BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 🇺🇸 RPDR 12 | Episode 14 Discussion Thread, Grand finale
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 29th May 2020, 05:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

RPDR SEASON 12 EPISODE 14: SEASON FINALE

This post has been edited by J00psyMethyd: 30th May 2020, 09:21 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 29th May 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon

Getting this up nice & early in advance of tonight/tomorrow's live final!

Can I ask any of you posting from the US to spoiler out your thoughts until most of our European users have had a chance to see the episode in the morning after!

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 29th May 2020, 05:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

Praying for a Jaida or Crystal win. Gigi deserves to win too based off merit and track record but the other too I find so much more eligible and rootable

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 29th May 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Ah so excited! I'm happy whoever wins. I'm really interested in the 5 lip syncs though. I assume there'll be something like:

Crystal vs Jaida

Gigi vs Crystal

Jaida vs Gigi

Crystal vs Jaida vs Gigi

Top 2: Final lip sync

It'll be interesting to see how they did the filming as well as all the queens will be lip syncing from their homes.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 29th May 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

It could be that all the lip-syncs are individual? Top 3 each do one and then top 2 each do one. It might be easier for the editors that way, but I'm interested to see how it plays out

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th May 2020, 12:07 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

OK so they are competitive lipsyncs:

A 3-way close-up
A individual performance they produced at home
A top 2 lipsync for the crown

Watching live, will be back to post my thoughts in the morning!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 30th May 2020, 01:34 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I hope we will never witness a lipsync for your crown from home ever again lol.

Congrats to Jaida. I think she got away with that individual performance of Ciara because that was basic as f.

Crystals I'm Like A Bird was genius...I loved it so much!!!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 30th May 2020, 01:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

God I just LOVED Jaida’s Ciara performance. 100% my fave winner ever after watching 19 series of it wow!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 30th May 2020, 02:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

I’m so proud of Jaida Essence Hall. An absolute star and in my all time faves list comfortably. Slay. clap.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 30th May 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Very happy for Jaida! Such a stunning queen. wub.gif Crystal and Gigi will surely kill it on a season of all stars in the future. <3

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 30th May 2020, 02:57 AM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 30th May 2020, 08:16 AM
Post #11
Group icon

GAH I am so happy with that result!

I thought one of the queens was a very clear 3rd in that episode & I spent half of it thinking she would get the win! Very happy that wasn't the case ohmy.gif

Those reveals & that final lipsync song sealed the deal for our winner though.

My biggest surprise of the night was the fact that Gigi didn't pull out any acrobatics in her lipsyncs! We know she can...

All in all that was a pretty great final! Lol @ Ru not being able to do her own makeup again tho laugh.gif

+Quote this post
152chris
post 30th May 2020, 08:49 AM
Post #12
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

crystal's i'm like a bird i just..... the universe peaked. there is no going back.

jaida's ciara performance was SHAKY but so glad they pulled a rigga morris to give her the win. she deserved it completely.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 30th May 2020, 09:23 AM
Post #13
Group icon

I thought Jaida really made the most of her skills given the limitations (dance, face, hair), and so did Crystal! Gigi on the other hand... it was a little basic.

Also if anyone wants the tea... a little birdie says that Miss Goode tried to bend the rules to film at a studio initially... before being told to re-record on threat of disqualification if she didn't.

Not surprising from someone who's already broken quarantine to film videos I guess...

This post has been edited by J00psyMethyd: 30th May 2020, 09:23 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th May 2020, 10:13 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I was elated for Jaida! I had a feeling she'd win but then with Gigi's performances I thought maybe she had it. I'd have been happy with any of the 3, but it just felt so right for Jaida.

I do have to say Gigi's Take On Me was outstanding, possibly the best performance anyone gave all season. But for me it was all about the raw talent Jaida has, she had the least to work with in terms of her set up but made the most of it. A lot of Ggi's talent comes from the wealth and privelege that afforded her beng able to put on a proudction at home like the Take On Me lipsync, and when the playing field was levelled it showed that Jaida had the most fire and passion to win. I feel like Gigi tends to need either a big performance and production to shine (look at her wins in the Rusicals) or it's her outfits that obviously she has more resources to make, or have made for her, but that's something Jaida always wins out on anyway. Which is fine, it doesn't take away from the fact that she has huge star power, but Jaida just has IT in spades no matter what and she fully deserved the win for that alone. Every time she performs, every time she speaks, every look she wears that she made with her own hands, she just exudes superstar. It says it all than in the lipsyncs where there were split screens, I found it really hard not to be fixated on Jaida.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 30th May 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #15
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I am thrilled Jaida won. I do think her Ciara lip sync was the weakest so when all three went though I was like hmmmm.

Crystal's 'Like A Bird' was sensational.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 30th May 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #16
Group icon

Jaida also needed the win more & it concludes her story arc. Gigi really gave me nothing this episode. The season is over and I feel I know nothing about her apart from that her mum is a costume designer and her family is supportive.

It's funny, Gigi was one of my favourites going in to the season but she's now become one of the ones I like the least. So much about her is things that make me lose respect for a person. Dishonesty, not having an interest in politics, not knowing where she comes from as an LGBT person. Now most recently, breaking quarantine and trying to cheat in the competition, and clearly having a really high opinion of herself compared to her co-competitors. Just didn't do it for me.

Crystal though, was such a triumph in this final and in the whole season. That I'm Like a Bird lipsync, the pinata look, the variance of looks she's given even across just the last two episodes - man, woman, animal, old, young. The fact she doesn't have the resources and backing behind her that some of the queens do, and just her general humour, good attitude & get up and go. I can definitely see her winning an AllStars in the future or just going on to a great career herself. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 30th May 2020, 01:35 PM
Post #17
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

SO happy for Jaida right now! cheer.gif wub.gif I was just sitting there waiting for him to announce Gigi as the winner, so the fact it didn't happen is all the better!

I feel like all of Gigi's lip syncs in that episode were really average? The visuals for Take on Me were great, I'll give her that, but besides that she did very little to wow and prove she deserved the crown? On the flip side, Crystal put her all into looking amazing and having a brilliant concept (that I'm Like a Bird performance was crazy amazing), and Jaida just went IN.

Up there as one of the very best winners of the show? Absolutely.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 30th May 2020, 02:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Very happy Jaida was our winner! The individual lip syncs were a very welcome part of the finale and something I would like to see be introduced into the regular show once everything is back to usual as it gives the queens the time to 100% be in control and produce something of their own! I thought Jaida held her own in the individual due to having the best performance rather than the production - I think she would've come out on top had this been on the stage. The other two were certainly impressive but Jaida's is what I thought when I heard of an 'at home' lip sync.

Crystal's pinata look was another WOW moment for me! I also found her 'I'm Like A Bird' lip sync a unique concept but didn't have the wow factor after the initial 'what is happening' moment. I did like the homemade backdrops though! Definitely pushing the boundaries of what drag is and I'm all for it!

I thought this was going to go to Gigi as she was the strongest for me across the three lip syncs she did. Her close-up one was the strongest which I did expect at the beginning and the Take On Me lip sync was cool also!

I know I'm not able to talk but I thought Ru might have put some effort in attempting her own makeup. Seems a bit rich of her to be the head judge of a competition like this when she can't even do her own makeup! Last week was fine as a one off as it gave a 'pyjama party face mask' look but it's a bit embarrassing to do it again this week.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 30th May 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #19
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Klumzeased* @ May 30 2020, 03:06 PM) *
I know I'm not able to talk but I thought Ru might have put some effort in attempting her own makeup. Seems a bit rich of her to be the head judge of a competition like this when she can't even do her own makeup! Last week was fine as a one off as it gave a 'pyjama party face mask' look but it's a bit embarrassing to do it again this week.

omg is this really true re. her not being able to do her own makeup? DeadBanana.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 30th May 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

QUOTE(Calum @ May 30 2020, 03:23 PM) *
omg is this really true re. her not being able to do her own makeup? DeadBanana.gif

yeah she normally has Raven do it for her doesn’t she? And before that it was that Matthu guy who was a guest in a season 2 episode

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:22 PM