BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nuggets 11 - CONFIRMATIONS, Like, music shouldn't be reduced to sales numbers!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 8th April 2019, 10:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Good mornin', Looks like today's going to be another, perfect, tropical day!

You know, I remember, I hosted the eleventh Unknown Pleasures also. Isn't that a neato coincidence! jump.gif

heart.gif So, that aside, it's been like, eleventy thousand years since the last Nuggets, and that time Cucumberellaerybabes won but this time he's so busy hosting that other song contest that he also won because he's like, so amazing at this that the indie mods asked me to do it because I came second with like the best music genre in existence. Yay, Izzy gets to host things and delight you all with my outstanding turns of wit and phrase and other writing thingies. Welcome to the Eleventh BUZZJACK NUGGETS SONG COMPETITIOOOONNNNNN! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

So, first, the rulesy-rules.

1. All songs you may submit MUST feature a guitar. Izzy thinks they're the best musical instrument and he's always 100% right, so nothing without a guitar will be allowed.

2. No songs or artists that have reached the top 75 of the UK Singles Chart or the UK Albums Chart. Izzy knows this isn't a problem for you guys because the charts are stupid and no one looks at them anyway! Actually that might make it a problem if you accidentally entered something that had charted and you didn't know. Wouldn't that be awful? You'd still get your song blocked though!

3. Apparently we still have a release schedule. Who knew?! Anyway, it's here. Please don't enter anything from that either, that would be bad. A wise man once said "Release schedules are bad things as they make life orderly". You know, I completely agree with that! Wonder who said it.

4. You can't send any song that was previously sent to a Nuggets, Unknown Pleasures or BJSC contest. Izzy doesn't know why you'd want to, it's just boring doing the same things again and again. Which is just like that time I got stuck in a loop and had to say everything twice. Which is just like that time I got stuck in a loop and had to say everything twice. Oh, look, there I go again. Oh, look, there I go again. You can't send any song that was previously sent to a Nuggets, Unknown Pleasures or BJSC contest. I feel like that's an important rule.

5. If a song or artist gets confirmed to me twice, then the person who sent it will get to enter the song. You'd better be fast! Get those confirmations rolling in!

6. This is an anonymous contest. No telling anyone what song you've entered from THIS MOMENT until THE MOMENT I reveal you in the results page. If you reveal yourself ahead of time Izzy will, unfortunately, very sadly, have to replace your entry with a random song from Nuclear Blast Records. And it's not going to be a cute gothic orchestral band either.

7. Lindsey and Seven will be monitoring your confirmations and making sure that they all fit within the spirit of the rules. Which means as the host I can just take it easy! Yay!

8. The host will, or may, switch personalities randomly. Izzy really wouldn't want you to get bored, this is supposed to be an exciting, happy time, where you don't know what's coming. However, long results pages keeping such a daring writing trend up may tax his brain cells. And then he'd be much more likely to make a mistake. That's not a rule. Oops. Guess we've finished.

So come and shoot me with your messaging arrow fingers very quickly now. PM Iz~ to enter.

Artist Name:
Song Title:
Audio Link (Youtube please! Other sites also available):
MP3 (Izzy only accepts lossless but will take anything really):

The confirmations will close at 23:59 BST on April 15th, 2019. Almost a whole week to decide what BANGERS you'll be unleashing upon the rest of us. And let's be real, we want to make them BANGERS.

Come and party with me!!!! party.gif

Confirmations
Iz~
Mattias
Jade
Jupiter
Chez Wombat
Cody
Dalek
Linds
Cucumberella
King Rollo
Bre
Algernon Monqueef
WhoOdyssey
Riser
Dandy*
PeteFromLeeds
SevenSeize
NocheLuna
Jacob
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th April 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Yay another song contest to add to the three we've got going on already! cheer.gif

Seriously though I'm excited about this, no idea what I'm going to send yet but I'm not short on indie songs so I'm sure I'll find something.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th April 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #3
Group icon

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Apr 8 2019, 10:25 AM) *
Yay another song contest to add to the three we've got going on already! cheer.gif

Seriously though I'm excited about this, no idea what I'm going to send yet but I'm not short on indie songs so I'm sure I'll find something.

Yeah with regards to that part, I've planned this so that it should work out okay for all of you guys who like to 100% every song contest. It's at a great point in the BJSC cycle, as we're several weeks away from there being new songs to vote on now. As for the others, Club Bizarre goes up soon so isn't clashing too much with this one. I guess the same for the Sports one you're trying.

Besides I'll probably (unconfirmed) give you two weeks to vote, that's always been my preference with indie contests.

+Quote this post
m
post 8th April 2019, 10:44 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Apr 8 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Four wink.gif Never forget the almighty Shoutbox Song Contest! (although if I don't get a few more entries, I'll probably just leave it as 7 seems a bit subpar xo Or maybe just ask people to vote for their top 3 haha)

I decided what I'll send to this ages ago so I guess I'll be confirming early. Not right now tho as maybe something even better will pop up. Also the OP was a bit of a ride.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 8th April 2019, 10:53 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

QUOTE(Mattias @ Apr 8 2019, 11:44 AM) *
Four wink.gif Never forget the almighty Shoutbox Song Contest! (although if I don't get a few more entries, I'll probably just leave it as 7 seems a bit subpar xo Or maybe just ask people to vote for their top 3 haha)

I decided what I'll send to this ages ago so I guess I'll be confirming early. Not right now tho as maybe something even better will pop up. Also the OP was a bit of a ride.

I would still like to hear what the other cat/dog songs were so please go ahead with it. Everyone who hasn't entered yet,please think of a cat/dog song and send it in.

+Quote this post
m
post 8th April 2019, 11:16 AM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Apr 8 2019, 11:53 AM) *
I would still like to hear what the other cat/dog songs were so please go ahead with it. Everyone who hasn't entered yet,please think of a cat/dog song and send it in.

Thanks for your support! It would be nice to reveal the songs of course, there are some cool entries in there. tbh I doubt I'll get any more (unless Bré makes Jade enter some kind of fabulous cat tune xo) so I'll hang on for a tiny bit longer and then reveal a little list.

Anyway this is about NUGGETS biggrin.gif Yay Nuggets!!!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 8th April 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #7
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Yeah this seems like a fine time to have this, there have been far more unmanageable periods of song contest overload before with clashing deadlines and whatnot.

I found a song a few weeks ago that would have been perfect for this but I now kind of want to possibly hang onto it for BJSC 114 hmmm. I will probably have a look for something new.

Aside: this contest is quite a déjŕ vu, Iz forever hosting the 11th edition of genre forum contests after coming 2nd in the 10th edition. Excited for your Club Bizarre 10 runner-up tongue.gif (I presume Lew was too busy for this, understandably ~)

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 8th April 2019, 11:52 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

Fabulous. Will have to get my thinking hat on for what to submit.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 8th April 2019, 11:55 AM
Post #9
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Well how coincidental that I found a perfect song for this the other day! It's very pagan tribe-esque, will send later.

+Quote this post
m
post 8th April 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Entered! I briefly toyed with the idea of sending another potential entry I've had for ages for this but went with the one I've been more set on for a while now.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th April 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Wow my contest feels so long ago (July I'd like to say??), very pleased to see it being followed up now as I found something suitable a few months ago *.* just confirmed, I think this could either catch on and be a smash or could go over the heads of people and be a big flop, there's no in between

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th April 2019, 02:05 AM
Post #12
Group icon

I think I've decided on an artist to send but stuck between a few different songs thinking.gif

+Quote this post
m
post 10th April 2019, 10:41 AM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 10 2019, 03:05 AM) *
I think I've decided on an artist to send but stuck between a few different songs thinking.gif

I mean if you're reeally stuck, why not go for the song whose title starts with the letter closest to N magic.gif

(Jade randomly choosing my BJSC entry once teas)

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 10th April 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

I'm stuck between 2!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th April 2019, 12:15 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Mattias @ Apr 10 2019, 11:41 AM) *
I mean if you're reeally stuck, why not go for the song whose title starts with the letter closest to N magic.gif

(Jade randomly choosing my BJSC entry once teas)

I think I decided on one now and it may or may not have followed this advice thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 10th April 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

i thought i had nothing but i remember i loved a couple of the support bands i saw at a gig recently so i'm using this as an excuse to finally go through their spotify wub.gif

expect some edgy pop punk x

+Quote this post
Brer
post 11th April 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Changed my mind again and gone back to the song I was originally planning to send here after all (switching the one I confirmed earlier to now be my next BJSC entry instead so Iz got a hot spoiler ~)

I may or may not end up regretting doing this. (waiting for them to both flop anyway x)

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 13th April 2019, 10:29 PM
Post #18
Group icon

I must remember to enter this tomorrow!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 14th April 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #19
Group icon

Entered an indie banger!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 15th April 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #20
Group icon

Last day to confirm, drop me a quick PM if you're interested in taking part!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:44 AM