BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reality Round-Up 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Dec 19 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Hey all, it's that time of the year where we look at the best of the year and this forum is no different! Me and Rob will be taking you through the year of TV, touching on he following series we've watched and some others along the way I'm sure!

Celebrity Big Brother 19
Celebrity Big Brother 20
Big Brother UK 18
Big Brother US 19
Big Brother Canada 5
I'm A Celebrity UK Series 17
I'm A Celebrity Australia Series 3
Strictly Come Dancing Series 15
The X Factor UK Series 14
Love Island Series 3
The Apprentice Series 13
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 19 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #2
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

It was a weird year for Big Brother, I wouldn’t say any were vintage series but there was still some great housemates in the UK version, more let down by the production elements.

Big Brother Canada was slightly rocky but a great season overall, with an epic moment halfway through!! It more than made up for the absolutely terrible BB19.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 19 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I really enjoyed the civilian Big Brother, I know it had low ratings but it was so much fun to watch. Chanelle is one of the most iconic housemates we've had in YEARS.

Kim Woodburn and Sarah Harding also made for amazing TV in their series. I really enjoyed Love Island too this year, although I'm really not a fan of overhyped Chris & Kem at all and Olivia was a grade A c**t.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 20 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #4
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Montana from Love Island <3
My absolute fave

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 20 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER

I'll be tackling series 19 while Rob has the short straw of having to find enough to say about the summer series kink.gif

Series 19, January

Best housemates: Kim Woodburn, Jessica Cunningham, Jedward
Worst housemates: Austin Armacost, Colleen Nolan, Nicola McLean

Celebrity Big Brother's 19th series came in with a "bang" as there was a SHOCK TWIST before the show even began ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif All Stars were to join the new contestants. On paper, seeng classic BB stars coming back to spar with new big characters seems great, but in practice he new stars line-up was pretty limp, with dullards such as Calum Best and Colleen Nolan, and even the impressive return of Speidi couldn't really do much as they were incredibly disappointing. However, all the best housemates of this series came as late entrants, so this series did get better at its run progressed.

Before the first eviction, we already had two voluntary exits in Ray-J (disappointing for the producers, no doubt as they had paid an unprecedented $1 million for him, undoubtedly wanting to jump on the Kardashian connection) and Brandon Block (if we even noticed he was there in the first place...), on day 8 and day 9 respectively. Then the series was defined by the entrance of How Clean Is Your House's Kim Woodburn, a personal dream housemate of mine for YEARS. We all knew that she isn't one to sit back and mince her words, but instantly on the first night she was causing trouble, in a war of words with fellow late entrants Jessica Cunningham and Chloe Ferry after the latter splashed Kim. Kim proved to be worth her fee beyond anyone's wildest dreams, as the series descended into everyone vs Kim, with security even intervening to take Kim out of the house t the worst point! Catchphrases such as "chicken liver shits!!!" "don't start with me" and "luvvie" on the end of every sentence permeating the national lexicon as this veritable icon of Big Brother prett much single handedly making this an iconic series! She only managed to come 3rd but has definitely made her mark on Big Brother.

Another highlight of the series for me were the lovely Jessica Cunningham, who I feel was slightly wasted on this series. She had a few little altercations with her fellow housemates, and always came across as someone could handle herself and drive in her point without being rude or abrasive, and always likeable. I think in a series that wasn't so dominated by huge explosive characters like Nicola McLean and Kim Woodburn arguing all the time, she could have done better than she did. She reminded me a bit of a classic Channel 4 housemate actually. I also was pleasantly surprised by Jedward, who were much less idiotic and annoying this stay but still provided some much needed fun and likeability among the explosive arguments and tension that clouded this series being a fun one.

The winner is one we shan't speak much of, Loose Women harridan and general dullard Colleen Nolan. Spending her entire stay barely cracking a smile, moaning and smoking, but somehow the housewife vote made her triumph over Jedward and the aforementioned icon Kim. Not much better was the terminally dull James Cosmo, who was apparently too famous to be in there because he was in Game Of Thrones, or the mega c*** Nicola McLean who was just SO unlikable, but I suppose at least she provided entertainment but always being wound up by Kim. The "romance" of Bianca and Jamie was also absolutely mind numbng, I can't see who would want to watch them, but we got one of the biggest shocks in CBB history as favourite to be evicted Bianca topped the vote over Speidi, Jessica, Jedward and Kim - there's no accounting for taste.

ALl in all, this was a solid series, but buoyed pretty much only by the presence of Kim laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 20 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #6
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

That CBB series REALLY spiced up when Kim entered. Her and Jedward defined it for me, and even though I was always team Kim, I did enjoy Nicola too. Jessica had the potential but never QUITE lived up to it sadly sad.gif

Coleen feels like such a "wtf" winner, I didn't dislike her but she did nothing of note??

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 20 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend

I actually really liked that series of CBB! Kim Woodburn was just as iconic as Tiffany Pollard and Gemma Collins for me. I agree about Jessica, I think she could've really shined in another series potentially or had she been in there from the start, she could have done better.

There was an overbearing amount of disappointing housemates though. Calum Best, Coleen Nolan, Bianca Gascoigne, Jamie, James Cosmo .... At least people like Stacey Francis and Nicola McLean brought SOMETHING.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Dec 20 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #8
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Dec 20 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Kim was a bully

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 20 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Sqntq Clqus @ Dec 20 2017, 06:42 PM) *
Kim was a bully

Shut up, don't be so stupid.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Dec 21 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Nicola on the worst HM's?

She was great - I find it bizarre people supporting Kim, yet always lay into Nicola. Both were as bad/ good as each other.

Jessica was nice enough, but hardly set the series alight... in fact she was fairly dull in terms of bringing things to the show.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 21 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend

Kim had more iconic moments, and will probably be more remembered as an iconic housemate, Nicola was dull and dreary and so negative all the time.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Dec 21 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jack @ Dec 21 2017, 03:54 PM) *
Kim had more iconic moments, and will probably be more remembered as an iconic housemate, Nicola was dull and dreary and so negative all the time.

I wouldn't have said dull or dreary, In fact I don't think someone who seems to incite the amount of chat and discussion Nicola did last series wouldn't be described as dull.

But I agree Kim will go down as one of the most iconic CBB housemates

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: Dec 21 2017, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 21 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

Nicole just came across as snippy and nasty, Kim I know was hardly Samanda but she was hilarious like a pantomime villain, whereas Nicola was just nasty imo but like I said at least she brought something interesting unlike a lot of them laugh.gif

Big Brother Canada coming tonight as I've got some time!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 21 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #15
Brown cow, stunning!

BIG BROTHER CANADA

Series 5, March-May

Best housemates: Ika Wong, Demetres Giannitsos, Karen Singbeil
Worst housemates: Jackie McCurach, Dillon Carman, Emily Hawkin

Chronologically the next Big Brother series in this list is from Canada! Following the popularity of the US version in Canada, it received its own version using the US format and the fanbase never looked back, as BBCan has pretty much outstripped BBUS each year since its inception in 2012.

This particular season had the same twist as January's CBB - some classic BBCan housemates returned alongside newly cast contestants. This was done much better than CBB did it, as the two best female players of all time Neda and Cassandra returned, as well as queen of blindsides Sindy and cunning genius Kevin, among others. However, despite a stellar cast of names, a lot of them were quickly picked off. Cassandra barely had time to work her social magic, Dallas barely got shirtless with his new buff physique, and Gary was deflated as his side were picked off and was rendered as disposable himself. However, the biggest fall from grace easily goes to Neda. In what is without doubt the most incredible eviction ever, Neda was blindsided by Sindy after she was forced to pick a replacement nominee. Neda had been a total btch all season, severing a lot of social ties who would have been crucial support at this time, and she thought she was the head of her side who'd be saved no matterwhat. This was an awful start to the series for someone who I'd regard as a classic player, mainly due to a twist in which Neda as a fan favourite received immunity for the FIVE evictions. Tbh that was a silly twit that was too much anyway, nobody in a game like this should have hat much protection! Someone as smart as her should have used it wisely, but she pushed and pushed people being a total bitch to everyone which whilst entertaining was a stupid stupid move. She did so much to put a target on her back that meant she was ousted as soon as eligible, and her face was a picture as it transpired that Ika had managed to convince Sindy to nominate her and set the wheels in motion for everyone bar Jackie to turn on her! Honestly I can't stress enough what an incredible bit of TV that was for the entertainment and shock value!

This season was prety much owned by Demetres and Ika, the latter of whom really surprised me after she was a bit of a hot mess who imploded quickly in series 3 after a strong start. DemIka are the best BBCan pairing since Jon and Neda, and Dem would never have sold Ika out like Jon not taking Neda through so possibly better x Whilst Ika didn't win any comps, she had a flawless social game that paired incredibly well with Demetres being a total comp beast. If ever they were in danger, either Ika's social game or Demetres smashing a comp could easily see them through. A DemIka top 2 would have been incredible if Kevin didn't smash the comps near the end, and of course any person with a jot of intelligence would dispose of the biggest threats. Kevin eventaully won, and whilst I really really wanted one of DemIka to, I can't begrudge kevin as he was one of those players you can tell really wanted it. He was gutted to be ousted so early by a triple evicion last time, so he had a fire in him and he would do anything to win that money. He used his looks to get protecion from William, who was smitten and pretty much gave up his own game for him, and in the last couple of weeks when it was really case of him or DemIka, he smashed either veto or HOH each ime to ensure his safety. Eventually he won a clean sweep of 9-0 over Karen, who was brilliant to watch and a hilarious lovely woman, but a useless player really so was never going to win.

On the opposite end of the scale, there wasn't really anyone I disliked but Jackie, Dillon and Emily were varying degrees of annoying. Jackie was such a pointless player and reminded me of that really extra friend who everyone lowkey hates but is always still there laugh.gif Dillon and Emily's romance was also awful, so cringe and they acted like they were married and love's young dream after like a day of being together.

All in all, a brilliant series that far outstripped the total mess of a series that was this summer's BBUS, which we'll touch on later.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 21 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #16
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

BB Can 5 was a really good season, Ika absolutely MADE it. Looking back, it's odd to see people like Cassandra and Gary out so early on, and even more so with Neda, because they're three of the best game players the show has seen. I guess for Cass and Neda at least, they played an almost identical game, so everyone saw through them. Neda's eviction was TV GOLD though, the best BB Can moment for me (or perhaps second to Ika's letter shredding - spot a theme?)

As much as Ika was my winner, Kevin wasn't undeserving and he played a good game really. Bring on BB Can 6 *.*

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Dec 21 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #17
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Member No.: 7,117

I'll be able to contribute properly after I finish work tomorrow, then I'm off for several days and heading home!

I actually liked Nicola myself, she was quite sour but she was easily the best for 'giving it back' to Kim (apart from Spencer at times) and gave some hilarious moments myself like the eye covering and purely for the fact she took being called Nicole for so long.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Dec 22 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #18
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

You're an adulter one of my favourite quotes from Kim to that meathead Jamie. Kim Woodburn made that series.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 22 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #19
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Demetres is like one of the biggest turnarounds you could have on a person, he seemed liked the generic BB US alpha male from all the pre-show stuff but he soon turned that around and became one of the greatest duos with Ika. Imagine if he went instead of Mark that first week!! Even though I haven’t seen the first three seasons, it was quite cool to see the vets come back, especially after hearing major things from people like Neda. Neda’s eviction was a MOMENT. A cool season overall, and certainly so much more entertaining than BBUS has become!

CBB in January was just messy, like all the series last year. At least it brought us Kim though, I won’t talk about the chicken livered shits though sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Dec 23 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #20
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I remember watching this season while I was bored and Dem was and still is precious biggrin.gif Ika knows a real one when she sees em.

It’s also refreshing to know that a lot of the HG’s from that season stayed really good friends and have been seen together multiple amounts of times. That’s when you know they really concentrated in game and not on emotional distress.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 AM