BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form, 4th album out 21/2/20; Frail State of Mind out 24/10/19
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Sep 2 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #41
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

I get that but is it really necessary to have that scene at all in a music video or any other online form of media? Given how often terrorist attacks happen and their impact they have they really didn’t need to have it in the video at all and it’s resulted in negative connotations being drawn from it as a result.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Sep 2 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #42
Hey now, you're an all star
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 2 2019, 08:00 PM) *
I get that but is it really necessary to have that scene at all in a music video or any other online form of media? Given how often terrorist attacks happen and their impact they have they really didn’t need to have it in the video at all and it’s resulted in negative connotations being drawn from it as a result.

Well that's a question for them

But it's real life, and it will always be depicted in media - and it always has been. Sid Vicious' 1978 video for 'My Way' features him mass shooting the audience after his performance.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Sep 2 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #43
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

This is a question of censorship in a free society.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Sep 2 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #44
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Sep 2 2019, 07:57 PM) *
Obviously people will have their own view on this - but it's a music video, it's art - no different to a film. It’s not set in Manchester nor has it got any relation to Manchester whatsoever.

Hopefully they do another video where he talks in depth about what the video means - but it took it to mean how bombings are going on, but action isn't being taken and they're just being talked about on social media, hence him exploding into emojis.

Yeah I agree with this. It's cringeworthy edginess much like the song itself but I don't think it's offensive, it's just their attempt at artistic social/political commentary.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 19 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #45
   No Gallery Pics

New track on Thursday! Been loving People for the last 2 months, though I'm expecting something very different for this as it's rumored to be 'Frail State of Mind' - a "garage influenced" track (they worked with Mike Skinner of The Streets recently so I'm guessing it's for this).

+Quote Post
Burns
post Oct 20 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #46
Are you here to solve my ketchup problem?
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I have faith this'll be a lot better than "People", though worried that "People" was the moment they just got really arrogant and pretentious and that anything from now on just won't feel the same. We'll see! Certainly not as excited as I was a year ago for any new material from them.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 24 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #47
   No Gallery Pics

Preview sounds brilliant, expecting a drop at the end of it. The song has been compared to the electonic musican Burial, which definitely intruiges me.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 24 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #48
   No Gallery Pics

Really liking this on the first couple of listens, like a poppier take on their more ambient tracks like Petrichor.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Nov 1 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #49
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Well this is miles better than the first two singles at least - still found it a little boring on first listen (aside from the instrumental which I do like, an interesting choice for them to go for a 2 step / garage type instrumental, they're nothing if not ambitious x) but just given it a second listen and it's clicking with me a bit more this time. A step in the right direction for sure and will see if it grows on me more with a few more listens ~

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 1 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #50
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Frail State of Mind' is certainly grabbing me and for the right reasons this time, following a messy couple of releases! This is more like it. Nothing pretentious about it, just relatable lyrics about social anxiety and some garage influences to boot, I'm on board.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 07:10 AM