BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | All Stars | Season 8 | Episodes 1 & 2, The Fame Games & It's RDR Live!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post 10th May 2023, 04:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

May as well start a thread for this now as the first 15 minute video has just been posted on YouTube for the upcoming episode this Friday

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th May 2023, 07:58 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Honestly don’t think Kahanna should have won that, I would have given to Lala or Jessica, I think Lala due to her emoting and slaying the choreo edged it for me. I thought Jaymes high was a hell of a stretch too, love her and her verse was great, but she didn’t know 99% of the choreo laugh.gif I’m glad she made it through though because she has sooo much to give. If they wanted a comedy high, I feel like Kasha deserved it. Also I feel like Jimbo could very well be walking this, I’d have laughed if you told me prior to it that Jimbo would do well in girl groups!

Bottom 2 was correct for me, sadly Monica seemed disconnected and over it during the performance laugh.gif It would be good to see more from her but I do think she was out of her depth a bit. Aja absolutely ATE the lipsync, I think that might have been my fave lipsync from an LSA since they changed the format in AS5?! God I love her, can’t wait for her to come back and slay bc she should have won AS3 already lowkey…

For me:
WIN LaLa
HIGH Jessica, Kasha, Kahanna
LOW Jaymes
BTM2 Darienne, Monica

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 12th May 2023, 02:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Yeah agree with Lala easily winning the Girl Groups for me but the fashion is what dragged her down to just being high for me.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 12th May 2023, 09:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I really enjoyed the episode! I didn't particularly agree with the judging. I would've had:

Win: Jessica
High: Kahanna, Lala & Kasha
Bottom 2: Monica & Darienne

Lala's nude illusion look ruined her chance of winning for me so I understand why Ru didn't choose her. I thought Jessica did really well and should've been high at least instead of Jaymes. I really loved Jayme's verse though, but she was quite lost in the choreo. laugh.gif

Really happy to see so many queens back. Kasha did really good as well, she played the comedy role really well. Shame to see Darienne bottom 2. I hope we get a comedy challenge soon for her to kill!

Loving that they will display the eliminated queens' runway looks each week and have a fan vote for one of the eliminated queens to win $50,000. I hope they keep doing that for future All Stars season and perhaps even regular seasons! The amount of money and time spent getting so many outfits ready only to then be eliminated early and not able to show them on the main stage was a big issue.

Also that lip sync! Aja killed it. *_*

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 12th May 2023, 09:17 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th May 2023, 10:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Kasha should have won episode 2 for me tbh, I don’t think jimbo was totally undeserving but I find it odd that she was the winner and Jessica wasn’t even in the top. I do think knowing Pangina was the LSA they had to have Jimbo win laugh.gif

I’m pleasantly surprised by Jimbo’s personality thus far, I feel like she is more like early CDR Jimbo rather than being buried by tantrums and bullshit.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 15th May 2023, 08:42 AM
Post #6
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

jimbo is definitely learning from her ukvtw mistakes. it’s so weird seeing her be congenial tho lol

kasha has been robbed of a high placement in both episodes ;( makes me scared for her in the design challenge next week. also darienne’s billie eilish look!!!! top toot of the week

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 15th May 2023, 09:45 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes!

Jaymes is just so much better this time around and am here for the glow up! She was well out of her depth in Season 9, so its good to see how much more confident she is this time around.

By contrast Monica seems to be mentally in the same place she was in Season 5, which is a shame as its good to see Queens who were eliminated early come back to show how good they are now. But there just wasn't the confidence or fight there.

Kahanna... yup some good looks and its clear that she has been away and put in the work. Not really sure about the win, her runway look on the first episode just looked like a big breast plate to me. There were others worthier of the win in that first episode.

Loving Mrs Kasha Davis who has been robbed 2 episodes on the trot - she at least deserved a high placement in Episode 2. Jimbo is great too and I think the balance is right in this series. Kandy seems a bit more toned down to Season 13 - however has yet to really wow.

I wasn't feeling LaLaRi on Season 13, but loving her this time around. Glad Darienne was saved in the first episode as she's such good value. Naysha is lovely, but hasn't really shown anything new.

Overall though its a strong start - like AS6, the cast mix works really well and its good to see so many glow-ups

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 15th May 2023, 04:07 PM
Post #8
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Ok! I am back from holiday and catching up!

Episode 1

Generally pretty good although the recording was a mess and nobody was particularly standout imo! I am loving the cast dynamic. Standouts personality wise thus far: Jimbo, Heidi, Kasha, Jaymes. Queens that will probably go far: Jaymes, Jimbo, Kahanna, Kandy, Alexis. Queens I can't get a read on: Darienne, Jessica, Lala.

I would give the challenge win to Kasha, with Heidi, Jessica and Kahanna high. Agree with the B2 of Darienne and Monica, helped by having the two worst runways. Monica in particular was not ready for AllStars imo.

Not sure how I feel about the Fame Game. I prefer a returning queen twist, but I suppose letting them win money off the bat is actually better for the queens.

Episode 2

A stronger episode where everyone got to show more of their personality and the challenge was a lot more fun. I am liking how they are explicitly back to judging on challenge + runway.

I would give this win to Jimbo based on challenge + runway. Heidi, Kasha and Kandy had great challenge performances but runways that drag them down. As such my highs on this challenge would be Jaymes, Alexis, and Darienne. Lala is low and I agree with the B2 again, however in this episode I think Naysha was the clear worst and once again, I'm surprised at how unprepared she was for Drag Race given she hosts a popular DR viewing party every week and sees exactly what does well with Ru and the judges via it.

Next up, I'm wondering when Kandy will get her standout moment. She's doing better than in S13 and her mug is great, but her runways have both been questionable thus far imo as regards the theme, even when they've been obviously expensive. I have my fingers crossed for Darienne and Kasha however neither has been appreciated yet by the judges which is to me an alarm bell.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 19th May 2023, 05:41 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Didn't realise they were released together!

Loved episode 2, was really fun and no one bombed hugely. I hope they make the drag SNL challenge a reoccuring challenge.

Was sad to see Kasha robbed of a high placement again. Based on the first two episodes, it seems the runways are counting quite a bit to placements.

Was really surprised Jessica wasn't in the top! My thought was:

Win: Jessica or Jimbo
High: Kasha, Jessica or Jimbo, Heidi
Bottom 2: Naysha & Kahana

I don't think Kahana or Naysha did bad either it was a really strong week. Kahana could've gone so much bigger with the cat character though - rather than entering the scene on a chair she could've come in crawling across the desk. Maybe play and knock heidi's papers off the desk etc.

Thought Naysha was the right choice to go home. I was really hoping she would stay a lot longer though! sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:14 PM