. There's loads, notable one are anyone of the main characters in Harry Potter did 8, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Johnny Weismuller as Tarzan (12), Johnny Weismuller as Jungle Jim (16), Bernard Lee as M did 12 in the bond franchise, Mickey Rooney as Andy Hardy (16) but the all time winners are Arthur Lake and Penny Singleton as Dagwood and Blondie—28 films in total

This post has been edited by Severin: 1st December 2017, 12:41 AM

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st December 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #31
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Oh that’s interesting! Lots more than I thought ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 1st December 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

Not quite as many but Robert Englund has played Freddy Krueger 8 times too.

But yeah, I cannot wait for the next trailer. And I know I'm not going to be emotionally prepared for losing our Avengers over these next 2 movies. Oh lord, it's going to be gut-wrenching.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 31st January 2018, 06:34 AM
Post #33
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Just watched the trailer again out of pure hype and need for this to come soon, doesn't the trailer show Thanos taking Vision's infinity stone and therefore effectively killing him? I mean I'm 99% sure Vision can't be Vision without the stone so isn't that a character death already? unsure.gif

Predicts for full deaths:
Black Widow - I don't see how she can progress anymore in the Marvel universe and when it comes down to it there are many other characters with less-than-super abilities that could take her place in the group whilst still giving her death a huge impact on the rest of the characters (especially Cap & Bruce/Hulk). It's a shame because I love Scarlet in this role and think it's her best yet, but I think 2018 is her end
Vision - Like I said before I'm pretty sure Thanos took Vision's infinity stole and thus his soul or whatever. And even if not that, I think Vision will be gone in either the first or second installment.
Nick Fury - I really don't want this to happen but he's already faked his death & escaped dying a few times so this could be the end of Nick Fury. While this is a shame, it would allow Maria (Cobie) to take over as the sort of Avengers leader/guidance counselor which I'm looking forward to laugh.gif Alternatively Maria could die, but that wouldn't have as much of an impact
Rocket Raccoon - As above, I really f***ing hope this doesn't happen but it easily could. Either him or Groot, and then the remaining of the two would have a big vengeance kick and give Thanos or one of his minions a run for their money
Bucky or Captain America - Either Bucky will die in a sort of sacrifice scene trying to show how he's a better person now, or Captain will die and Bucky will eventually take over as Captain American. I'm not really sure but both allow for [i]a lot[/b] of future content
Spiderman - I don't think this should or will happen, at least not in the first installment. Tom is only just getting into the role and he is absolutely smashing it. It would be a huge waste to kill him off now, even if it would allow for a Miles Spidey.
The Collector - Thanos' tool who has been sort of useful but won't be of any use to Thanos after the war really (providing he wins).

Other stuff:
- With the last two there, I think killing either Captain or Spidey is a valid option. Both of their current characters actually have valid replacements (Captain Bucky, Miles-Man) which would work very very well on screen. However, I doubt they'd go ahead with replacing both of them around the same time..
- I think that The Collector will die at the end of Part 1. I think he & maybe Rocket or Spidey or someone will be having a little 1v1 battle and end up pretty much killing each other before more of the gang shows up to finish off the Collector - but without enough time to save [insert hero's name here]'s life. Part 1 will finish with Thanos clearly winning (after killing another character, possibly Nick Fury) and laughing at everyone who's crying over the deaths. End scene (with Ant-Man & the Wasp post-credits), wait a year, movie picks up where it left off and the battle resumes. Captain dies at the end and Bucky takes over as Captain Bucky.
- I would love to see Pepper again, maybe even reprising her little role as Iron Woman and helping out Tony
- Thanos killing Nick would be impactful and fitting really. Both are essentially the big guys of their respective sides in the war so one killing the other (and Nick is obviously not gonna be able to kill Thanos) would really show everyone how powerful Thanos really is. Anyone could kill Nick, but Thanos is the only one with the strength & balls to actually do it.
- I'm still yet to see Doctor Strange, but by the looks of things there are only really two characters from there coming into the war so I doubt either of them will die.
- I want Howard the Duck to return laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post 31st January 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

QUOTE(Dexton @ Jan 31 2018, 06:34 AM) *
Just watched the trailer again out of pure hype and need for this to come soon, doesn't the trailer show Thanos taking Vision's infinity stone and therefore effectively killing him? I mean I'm 99% sure Vision can't be Vision without the stone so isn't that a character death already? unsure.gif

Predicts for full deaths:
Black Widow - I don't see how she can progress anymore in the Marvel universe and when it comes down to it there are many other characters with less-than-super abilities that could take her place in the group whilst still giving her death a huge impact on the rest of the characters (especially Cap & Bruce/Hulk). It's a shame because I love Scarlet in this role and think it's her best yet, but I think 2018 is her end
Vision - Like I said before I'm pretty sure Thanos took Vision's infinity stole and thus his soul or whatever. And even if not that, I think Vision will be gone in either the first or second installment.
Nick Fury - I really don't want this to happen but he's already faked his death & escaped dying a few times so this could be the end of Nick Fury. While this is a shame, it would allow Maria (Cobie) to take over as the sort of Avengers leader/guidance counselor which I'm looking forward to laugh.gif Alternatively Maria could die, but that wouldn't have as much of an impact
Rocket Raccoon - As above, I really f***ing hope this doesn't happen but it easily could. Either him or Groot, and then the remaining of the two would have a big vengeance kick and give Thanos or one of his minions a run for their money
Bucky or Captain America - Either Bucky will die in a sort of sacrifice scene trying to show how he's a better person now, or Captain will die and Bucky will eventually take over as Captain American. I'm not really sure but both allow for [i]a lot[/b] of future content
Spiderman - I don't think this should or will happen, at least not in the first installment. Tom is only just getting into the role and he is absolutely smashing it. It would be a huge waste to kill him off now, even if it would allow for a Miles Spidey.
The Collector - Thanos' tool who has been sort of useful but won't be of any use to Thanos after the war really (providing he wins).

Other stuff:
- With the last two there, I think killing either Captain or Spidey is a valid option. Both of their current characters actually have valid replacements (Captain Bucky, Miles-Man) which would work very very well on screen. However, I doubt they'd go ahead with replacing both of them around the same time..
- I think that The Collector will die at the end of Part 1. I think he & maybe Rocket or Spidey or someone will be having a little 1v1 battle and end up pretty much killing each other before more of the gang shows up to finish off the Collector - but without enough time to save [insert hero's name here]'s life. Part 1 will finish with Thanos clearly winning (after killing another character, possibly Nick Fury) and laughing at everyone who's crying over the deaths. End scene (with Ant-Man & the Wasp post-credits), wait a year, movie picks up where it left off and the battle resumes. Captain dies at the end and Bucky takes over as Captain Bucky.
- I would love to see Pepper again, maybe even reprising her little role as Iron Woman and helping out Tony
- Thanos killing Nick would be impactful and fitting really. Both are essentially the big guys of their respective sides in the war so one killing the other (and Nick is obviously not gonna be able to kill Thanos) would really show everyone how powerful Thanos really is. Anyone could kill Nick, but Thanos is the only one with the strength & balls to actually do it.
- I'm still yet to see Doctor Strange, but by the looks of things there are only really two characters from there coming into the war so I doubt either of them will die.
- I want Howard the Duck to return laugh.gif

In reference to your first point - https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/10/16876218...ie-screenwriter Not sure it needs spoiler tags but didn't want to ruin your air of mystery

+Quote this post
Regina
post 31st January 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

BUCKY WILL NOT DIE. Mainly cause I believe Sebby has a few more movies in his contract.

+Quote this post
post 31st January 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Do we need to put predictions as to who might die in spoiler tags? There’s nothing for any of us to go on at the moment, so it’s all speculation.

Personally I think War Machine, Vision and Falcon are possible deaths. Cap of Iron Man if they want big deaths.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 1st February 2018, 04:24 AM
Post #37
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Ah so Black Widow & Bucky aren’t gonna die biggrin.gif Captain probabaly then tbh. Maybe War Machind too I forgot about him

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st February 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #38
Group icon

Predictions of deaths no spoiler. Potential "following the comic books" deaths/rumoured reports etc.. please spoiler. I know this sounds really anal and I'm sorry but I want to know as little as possible haha. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
post 1st February 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Agreed ^ Although there's not really much to go off from the comic books for this, they could go down any route. There might not even be any deaths!

Though I think the Avengers team is a bit crowded now, we could lose a few. We have:

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Bucky / Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Black Widow
Star Lord
Gamora
Teen Groot
Rocket
Drax
Mantis
Nebula
Ant Man
The Wasp
Black Panther
Vision
War Machine
Falcon
Dr Strange
Spider-Man

That's 23 and then you have Loki (if he counts as an Avenger), Black Panther looks like he's bringing Okoye and Shuri to the Infinity War and there's Captain Marvel too! That's 27! Kill some!

Crazy we've gone from 6 in the first Avengers to 9 in the second Avengers to this!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 1st February 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Except not all of them are even Avengers. Just because they join together to fight Thanos does not mean they are Avengers.
Even if they did join after IW, it's not like they all need to be in every Avengers movie.

Bucky, the Guardians, Dr Strange, Black Panther and pretty cuh all Team Cap won't count as Avengers.

In the comics there are literally different teams of Avengers and probs hundreds of members and people who are stand by Avengers.

And it's been confirmed that some people are going to die in this.

This post has been edited by Regina: 1st February 2018, 01:43 PM

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:22 AM