BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1989 • 5th album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Aug 19 2014, 03:28 AM
Post #41
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

So excited for this album, you have no idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 19 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I hope iTunes sort out what seems to be some sort of error as the album pre-order isn't showing up on any charts and we all know that it would be top 200 at least somewhere (and most likely top 10 nearly everywhere!).

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 19 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

That error is now sorted and the album is #1 on UK iTunes (and in many other countries too)! I can't believe how successful Taylor has become here, she's also done well with albums since 'Fearless' but this is a new level!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Aug 26 2014, 09:17 AM
Post #44
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

taylorswiftstore.co.uk has the CD up to pre-order and you can also get a mens or womens t-shirt with "Shake It Off" written on the front. Think I'm going to order the CD/t-shirt package biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 8 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Here is an absolutely fantastic article about Taylor by the Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features...-story-20140908

There's quite a few song titles in there and a lovely story about Taylor giving a fan money for her birthday! It'll make sense when you read it kink.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Sep 8 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #46
my anxiety attacks
Member No.: 8,674

The interesting parts condensed;

Swift's focus on sisterhood cuts both ways, because when another woman crosses her, she's equally fierce about hitting back. The angriest song on 1989 is called "Bad Blood," and it's about another female artist Swift declines to name. "For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not," she says. "She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, 'Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?'" Then last year, the other star crossed a line. "She did something so horrible," Swift says. "I was like, 'Oh, we're just straight-up enemies.' And it wasn't even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And I'm surprisingly non-confrontational – you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It's awkward, and I don't like it."

Swift is still talking about "Bad Blood" when she starts to explain why she wants everyone to know it's about a female. "I know people will make it this big girl-fight thing," she says. "But I just want people to know it's not about a guy. You don't want to shade someone you used to date and make it seem like you hate him, when that's not the case. And I knew people would immediately be going in one direction—" As she suddenly realizes that she just accidentally referenced her ex-boyfriend's band, Swift goes white. She buries her face in her hands. "Why?!" she howls, cracking up. It's a classic Taylor Swift Surprised Face, only for real this time.

Swift won't say much about her relationship with Styles, other than that they're now friends. But talking to her, it seems clear that many of the songs on 1989 that are about a guy are about him. There's "I Wish You Would," about an ex who bought a house two blocks from hers (whom she implies was Styles). And "All You Had to Do Was Stay," about a guy who was never willing to commit (ditto). Then there's the song that sets a new high-water mark for Swiftian faux secrecy – a sexy Miami Vice-sounding throwback about a guy with slicked-back hair and a white T-shirt and a girl in a tight little skirt that is called – no joke – "Style." (She allows herself a satisfied grin. "We should have just called it 'I'm Not Even Sorry.'")

Of all the songs on the album that seem to be about Styles, the most intriguing one is "Out of the Woods." Co-written by Antonoff, it's a frantic tale of a relationship where, Swift says, "every day was a struggle. Forget making plans for life – we were just trying to make it to next week." The most interesting part comes when Swift sings, "Remember when you hit the brakes too soon/Twenty stitches in a hospital room." She says it was inspired by a snowmobile ride with an ex who lost control and wrecked it so badly that she saw her life flash before her eyes. Both of them had to go to the ER, although Swift wasn't hurt. She corrects herself: "Not as hurt."

Very intrigued by "Bad Blood" and who people will assume it's about. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 8 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #47
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

It's about Katy. She stole Taylor's backup dancers, midway through Taylor's tour I believe

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #48
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

So excited, everything sounds really promising wub.gif I'd love Bad Blood to be scathing like Better Than Revenge at least!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 8 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I've read that story about Katy as well on ATRL so I assume it's about her!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 9 2014, 09:32 AM
Post #50
Bitch of t seet

Katy on twitter: Watch out for the Regina Georde in sheep's clothe
ohmy.gif

Katy's dancers that left Taylor's tour already confirmed in 2013 they left because Katy asked them back after they toured with her for TD.

He left Tasmania for the US for what he thought would be a final concert with Perry to wrap up the Part of Me 3D movie and an audition to be a back-up dancer for Taylor Swift on her Red Tour. The audition scored him and two of Perry's other dancers a spot on the Red tour. ``I was with Taylor for the first six months,'' Brownlie said. ``It was a great experience and she's a great person to work with, but then Katy contacted us.'' Perry contacted her three former dancers to say she was releasing another album (Prism ) and wanted them to join her on a second world tour. Brownlie spent 10 months in 2011 touring with Perry for her California Dreams world tour. ``Obviously we were with Katy for 2 1/2 years, she's like family to us, so we were, like, `absolutely','' Brownlie said. ``We weren't really dancing in Taylor's tour anyway so I had got a little bored and I really wanted to do a promo tour.'' Working with two different artist was interesting for Brownlie.``The experiences were completely different,'' he said. `Taylor is very untouchable. ``When we did see her, we had so much fun with her, but she's a lot more protected than Katy. ``Katy's 28 now and can do her own thing. ``Her team are so lovely, so we have such a good connection. And this time around she is a lot more in control.'' As part of Perry's promo tour, the crew has taken in numerous countries including Australia, Japan, Tokyo and The Netherlands just in one week. They will continue the promo tour until the full Prism tour starts in May

This post has been edited by *Tim: Sep 9 2014, 09:39 AM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 5 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #51
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Promotional singles should be coming soon judging by Taylor's reply to someone on Instagram, well I think it's Instagram!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 5 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #52
Bitch of t seet

It's tumblr kink.gif
But I expect the first to land this tuesday

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 8 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #53
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Looks like the first promo single will be coming soon (probably on Tuesday) as "Track 4" now has a time next to it (3 minutes 55 seconds) on iTunes whereas all of the others still have the generic 7 or 8 seconds song length. Exciting! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 8 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #54
It's a cruel summer.
Member No.: 20,947

So so excited wub.gif
I need Taylor songs

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 9 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #55
It's a cruel summer.

Taylor's posted a massive clue on instagram with 5 days so we should be getting a new song in 5 days wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 9 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #56
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

To clarify, what is coming in the next few days is a new song that I think best represents #1989. It is NOT my next single. ‪#‎ShakeItOff‬

Can't wait to hear what it sounds like then if it's the best representation of the rest of the album! This is definitely my most anticipated album of the year.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Here's Taylor performing 'Riptide' in the Live Lounge today! wub.gif

And very exciting news about the promotional single, I believe it's called 'Out of the Woods'? It definitely matches the instagram clue anyway. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 9 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #58
It's a cruel summer.

Her performance of riptide in the live lounge today was amazing- I managed to catch that one live
I missed SIO but heard it an hour ago. I thought it was good but the microphone obviously wasn't on properly at the start and the backing singers sometimes were a bit too loud

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 10 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #59
It's a cruel summer.

I am now on a Taylor Speak Now binge listening. I've already done mine, mean, speak now (x2), enchanted (x3), haunted and more of them. I am literally posting so much on instagram at the moment and interacting with other swifties. I love swifties so much wub.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 10 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #60
It's a cruel summer.

Has anyone else read some of the stories that Swifties have posted when they met Taylor yesterday. Some of them are so beautiful so I really recommend reading them- I started crying during a couple of them as well.
Taylor is just so amazing wub.gif

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 PM