BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 // Dragracadabra
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 29th April 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Mini challenge: Balls To The Wall
Main challenge: Perform a magic show
Guest judges: Gina Rodriguez and Katherine Langford
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post 1st May 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Are they doing these magic shows in groups or on their own? I thought it was kinda gonna be like the roasts, but with magic instead of a roast but it seems a lot more group-centred than I expected in the trailer.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd May 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I thought the groups bits we saw might be one of those group performance things prior to the actual challenge (like in the Farm To Runway challenge), I guess it could work either way but with something like magic one person going wrong can just f*** the whole thing up as opposed to just not standing out in a lipsync or dance so hmm.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 3rd May 2019, 02:33 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Nah, she is FAR from a favourite of mine but I'm not sure I've seen many bigger RIGGA MORRIS jobs than this. Shuga was better than ANYONE from the other team. DA FUQ?

+Quote this post
tommie
post 3rd May 2019, 05:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

I agreed with Shuga - her being in the bottom made no sense. It's obvious that they felt she was coasting and considered her a filler queen.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd May 2019, 05:42 AM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I told y’all this season started to go downhill when Scarlet left!

I just want to know how A’keria and Silky managed to have lukewarm performances yet avoid the bottom 2? Silky is engaging but I find her to be a monotone performer. And I know I praised her Snatch Game but she got lucky she chose someone with a nearly identical vibe (I mean it makes sense if you’ve watched TS Madison’s WOW Presents videos). Even more disappointing is A’keria who did a decent job with the magic performance but didn’t pull off a decent runway look.

Speaking of which, is it just me or did none of the runway looks jump out at all? I liked Brooke’s Queen Of Asgard look but other than that they all seemed forgettable. She’s gonna steamroll this competition isn’t she tongue.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 3rd May 2019, 05:54 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Golden Maknae @ May 3 2019, 05:42 AM) *
I just want to know how A’keria and Silky managed to have lukewarm performances yet avoid the bottom 2?

It just reminds me of years ago when a reality show producer (not Drag Race) pretty much admitted they had a expected elimination order at the start of each season and that really didn't change much. It's obvious Shuga was used as a talented filler that no one would really be mad at continuing in the competition, but once it got down to who makes good reality tv the other team obviously won out.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 3rd May 2019, 08:08 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I don’t think I can think of a less justified bottom 2 placement in any other drag race season?

+Quote this post
p a v
post 3rd May 2019, 08:16 AM
Post #9
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Silky and Vanjie are so boring and expected every single week at this point. Silky just literally shouts her way through all the challenges and that's the only thing that saves her. Although to be fair Vanjie is trying very hard so at least there's that.

Yvie has to slay the next one plz otherwise she might be the Katya style 5th place elimination after Vanjie~ But to be frank the first half of the season focused a LOT on her so maybe it's time for a breather before the last leg.

Nina finally slaying the FUCK out of the challenge. She was beyond incredible, her comedy timing is to die for! We've seen countless other queens be like "oh i'm a trained actor i can do this" and then get to the bottom of the acting challenge. Nina has proven time and time again she has ALL the receipts! there's no bullshit with her.

Brooke giving me winner vibes at this point.

This post has been edited by Conanderella: 3rd May 2019, 08:16 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd May 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Funniest thing of the entire show is Silky saying Akeria being there meant she was on Team Personality rotf.gif

That bottom 2 really could have been any of Vanjie's team, but there is NO way in hell that it should have been Shuga! I don't think "she was worse than two absolute stars" is really a justification for being bottom 2.... As a whole,. the other team just didn't come together and it felt a bit messy and thus altogether was flat, even if individually none of them were terrible or anything (actually as much as I hate to say it, Yvie was probably the worst at the actual performance although I loved her runway). Basing it on both the performance and runway, it probably should have been Akeria and Silky but maybe I'm just saying that because they're my two least faves left laugh.gif

I didn't even stan Shuga and really if you look at who's left, arguably it was her time to go, but based on this challenge there is no way. What's the point of having challenges and judging them if you're just going to decide who has least storyline and chuck them in the bottom?? They should have judged it on groups, had Nina's team win and then all be safe and make the bottom 2 out of the other four. It just made no sense at all :/

Brooke is really running away with this atm, she's taken the Snatch Game bottom 2 and it lit a fire under her, she's now slaying with her performance and personality as well as her looks, and for me that was the only thingholding her back. Yvie really needs a win or at least to pick it back up because that's two "just there" weeks on the trot after the Snatch Game disaster.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 3rd May 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

How the utter f*** was Shuga bottom two mateiral... should have been silky and dare I say Yvie in bottom two...

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 3rd May 2019, 02:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

It really could’ve been any of the other team in the bottom, Shuga was a clear 3rd place this week
Yvie was the most awkward in the challenge, A’Keria done ok but runway didn’t match the theme, Vanjie just faded into background and Silky had personality but was overall messy
I don’t think there’s any justification for Shuga being in the bottom, but since she’s not a fan favourite there’s not gonna be a necessary outcry or backlash like there was for say Trixie the first time she left

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 3rd May 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

WTF at Shuga leaving! That was ridic!

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 3rd May 2019, 08:40 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

The epsiode was good. In fact, I don't think I've been happier this season than to see Nina absolutely slay the challenge and get amazing critiques. wub.gif I hope Nina continues her slayage in the coming weeks and racks up another win or two.

Brooke was great during the challenge and runway. I got so emotional with her during untucked when her mum came on. sob.gif

I thought Shuga did good in the challenge and was very surprised to see her in the bottom 2! She should've been safe 100%. I suppose Ru did warn her in the work room though about trying to stand out. Not to mention she's yet to win a challenge. I really hope Shuga comes back for a season of All Stars.

Silky should've been bottom 2 in my opinion. Her outfit during the challenge was...a choice. It's quite frustrating to see Silky continuing to get by/through the compeition by playing the same "character" over and over, yet Vanjie gets such harsh critique for doing exactly the same thing! At least she was finally in the bottom 3.

Vanjie was disappointing once again. Her runway was lovely though.

A'keria was ok during the challenge and her runway was nice, but it didn't fit the theme. I feel that she should've potentially been in the bottom two over Vanjie.

Yvie's performance during the challenge was cringe worthy. Her runway was my favourite though - STUNNING!

Tbh you could make an argument for anyone of Da Black Magic to be in the bottom 2. Shuga shouldn't have lipsycned.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 3rd May 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Nina makes my heart feel so full and happy — so glad to see her getting the reception she deserves. I hope she can gain momentum from here.

It's funny how Shuga has been one of my least favourites (and generally unmemorable) since the beginning, yet I found her elimination completely unjust and ridiculous. That team was probably one of the most polished and best I have seen on Drag Race. Ever. They didn't miss a beat and should have all been commended for that. Such a produced elimination. Zzz.

The Silky and Vanjie difference in judging continues to bother me. Silky continues to bother me.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 3rd May 2019, 09:52 PM

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 3rd May 2019, 09:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

So relieved to see everyone is as outraged as I am by the result of this ep.

I wasn't a big Shuga fan but she was clearly 3rd this time. She developed so much in the challenge and met the runway category (three times).

I'd have put Silky and A'keria in the bottom two.

Silky was an obnoxious mess as usual and A'keria ignored the runway category. That should've counted against her. They've set a bad precedent there.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: 3rd May 2019, 10:04 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th May 2019, 08:06 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Poor Shuga sad.gif Literally made NO sense, she was well rounded and they were REACHING to put her in the bottom two! I even thought she did better in the lip sync!

I think from everything considered based on this challenge, I would've had Yvie and Silky bottom two. Yvie was completely flat and faded into the background, Silky was a mess and just being herself yet again.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th May 2019, 11:41 AM
Post #18
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I'm not fussed that Shuga has gone - she had outstayed her welcome and overall was the weakest queen (although I guess not technically this week as somebody from "Team Personality" should have gone.)

Vanjie to go next pls.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 4th May 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Slick @ May 4 2019, 12:41 PM) *
I'm not fussed that Shuga has gone - she had outstayed her welcome and overall was the weakest queen (although I guess not technically this week as somebody from "Team Personality" should have gone.)

Vanjie to go next pls.

I have felt the same for weeks (never particularly wowed by Shuga) but I do think the winning team was so good that it should have saved them from even the prospect of being in the bottom.

It just felt very forced and produced — they knew they wanted her to leave before that episode even started.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 4th May 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Yeah Vanjie is really just there for me since 3 weeks from now.

I am so happy for Nina wub.gif she is so adorable and so professional. A'Keria is growing on me and I am really liking her now wub.gif

And yes, Brooke is really leagues ahead from everybody else wub.gif I hope she will be crowned.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:14 AM