BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Joe and Jake - You're Not Alone
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Nov 9 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #41
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah it'll be interesting if they really put effort into this national final this year which if it goes well they can then expand into a mini Melodifestivalen for 2017 when The Voice leaves the BBC. That's never going to happen knowing the BBC but it would be nice if it did - it'd make a lot of sense.

Meanwhile Scott has given a little interview to Digital Spy here where he reinforces that it has been our entries rather than anything else to blame for our poor results. Ben Haenow would be a decent pick actually! magic.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 9 2015, 11:05 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

I would quite like to see Alexandra Burke give it a go next year. Might get her another hit in the UK anyway.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 10 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #43
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

PLEASE GOD NO not Ben Haenow. I'd rather have Electro Velvet again :/

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Nov 19 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #44
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

BBC Eurovision ‏@bbceurovision 9m9 minutes ago
#Eurovision 2016 - it could be YOU! Apply to represent the UK by midnight tomorrow: http://bbc.in/214SnrA 🎤🌟🎤🌟

This picture on Twitter doesn't fill me with hope for a more established act as our representative.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Nov 19 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #45
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

Oh for f*** sake.

+Quote Post
Viper*
post Nov 23 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #46
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
Member No.: 25

Yay for us choosing from nobodies again cheer.gif

mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Viper*: Nov 23 2015, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
danG
post Nov 23 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #47
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

what did you guys expect though? no established act wants to do Eurovision except really old has-beens (Bonnie, Engelbert) and BBC don't want those anymore.

+Quote Post
Viper*
post Nov 23 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #48
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Danvember @ Nov 23 2015, 05:14 PM) *
what did you guys expect though? no established act wants to do Eurovision except really old has-beens (Bonnie, Engelbert) and BBC don't want those anymore.

TBH, the cynic/stereotypical viewer within me is saying that we could send Adele and still not win.

The more educated viewer within me knows that the act isn't the be all and end all. What happens in the run up is so important? Small tours around Europe, press, interviews whatever. I just wish that whoever they/we pick that a real commitment was made to REALLY push them. We did it with Jade and look at the results. I'm bored of justifying why we still should do Eurovision to people, how I'd love to let a result speak for it's self. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Nov 23 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

We don't need an established act, as Jade proved of course. We just need anyone who is a great singer and performer, and more importantly someone who can write a good song. Sweden manage a good 15-20 great songs every single year, why do we find it impossible to find one?

I honestly think the BBC should get the Swedes to write a song for us, I'm sure there's plenty of Melodifestivalen songs that don't make the final 28 that would still be a million times better than what we'd come up without them.

Regarding that graphic the BBC tweeted, it's embarrassing that we get *that* while at the same time Germany were announcing the selection of one of their biggest male artists of the 21st century. Of course he's been withdrawn since but the point stands.

When watching X Factor last night I thought Nathan and that song of his would be perfect for Eurovision, very simple but very effective and would be in with a great chance of securing a Roman Lob type result in the low top 10. Of course Nathan has the connection with Eurovision too via his Junior Eurovision national final appearance many years ago so it would be a pretty perfect choice.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 1 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #50

Details of OGAE Selection Process
    45 members of OGAE have been selected to sit on the selection panel
    These 45 people are split into 5 groups of 9 people
    The individuals were selected to provide a proportionate representation of the public ie Age, Demographic etc
    Each of the 5 groups will have a different set of songs to review
    Each Member will be asked to review 60 songs and select their Top 5 songs by December 14th
    These votes will then create an overall top 5 songs from each of the 5 groups.
    This then creates a shortlist of 25 songs overall
    A new panel of 10 OGAE members will then listen to the 25 songs on the shortlist for further selection

http://eurovisionireland.net/2015/11/30/uk...-2016-bbc-ogae/

It's still unknown whether our national final is going to be a Saturday night TV show, or just an online Twitter poll.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Dec 1 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #51
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

That's a fair amount of songs *clings to hope of something decent*

^ And I don't know which would be the better option, which would lead to less joke-y / more serious voters? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 1 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I actually think a Twitter poll would lead to more serious voters, especially when all the Eurovision fan forums start getting involved. And the casual fans that just watch Eurovision to make fun of it won't be aware of a Twitter poll like they would on a TV show.

Anyway here's 3 of the entrants as submitted by a Hartlepool charity that helps people with creative arts and music and that sort of thing: click here!

One of the entries is already on YouTube (and it shouldn't be disqualified as 'Solayoh' was fine a couple of years ago - the trouble only arrives if it has had a commercial release which it hasn't):

There's definitely potential with that one, maybe a chorus revamp would be needed to stop it sounding like an Ashlee Simpson single from the mid 2000s but even so it would still be our 3rd best entry of the decade! heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 19 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #53
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

BBC have been sending out rejection letters today to those who haven't made the final shortlist and it means I can bring you good news! I can now guarantee that whatever entry we get could've been worse, as the BBC could have happily sent this... (Click!)

+Quote Post
mdh
post Dec 26 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #54
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Dec 19 2015, 10:05 PM) *
BBC have been sending out rejection letters today to those who haven't made the final shortlist and it means I can bring you good news! I can now guarantee that whatever entry we get could've been worse, as the BBC could have happily sent this... (Click!)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 28 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #55
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Team Midas management/PR have an artist through to the final stages by the look of their Twitter page, some of the artists they've promoted in recent years include Louisa Johnson, Ben Haenow, Stevie McCrorie and Lucy O'Byrne (from X Factor and The Voice of course). More of their artists, one of which could be the Eurovision hopeful, can be found on their artist roster including more X Factor acts such as Lydia Lucy and Kiera Weathers.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 28 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #56

Hopefully the fact they seem to be chasing bigger names (if you can call Kiera Weathers a big name) means the song quality will be better than most of our recent efforts.

I mean, it can't get much worse than last year, can it?

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 28 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #57
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

the prospect of having Stevie McCrorie representing us nocheer.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 28 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I haven't heard his new single yet, but to be fair Stevie could easily come up with something along the lines of Roman Lob's 'Standing Still' and be a top 10 contender. He'd automatically be better than everyone else this decade bar Molly and Blue without hearing his song as he isn't too old and he is a good singer.

Looking on their artist roster (on that link above, click the menu button in the top left), an electropop act called Reyko caught my eye - and have just listened to one of their recent songs that was 3 minutes long. This song with a bit of vocal re-recording perhaps would be incredibly on trend and is exactly the type of deep house that goes to #1 in Germany. It's only 3 months old as well which would make it eligible:

Can't imagine the BBC or OGAE going for anything so on trend, but this is exactly the thing we should be sending as it would fit right into European charts, including our own.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 28 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #59

I can't see a song like that getting success at the contest, it's so monotonous.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Dec 28 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #60
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Member No.: 7,117

let's be real it'll probably be this guy fresh from myspace

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:56 PM