BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2018: The Results, finished lol :(
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 2 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #41
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
in the final edition of conversations with myself & Jonjo we will have:
Batch 1 - Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Actress, Actor, Picture

Avengers: Infinity War - 3 (Ensemble, Action, Visual Effects)
Coco - 3 (Animation, Male Voice Performance, Female Voice Performance)
Crazy Rich Asians - 3 (Newcomer, Look & Style, BO Surprise)
A Quiet Place - 2 (Horror, Sci-Fi/Thriller)
Black Panther - 2 (Newcomer, Hero)
The Shape of Water - 2 (Score, Drama)
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 2 (POTY, Script)
Lady Bird - 1 (Character)
Oceans' 8 - 1 (Newcomer)
Roma - 1 (Director)
Fifty Shades Freed - 1 (Worst Film)
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1 (BO Disaster)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #42
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

01. A Quiet Place - Emily Blunt (3,3)
02. I, Tonya - Allison Janney (3,2)
03. Crazy Rich Asians - Michelle Yeoh (2,0)
04. Lady Bird - Laurie Metcalf (1,2)
05. Widows - Elizabeth Debicki (1,0)
06. The Shape of Water - Octavia Spencer (0,2)
07. Disobedience - Rachel McAdams (0,1)

and in the first acting category of the night, it's a VERY close win but Emily Blunt manages to win her 2nd Oscar for her turn in A Quiet Place! She's my pick to win here so I'm glad she managed to pull it off <3 such an excellent performance and her shock SAG real life win was amazing. She earns lots of support here but real-life Oscar winner Allison Janney literally finishes just behind in a nail biter of a race, that is only separated by 2nd preferences votes! Michelle Yeoh's fantastic turn in Crazy Rich Asians also picks up a lot of support to get a top 3 finish! Laurie Metcalf does solidly for her Oscar-nommed turn in Lady Bird and Elizabeth Debicki's incredibly underrated turn in Widows does surprisingly well enough to get a top 5 finish! Octavia's Oscar-nommed performance in The Shape of Water just beats Rachel McAdams in disobedience, neither got any first preference votes but managed to pick up some 2nd preference votes. I love Octavia in TSOW and was so glad she cracked the Oscar lineups and McAdams here was such an inspired and fabulous nomination, she's great in Disobedience!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #43
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

01. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Sam Rockwell (4,0)
02. A Star Is Born - Sam Elliott (2,0)
03. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Woody Harrelson (1,3)
04. I, Tonya - Sebastian Stan (1,2)
05. Black Panther - Michael B. Jordan (1,1)
06. Lady Bird - Lucas Hedges (1,0)
07. A Quiet Place - Noah Jupe (0,4)

However easily managing to repeat their Oscar win was Sam Rockwell for his performance in 3 Billboards. It's a v. good performance but I don't get the winning awards aha. Anyway he comfortably wins here with 4 1st preference votes, the most preference vogues in the acting categories. Sam Elliott gets enough support from the A Star Is Born lovers to come 2nd here, an over performance! <3 such a small but hard hitting performance <3 3 Billboards manages to get both of its Oscar nominated stars into the top 3 here, a fab performance for the film as Woody Harrelson picks up most of the 2nd preference votes for the film lovers that voted for Rockwell! Sebastian Stan also puts up a strong showing for his performance in I, Tonya and Michael B. Jordan's superhero turn and Lucas Hedges underrated fab performance in Lady Bird also manage to pick up first preference votes. and despite getting the most 2nd preference votes, Noah Jupe fails to pick up any 1st preference votes and comes last (just one first preference vote and he would've come 3rd!). such a fab performance and shows what a star he's going to became, can he do better this year?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #44
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST ACTOR

01. Star Is Born - Bradley Cooper (3,2)
02. Love, Simon - Nick Robinson (3,0)
03. Bohemian Rhapsody - Rami Malek (2,2)
04. BlacKkKlansman - John David Washington (1,2)
04. Phantom Thread - Daniel Day Lewis (1,2)
06. A Quiet Place - John Krasinski (0,2)
07. First Man - Ryan Gosling (0,0)

Yassss heart.gif heart.gif I'm so glad B-Coop managed to pull off the win here! He is utterly fantastic in A Star Is Born and gives easily one of the best performances of the year <3 I'm glad he won this, managing to win a tight 3-way race by 2nd preference votes *.* It was heartbreaking seeing his locked real life Actor win slip away as the season went further on so at least he got some justice here! Nick Robinson does v. well for Love, Simon and nearly managed to pull off the win! that dreadful performance comes 3rd, all I'm talking about it but ew did not expect it to have that much support. watch Rami Malek in Short Term 12 for a better performance x triple-named actors John David Washington & Daniel Day Lewis come joint 4th for their raved performances in Oscar favourites, both great performances so glad they got some attention here! like his co-star, John Krasinski also fails to pick up any 1st preference votes but he got enough 2nd preference votes to place 6th. A great performance! and Ryan Gosling, oops x It's a v. good performance but I can see how most people would rank this 4th/5th in a line-up so I'm not too surprised that he failed to pick up any votes, esp as the film didn't really get any other mentions in these awards

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:43 PM
Post #45
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST ACTRESS

01. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Frances McDormand (3,0)
02. Hereditary - Toni Collette (2,2)
02. I, Tonya - Margot Robbie (2,2)

04. A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga (2,1)
05. The Shape Of Water - Sally Hawkins (1,2)
06. Lady Bird - Saoirse Ronan (0,2)
07. Mary Poppins Returns - Emily Blunt (0,1)

what a tight category!! but performance of the year winner Frances McDormand manages to win again!! A great and fantastic performance that also won the Oscar in real life. 3 billboards is rly over performing at these! Frances only just about manages to win though as if Toni, Margot or Gaga all got just 1 more 1st preference vote, they would've all won!! In joint 2nd place we have Toni Collette for her fearless turn in Hereditary and Margot Robbie's Oscar nominated turn in I, Tonya! Both are utterly fantastic and two of my fave performances of the year, I'm surprised both managed to finish that high though aha! Margot nearly winning her 2nd buzzjack Oscar ohmy.gif and does Toni's fab performance bode well for Florence Pugh this year? In some surprising results, Lady Gaga only manages to finish as high as 4th despite receiving some support. I def would've predicted she won this with her buzzjack icon status! Anyway this is my fave performance of the year and I'm so glad how acclaimed it was, a fantastic performance <3 Sally Hawkins also does really well here for her Oscar nominated performance but only comes 5th in a v. tight race, finishing behind Gaga when it was the reverse in performance of the year! Rounding us off and only getting 2nd preference votes were Saoirse Ronan's Oscar-nommed performance in Lady Bird and Emily Blunt finishing on the opposite end to her results in supporting actress! both great performances but this category was so tough aha

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:48 PM
Post #46
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST PICTURE

01. A Star Is Born (3,1)
02. Love, Simon (2,2)
03. Avengers: Infinity War (2,0)
04. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (1,2)
05. Coco (1,1)
06. Bohemian Rhapsody (1,0)
06. Hereditary (1,0)
08. A Quiet Place (0,5)
09. Mary Poppins Returns (0,0)
09. The Incredibles 2 (0,0)

and in a kinda surprise win after its solid but unspectacular performance, the big A Star Is Born fans managed to come out in full force as it wins Best Picture cheer.gif a fantastic masterpiece and I'm so glad it managed to pull off the win! <3 Unsurprisingly completing the top 3 are Love, Simon & Infinity War which both pull off strong performances. 3 Boillboards continues its excellent over performance in these awards finishing 4th and Coco shows it had more strength than just sweeping the animation categories with a 5th place finish! That piece of trash got a vote and finishes joint 6th with Hereditary which is surprisingly the highest placed horror here! A Quiet Place really underperforms in finishing 8th, but then is just also SO unlucky here as it picks up nearly half of the 2nd place preferences but nobody voting for it as their fave harms it sad.gif and we have 2 nul pointers oops as The Incredibles 2 failed to inspire passion and Mary Poppins Returns performed really strongly in the nom phase of these awards but failed to convert these noms to wins! (I really didn't realise it did that well!). I'm sure we'll have some 2019 BP noms on 0 votes too considering some of the films that made the line-up aha kink.gif

Thx Jonjo for commenting along and anyone else that's read <3 hope y'all enjoyed and feel free to drop a comment!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2020, 11:50 PM
Post #47
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Win Count:
A Star Is Born - 6 (Picture, Actor, Song, Soundtrack, Scene, Poster)

Love, Simon - 5 (Ensemble, Adaptation, Comedy, Movie Couple, Underrated)

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 4 (Actress, Supporting Actor, POTY, Script)

A Quiet Place - 3 (Supporting Actress, Horror, Sci-Fi/Thriller)
Avengers: Infinity War - 3 (Ensemble, Action, Visual Effects)
Coco - 3 (Animation, Male Voice Performance, Female Voice Performance)
Crazy Rich Asians - 3 (Newcomer, Look & Style, BO Surprise)

Black Panther - 2 (Newcomer, Hero)
The Shape of Water - 2 (Score, Drama)

Lady Bird - 1 (Character)
Oceans' 8 - 1 (Newcomer)
Roma - 1 (Director)
Fifty Shades Freed - 1 (Worst Film)
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1 (BO Disaster)

okay ASIB didn't underperform as much as I expected with it winning the most awards kink.gif I low-key did think all of ASIB/LS/Infinity War would pick up a couple more wins they did but maybe the split factor between three strong fanbases prevented that from happening haha. 3 billboards is def the overperformer!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 4 2020, 01:42 AM
Post #48
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Nahhhhh. Not having it. NOPE.

'Avengers: Infinity War' is the greatest movie in existence. That should have won. ASIB whilst good, is overrated. 'Love, Simon' should have snatched it instead! wub.gif

The acting categories I couldn't disagree with though. Especially Sam Rockwell wub.gif

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post Jun 6 2020, 06:11 AM
Post #49
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109
Sorry that I missed this! ohmy.gif

But I agree with Jonjo, A Star is Born winning over Infinity War is a disgrace!

Thanks for doing this though, I enjoyed reading it biggrin.gif When you do the 2019 results, would it be possible to put who voted for what in each category because

a) I can't ever remember what I voted for and
b) If Endgame doesn't win, I can go after the people who didn't vote for it thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 6 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #50
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Nightcrawler @ Jun 6 2020, 07:11 AM) *
Sorry that I missed this! ohmy.gif

But I agree with Jonjo, A Star is Born winning over Infinity War is a disgrace!

Thanks for doing this though, I enjoyed reading it biggrin.gif When you do the 2019 results, would it be possible to put who voted for what in each category because

a) I can't ever remember what I voted for and
b) If Endgame doesn't win, I can go after the people who didn't vote for it thumbup.gif
THIS!

ALL. OF. THIS.

biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:59 AM