BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Unpopular Opinion: Drag Race Edition
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LouisL
post Apr 10 2019, 08:35 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
To kinda go against another point... Jinkx is the best winner of all regular seasons
There’s never been a queen more rounded than her and if it weren’t for the fan influence she’d win an all winners season, but since she isn’t popular enough I doubt she would
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Apr 10 2019, 08:39 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Jinkx's runways were a bit behind but when it comes to Comedy/Acting raw talent I think Jinkx is pretty unmatched.

+Quote this post
post Apr 10 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 9 2019, 11:56 PM) *
YES!!!! Replace Miz Cracker with Trixie though, I love Miz Cracker
Another; The Vixen had a lot of very very valid points but people just saw an aggressive black person so didn't want to acknowledge them.

Yep, I agreed with almost all of her takes apart from her meltdown in Untucked when the other girls said her name instead of Eureka when Eureka was top that week.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 10 2019, 09:45 AM
Post #24
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(365 @ Apr 10 2019, 11:39 AM) *
Jinkx's runways were a bit behind but when it comes to Comedy/Acting raw talent I think Jinkx is pretty unmatched.

her personality more than makes up for her runway tbh. And it's not like Bianca was wowing us with her outfits anyway, just as an example of someone who never gets read for her mediocre looks~ they are fine but nothing spectacular let's be honest

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Apr 10 2019, 09:53 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 10 2019, 06:54 AM) *
As for positive unpopular opinions; I'm not too sure how "unpopular" it is but Joslyn Fox and Laganja Estranja were some of my faves and especially in Joslyns case feel completely forgotten about when they deserve a second chance.

I absolutely LOVE Joslyn Fox! She's so underrated and has so many quotable moments.

-GASP-

Also to add on what some have said before. Bianca is way overrated as a winner. She's a good comedy queen but like others have said she lacked severely on the runway. I feel like the edit for S6 and S8 were so obvious and both Bianca and Bob are not as great as people make them up to be.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 10 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #26
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
my unpopular opinion is that laganja should’ve won the stand up comedy challenge

+Quote this post
post Apr 10 2019, 10:37 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I think Bianca is a very deserving winner of her season, I really can't argue with her run. I do think my interest of finishes there, I don't care about her beyond season 6.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Apr 10 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #28
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Naomi should have been top 2 at least 3 of the episodes of AS4 and was shown to be a poor queen/ a villain and her talent was downplayed. Before the season I thought her name was the only one that sounded right to be in the hall of fame and her edit really disappointed me

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 10 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #29
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
YES @ all of this Joslyn love! When I was watching old seasons and thinking about queens who should be back for AS5, she was one of the first that came into mind. The thing I like about her the most is that she’s just naturally funny. She blazed through the reading challenge like it was nothing and her Snatch Game was hilarious when you look past the big hitters like Dela & Bianca and obvious messes like Laganja. “Can I get a Pinot Grigio?” is one line that sticks out the most.

speaking of snatch game season 6, Gia’s was low key hilarious. It was like Kim who couldn’t be bothered to participate lmao

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 10 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #30
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
QUOTE(Envoirment @ Apr 9 2019, 06:58 PM) *
Alaska deserved to win AS2/Katya wasn't robbed. A lot of people seem to think Katya deserved to win AS2, but Alaska absolutely slayed the competition.

oh yea for sure, I adore Katya and like others have said, prefer her as a person but Alaska is just the whole package really

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Apr 10 2019, 11:32 AM) *
my unpopular opinion is that laganja should’ve won the stand up comedy challenge

i thought everyone felt this way ohmy.gif

anyway...

Latrice is overrated

Gia Gunn deserved better on her season and on All Stars

Laila McQueen's drag is amazing and she deserved better too.

Aquaria actually has v little personality??

Trixie deserved her All Stars Win

Shangela feels a little forced down our throats sometimes, i guess she borders on overrated as well for that reason although I do really like her.

I really don't like Willam at all and I don't really know why, she just irritates me and it's like she just sponges from other queens (AAA Girls, Shangela etc)

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Apr 10 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
The 2 queens who were really robbed were Kennedy (S7) and Shanel (AS1) (oh and somewhat Monique in AS4)
Every other time there’s been some reason behind a controversial elimination, the jury, Lipsync for the crown, or Ru just not liking someone’s lipsync

But when choosing the top 2 or 3 for a season all they really have to go off of is track record, how well that queen preformed in the season. And Kennedy done much better than Pearl overall and Shanel in AS better than Raven (but that one is more on the fence as Chad did get most of the wins for them)
But my point about Kennedy still stands

+Quote this post
calxyum
post Apr 10 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #32
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799
I don’t think Scarlet is very delusional at all. There’s just something about the way she is, her playful confidence, that just made me feel as though she was just having fun and not really caring what people thought of her. Almost like silky, but in a much more subtle and almost alluring way.

A popular opinion, on the other hand, is that I think that she really looks and acts like she could be Brooke Sheilds’ and Lana Del Rey’s lovechild.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 10 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #33
Group icon
QUOTE(cantthinkofaname @ Apr 10 2019, 12:53 PM) *
I absolutely LOVE Joslyn Fox! She's so underrated and has so many quotable moments.

-GASP-

Also to add on what some have said before. Bianca is way overrated as a winner. She's a good comedy queen but like others have said she lacked severely on the runway. I feel like the edit for S6 and S8 were so obvious and both Bianca and Bob are not as great as people make them up to be.

*gasps in shock at good taste shown in this post*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 10 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(LMLou @ Apr 10 2019, 08:53 PM) *
The 2 queens who were really robbed were Kennedy (S7) and Shanel (AS1)

Damn, well I did ask for unpopular opinions!!!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 10 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #35
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 10 2019, 10:14 PM) *
Damn, well I did ask for unpopular opinions!!!

!!!!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Apr 11 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #36
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
* Roxxxy Andrews is f***ing flawless. She doesn't get enough credit as one of the most polished queens there is going. She isn't a personality/entertainment queen like Katya or Alyssa but at her ACTUAL JOB... pretty much faultless and stunning.

* They got rid of Lineysha Sparx too early because she didn't have the "storyline" of the top half of Season 5 but she deserved better.

* Detox deserved the AS2 win more than Katya.

* An entertaning queen =/= a successful Drag Race queen. I would still go watch Farrah Moan above 95% of the queens on Drag Race. Did she deserve better in either series she appeared on? No. People equate the show with what makes a great or special drag queen and it's not really the tea. Some great or loveable queens that endear you to them aren't necessarily cut out for a competition aspect.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 11 2019, 06:51 AM
Post #37
Group icon
I don't think that last one is an unpopular opinion, I'm sure most will agree with it.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 11 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #38
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
I usually end up liking a queen more after seeing them perform in person, like Miz Cracker was very middle of the road for me in her season but once I saw her show i ended up loving her so much more and now she's up there with my favourites.

The only time that's not been the case is with Jasmine Masters, again middle of the road for me from what I'd seen before the twisted circus 2 tour but now I actually don't like her, its more her attitude towards drag, idk if she's trying to purposely emulate a dislikable character but she just seems so disinterested and like she doesn't want to be doing what she's doing, her looks are v minimum effort as well (which you can get away with it you're a comedy queen I suppose) but she's not actually that funny either

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Apr 11 2019, 11:56 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
QUOTE(RobBob @ Apr 11 2019, 02:57 AM) *
* They got rid of Lineysha Sparx too early because she didn't have the "storyline" of the top half of Season 5 but she deserved better.

* Detox deserved the AS2 win more than Katya.

* An entertaning queen =/= a successful Drag Race queen. I would still go watch Farrah Moan above 95% of the queens on Drag Race. Did she deserve better in either series she appeared on? No. People equate the show with what makes a great or special drag queen and it's not really the tea. Some great or loveable queens that endear you to them aren't necessarily cut out for a competition aspect.

Completely agree with those three statements

+Quote this post
152chris
post Apr 11 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #40
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
farrah moan is THE comedy queen

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:10 AM