BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> "Run the World (Girls)" • First Single, from '4'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Lovett™
post Apr 11 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344
The song is weird as hell. Probably the most jarring thing she's done since "Ring The Alarm" in my opinion.

She's definitely taking a risk here. It's a weird dark/tribal/club/urban song. The vocals range from "Telephone" verse vocals, "Diva" verse vocals with a lot of weird vocal effects you can hear throughout the song with the producers playing with the pitch.

It's a club banger x 1000000. Not no corny Lady Gaga/Rihanna $h!t either. No shade. It's more tribal/urban tinged.

"Girl! WHO RUN THE WOLRD? Girl! We run this MOTHA! GIRL! WHO RUN THIS MOTHA? GIRL!" is the hook/chant.

And there's a weird/goofy little b-section that loops in the song too. She's harmonizing with herself.

There's a part where she is completely rapping/flowing too. I know that sounds crazy, but the song is crazy!

The intro is like some dark Sleigh Bells/Dubstep $h!t that has some really weird chant before the drums kick in and Bey starts the hook. Definitely an anthem!
More on the choreography. No males will be dancing except these 2 African men that do this sick solo African intro with footwork at the top of the routine. There may be more, but at the meeting today only those 2 men were dancing. One of the choreographers was an African guy from an African dance company. Bey will have an army of like 100 or more girls. 20 of them will be doing the choreography with her and there will be like 100 of them behind her carrying sticks and marching. Men will be used as props and actors with the girls coming all in their faces and intimidating them. Again, the concept wasn't revealed so that's just connecting the dots with the choreography and small information that was given. It definitely looks like Bey will have an army or lesion of girls for one of the scenes that is presumably being shot on the 13th. Expect a full out dance number with lots of choreography.
This song is "Diva"/"Telephone" mixed for vocals. She's not belting or really doing any runs.

Throughout the song there's this b-section that she does that slows down the song for a minute and she's harmonizing with herself. It's like in her lower register kinda. J, help me out a little bit. It's hard to explain.

She's chanting rap/singing more than giving you full out vocal performance for most of the song, though.

It will be satisfying.
The intro sounds like a darker version of how "Kids" by Sleigh Bells starts off. It has that dubstep sound.
The"Pon De Floor" sample is definitely a direct lift, but there's a lot of $h!t going on with the production. It may be one of her most sonically full songs. The intro itself sounds like a completely different song until the drums kick in about 45 seconds into the song. And by full, I mean it is not ABDCEFG or even close to being generic or simple. You won't grasp everything in the first few listens.

And apparently samples the drum beat, :46.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Apr 11 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #2
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
This sounds MINDBLOWING. w00t.gif

+Quote this post
YÜYI
post Apr 11 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 11,081
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Apr 11 2011, 10:55 AM) *
This sounds MINDBLOWING. w00t.gif

Dont it JUST!!! yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post Apr 11 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Forgot to add:
My friend got there and there were like 200 or more people in the room. A lot of Bey's old dancers and probably every major dancer and choreographer you could think of. The song is called "Girl". The video is being directed by Francis Lawrence. He was also there. 8 or 9 choreographers contributed to the routine. Danielle Polanco and Luam were 2 of those choreographers. Beyoncé was there of course going over the routine and they were figuring out which pieces of the choreography they would be showcasing in the music video. The theme of "Girl" is like a female empowerment/girl power type of song that is a definite club banger with Top 40/Worldly appeal. The beat is driven by a sample of a popular club song that a lot of you will probably recognize. There's a breakdown in the song that is described as absolutely **** disgustingly sick! Definitely an anthem in the style of her singing. My friend couldn't remember exact lyrics, but "Girl...girl....girl" is repeated a lot through out the song.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 11 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
NU Telephone??? ohmy.gif I f***ing LOOOOOVVVEEEE Bey, her comeback is second only to Gaga's in my book!

(I know neither are 'comebacks' per se but oh well)

GOD I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 11 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD!

I cannot WAIT for this single/album, and all of those descriptions of the song make it sound EPIC! I hope it's a huge summer anthem!

+Quote this post
Chris_2k14
post Apr 11 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,347
I hope to GOD its nothing like Diva!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 11 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
^ Exactly what I was thinking .... that put me off instantly. Vile song.

+Quote this post
YÜYI
post Apr 11 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 11,081
QUOTE(THEO. @ Apr 11 2011, 11:49 AM) *
OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD!

I cannot WAIT for this single/album, and all of those descriptions of the song make it sound EPIC! I hope it's a huge summer anthem!

This heart.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Apr 11 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #10
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
This is looking like it'll be amazing!
And 'Pon de Floor' sample?! OH MY

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 11 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I'm thinking NU TELEPHONE (wub.gif), a tiny bit of Diva (not too much hopefully, the song's average at best) plus the kind of beat of Britney's HIAM/TTWE utilises AMAZINGLY.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Apr 11 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I hope it's not TOO urban. Me no likey Beyonce when she too urban, me no likey at all. Club banger I can DEAL WITH (infact, just make it club banger and drop the urban k?)

Didn't Destiny's Child have a song called 'Girl'? Confusing.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 11 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I'M YO GURL, YO MA GURL, WE YO GURLS. DONCHA KNOW THAT WE LOVE YA.

Yeah, they did. Which is what slightly confused me when I first saw this topic on the main page. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 11 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(THEO. @ Apr 11 2011, 05:20 PM) *
I'M YO GURL, YO MA GURL, WE YO GURLS. DONCHA KNOW THAT WE LOVE YA.

Yeah, they did. Which is what slightly confused me when I first saw this topic on the main page. laugh.gif

I was thinking 'why is there a thread for an old DC single' laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Apr 11 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I've just properly read the first post...Sleigh Bells-esque intro?! SO excited for this and I've never been a huge fan of her music in the past really.

This post has been edited by Cremey: Apr 11 2011, 04:26 PM

+Quote this post
artpopchris
post Apr 11 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,054
SO EXCITED.

Pon De Floor! wub.gif

Can't Fuucking WAIT. w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post Apr 11 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Slick @ Apr 11 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Didn't Destiny's Child have a song called 'Girl'? Confusing.

Yes they did. It's the same thing as with their song 'If', Beyoncé also had a song called 'If' on B'Day.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post Apr 11 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
MartianLeaks Mister Martian
Beyoncé's new single is enshrouded in dark drumlines and bass. It starts of almost like "American Noise" and jumps into the dance genre.
4 minutes ago

MartianLeaks Mister Martian
What should we expect from Beyoncé's new single? Bass. Lots of bass. No typical Beyoncé screaming and runs. Hints of dubstep. Dancehall.
8 minutes ago

+Quote this post
▲▲▲
post Apr 11 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #19
Group icon
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
User: 155
PON DE FLOOR? SLEIGH BELLS? SWITCH? DIPLO?

Fuck.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post Apr 11 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
@luel14: Beyonce on the set of girl dressed in this amazing tribal African costume. Epic

+Quote this post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:36 AM