BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sarah Harding • Coronation Street Discussion, Appearing in 4 episodes this summer
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Apr 1 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Apparently Sarah is joining the cast of Corrie! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I don't think this is an April Fools? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sean.: Apr 1 2015, 08:23 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 1 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #2
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
Looks like it's not a joke: http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/s...oming-to-corrie

"Sarah will make a guest appearance in four episodes to be transmitted in the summer.

Exact details of her storylines are being kept under wraps, but she will play a feisty character who is going to make life difficult for troublemaker Tracy Barlow.

Sarah whose acting credits include Bad Day, the BBC television film Freefall, Run for your Wife and St Trinians 2: The legend of Fritton’s Gold, will start filming in May."

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Apr 1 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
!!!!! Omg, I cannot WAIT

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 1 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
This is exciting news for Sarah! I thought it was an April fool but she's not really that relevant to warrant one :sarah: This definitely deserves its own thread.

+Quote this post
London
post Apr 2 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053
Ah good on her. I don't watch Corrie but I'll make an exception.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Apr 2 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
What a fantastic opportunity for Sarah! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Apr 3 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
Yeah, I never watch it but certainly will in this case.

Great opportunity to show off her acting ability to a wider audience. I hope the reaction is positive.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Apr 3 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Four episodes will fly by! Hopefully it'll lead to something more long term!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
She is playing the wife of Tracey Barlow's ex-husband Robert, and Tracey ends up sleeping with him!

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Apr 6 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I saw the title of this article and I thought call her Nadine then scrolled down and saw the poll of what could they name her rotf.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tv-film-news/s...aracter-5460717

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Apr 15 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The thought of having one fifth of Girls Aloud hanging out in the Rovers Return and sashaying her way down Coronation Street fills us with ABSOLUTE JOY.

And 33-year-old Sarah Harding couldn't be more excited, too, after she told Now all about her role at M&M's Election Launch Party.

‘It was in the pipeline for a while because they all know I'm a big fan,' she revealed. 'I did some charity work with Good Morning Britain last year and I got chatting to one of the producers. They knew I was a fan because I was just going mental like, "Wow! Audrey! Aaargh!" They said, "You act don't you?" And I said "Yes".'

And it really was as simple as that.

Sarah admitted that she didn't even have to audition for the role - ‘I was quite lucky' - and the producers instead checked out her acting skills on YouTube.

When asked about fellow popstar Shayne Ward's rumoured role in the soap - he has auditioned and even admitted he'd ‘be completely up for' an on-screen romance with Sarah - Sarah did not confirm, but blushed:

‘I know, I heard! Bless him. It wouldn't be awkward because Shayne and I auditioned together right back at the beginning when we did Pop Stars. I was really good friends with his elder sister. He's like a little brother to me, so I'd probably be really comfortable. But [kissing him]would be a bit weird, yeah.'

Sarah also revealed that she's ‘looking forward to stirring things up a bit, it will be fun' and that ‘it'll be nice to try my hand at acting again, I've missed it.'

‘Cheryl congratulated me,' said Sarah, speaking about the day the news broke. ‘My phone didn't stop that day, all of them were texting me.'

And could the role be long term? ‘You never know, you never know,' Sarah said.

Here's hoping!

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-new...-brother#image3

Great to hear there could be a chance at a more permanent role for Sarah!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Apr 15 2015, 12:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
I really hope that will be the case, it would be brilliant if she got a permanent role! I don't watch Coronation Street but I'll definitely watch her first episode.

+Quote this post
jakee
post Apr 15 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
she's only 33?! ohmy.gif

i thought she was a decade older than that~

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 9 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Sarah Harding is "terrified" about appearing In Coronation Street this summer.

Last month, Coronation Street bosses announced that Sarah Harding would appear in four episodes of the ITV soap.

In an interview with The Sun, the former Girls Aloud singer said: I'm really terrified because people have made such a big deal about it.

"It's been a while since I've acted and Corrie is such a big deal. It's made me more nervous."

Harding will play an unnamed nemesis of Tracy Barlow in the ITV soap and recently admitted she didn't have to audition for the role.

"It definitely feels an exciting time. I'm a huge Corrie fan. I'd love it if my character could pop in and out for years."

The 33-year-old added: "The level of secrecy has been totally insane. I have to really watch what I say. My mum reads all those soap magazines and is always telling me, 'This is going to happen'. I've told her a few things but not everything."

The former Girls Aloud singer will appear in the soap this summer.

Aww bless her heehee.gif Very excited for her to make her debut!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post May 18 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's her first day of filming biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post May 22 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
When are the episodes set to air, again?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 15 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Coronation Street spoilers: Sarah Harding reveals her on-screen fight with Tracy Barlow

Coronation Street airs Sarah Harding's first scenes next week as she makes a dramatic debut as Robert Preston's wife Joni.

The former Girls Aloud singer will appear on the ITV soap for a short stint, which will see Joni discover that Tracy Barlow has become a rival for Robert's affections.

Here, Sarah chats about her time on set and the battle ahead with Tracy!

How did your involvement in Coronation Street come about?
"I was on the Corrie set last year with Good Morning Britain as I was doing the Great Meal Appeal. We got chatting and everyone could see that I'm a really big fan of the show. I went a bit mental running round the set getting pictures outside Audrey's, The Rovers, Roy's Rolls and the ginnel, as everyone probably saw on my Twitter! I was very excited!

"I've been a fan of the show for years. My mum's side of the family are all from up north. So I said to my manager, 'Do you think they'd be up for me making a cameo appearance?' I've done some acting before as I've appeared in a few films."

Did you have to keep it a secret?
"I did! I didn't really tell anyone, only my mum and my fella. I was so excited but nervous at the same time. I'm honoured to have a part in this programme but I was a bit overwhelmed with it! It's a lot of pressure as well. When it got announced, no-one believed it because it was April Fool's Day! I was like, 'Yeah, it's true!'"

How have your fans responded to the news?
"They are so excited. But I really hope I can do the Coronation Street audience justice as well as my fans. I hope I can cross over."

There's already been talk of you returning for more than your current stint of 4 episodes. Would you like to come back?
"I think it depends on the storyline and obviously I've got my music coming out this summer, so there's loads going on for me. But obviously I'd love to come back and do some more bits and bobs. We don't know at the moment but we're just going to wait and see what happens."

Will there be trouble ahead between Joni and Tracy Barlow?
"I was thrown in at the deep end, I really was! I started filming on the first day with Kate Ford who plays Tracy. She is the complete opposite of her character, she's so lovely. I did scenes with Kate, Tristan Gemmill who plays Robert and Lisa George who plays Beth. It was really nerve-wrecking.

"We were filming on location, so there were paparazzi and there was a lot to learn. We actually filmed at a restaurant in Didsbury where I used to go to! But it was good fun, I got to give Tracy a slap! I'd be screaming and shouting at her, but as soon as they said 'cut' we'd be laughing and giggling!"

Is Joni shocked when she finds out that Robert is pursuing Tracy?
"Yeah, it is a shock. Joni has moved up with Robert to help run his restaurant, but he's still holding a torch for Tracy. Joni's not happy about it at all, so I play a woman on the edge but she is vulnerable at the same time.

"She does come across as angry and feisty, but she is also hurting and people have got to remember that. If you caught your husband having an affair, you would be, wouldn't you?"

What has Robert and Joni's marriage been like?
"Joni says something like, 'I was expecting a lot more from the way you go on about her!' Joni is aware that she's not living up to Tracy's standards. But then she turns up and sees Tracy and she's like, 'Really? Is that what I'm up against?'

"She is constantly in Tracy's shadow. She is living a lie really and trying to believe that Robert will fall madly in love with her over time, but he's never really lost that torch for Tracy. She is shocked when she sees them together and there are fireworks!"

What were your first scenes on the famous Corrie cobbles like?
"It's weird, it's such a massive institution. I shot on the cobbles for the time a few weeks ago with Malcom Hebden who plays Norris. That was good fun. Joni is trying to bang down Tracy's front door and poor Norris gets in the firing line!"

How does Corrie compare to doing films?
"Corrie is very fast-paced. You have to learn on the spot sometimes. But with films you have a lot longer to do read-throughs and run-throughs. It's very different with soaps, so for me it's been a learning curve and it's not always been easy but I'm so glad I've done it. It's been a massive honour as well, because Corrie is one of my favourite soaps."

Would you like your future to be in music or acting?
"Side by side, I think. I love my music but I love to think I have other options. I did train in acting when I was younger, which a lot of people don't know. It mixes things up a little bit and keeps things interesting. I think these days you need to be more of an all-rounder."

Have your former Girls Aloud bandmates been positive about you joining Corrie?
"Oh, they've been great. I don't know if you saw their tweets but they've been really supportive. I spoke to Kimberley a few weeks ago, but we're all so busy that it's impossible to get us all in one room together at the moment.

"I was supposed to be there the other week when they got together. I kind of arranged that but I missed out because I had to work. But things are just mental busy at the moment. I've done Celebrity MasterChef, Corrie and my music, but it's great to be busy."

What kind of reaction do you think you'll get from appearing on Corrie?
"I think it's going to be a mixed reaction. People are going to be expecting a high standard. As long as I'm prepared for that, I think it will be fine. For me and Shayne Ward who's also joining, we are probably going to be under a lot of criticism and scrutiny. It's one of the nation's biggest soaps, so there are going to be people who go, 'Oh, she can't act!'

"But I'm looking on the positive side. I've done something I really loved doing and I've met some really lovely people. Northerners are so friendly. Everyone on the cast has been so lovely. I would have loved to have had a scene with Beverly Callard who plays Liz or Alison King who plays Carla but I'm just happy that Corrie happened."

Are you doing anything special for when your first episode airs?
"I am my own worst enemy when it comes to watching myself back. I was even scared about what they were going to show on MasterChef! I'm my own worst critic, I'm the same with the music. I'll probably watch it with my mum!"

Did you know Shayne Ward before joining Corrie?
"We both auditioned for Popstars: The Rivals. He was only 16 at the time and his sister Lisa chaperoned him. So we all got the train down from Stockport and had seats together to go to the London auditions. We all got to know each other and I made really good friends with his sister Lisa. She was more my age. Shayne was only a bubba, bless him!

"But then he made his comeback on The X Factor. I'm really proud of Shayne. He's really grown into a dashing young man! I think he'll fit in really well with the Corrie set. He was in War Of The Worlds last year and is a great little actor and is a proper Northerner! He's a real Manc."

How's everything going outside of work?
"I live outside of London these days in Buckinghamshire. It feels like I've got five children as I've got five animals. I've got three French bulldogs and two Persian cats. That is harder than children! Trying to keep on top of a house with that many animals and keeping your clothes clean and hair-free is impossible!

"I live the country life now. I've got a vegetable patch and everything. I've been planting beetroots. I'm definitely more content. I'm far removed from London these days. I'm out of the loop on a lot of things and having to get my head round social media a lot more. I really notice the noise when I'm in a busy place. I'm so used to the peace at night now - the sound of owls. I'm like an old woman!"

Coronation Street airs Sarah's first scenes as Joni on Thursday, July 23 at 8.30pm on ITV.

And some pics:

I am SO excited for this laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 15 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
She looks so far from what she used to look like that maybe we'll see the character rather than "oh it's Sarah". tongue.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Jul 19 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #19
Group icon
You can see a preview clip here! (It's Thursday's clip)

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 19 2015, 02:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I-CON-IC.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:48 AM