BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Great British Bake Off • Series 11, Channel 4; 22nd September
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 17th November 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #141
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Oh Hermine!!! How did she manage to throw it all away sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th November 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #142
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(dandy* @ Nov 17 2020, 09:24 PM) *
Oh Hermine!!! How did she manage to throw it all away sad.gif

The bookies will be happy sad.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 17th November 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #143
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

See i think when it comes to the final it really should not come down to the week in question?? their judging today was kinda laughable tbh.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 17th November 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #144
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I don't think it was too unfair and they are consistent with judging on each week which is fair enough, Hermine messed up on both key challenges and the technical was very close together so never counts as much, and this was Patisserie where she should have excelled. Saying that, Laura does feel exceedingly lucky that her showstopper tasted a little bit better, it'll certainly be very strange if she manages to win after having a strong week.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th November 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #145
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(HarryBorelli @ Nov 17 2020, 09:28 PM) *
See i think when it comes to the final it really should not come down to the week in question?? their judging today was kinda laughable tbh.

If they didn't base it just on that week, there would be little point in Laura turning up for the final. Her only chance of winning would be if Peter and Dave both forgot to turn their oven on at any point in the whole two days.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 17th November 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #146
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

That was a really disappointing episode, I guess Laura for the win now as I cannot stand the guys. Peter “can I ask you to try the other one”. f*** OFF.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 17th November 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #147
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

what an absolute joke

they’re based it on the whole series before in the semi-final. there’s absolutely no doubting Hermine is a better baker than Laura who has scraped her way through. I’d understand if it had been more even across the series or if it had been an earlier week but that’s an absolute farce.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 17th November 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #148
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Klaus @ Nov 17 2020, 09:51 PM) *
what an absolute joke

they’re based it on the whole series before in the semi-final. there’s absolutely no doubting Hermine is a better baker than Laura who has scraped her way through. I’d understand if it had been more even across the series or if it had been an earlier week but that’s an absolute farce.

This is what I meant more yes was Hermine's bake the best? no but at least she managed to ice the cake, laura's counter got more of a glaze than the cakes did. Laura has never been able to finalize these little details like the other three have so constantly scraps by and is rewarded for it. Surely it makes more sense in order to have the best finale to have three strong competitors than have someone who is way weaker than the others.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th November 2020, 10:06 PM
Post #149
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Klaus @ Nov 17 2020, 09:51 PM) *
what an absolute joke

The only time they made a decision based on the series as a whole was when they decided they couldn't separate two people on that week's performance alone.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 17th November 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #150
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Gobsmacked at who went this week, I'm guessing that makes it a complete two-horse race between the boys! Laura has been so lucky to get as far as she did!

Hermine sad.gif Going on what should've been her best week!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th November 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #151
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Poor Hermine! I had her down as the winner last week. I feel for her because overall she’s been so consistently strong and on paper I though she’d excel this week.

Laura really has to be the most chaotic finalist I’ve ever seen. I love her personality but I’ve never known a baker literally just scrape through as many times as what she has. Feels like every week she’s had some sort of disaster but someone else’s has tasted worse or had an even bigger one.

I feel like as it gets later down the line they should perhaps take the whole series into account but yeah.

It seems quite an open final now then. On paper youd assume Peter will walk it but I remember one year there was a baker (I think she was called Steph) she went into the final a massive favourite with something like 4 or 5 star baker wins and she fluffed the final so if he does that it could go to any of the other two.

Laura is someone you just root for though. She’s so likeable and she’s been on one hell of a journey.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th November 2020, 01:57 AM
Post #152
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

Hermine (and Peter) has been the most consistent and solid baker throughout and it's not like Laura had a great month... Hermine had the potential to absolutely deliver in the final. Her flavours were constantly (even in her more underwhelming bakes) a highlight. It's a shame that one crap week ruined it for her. I agree that too much weight gets put on the actual week when they're in the semi-final. sad.gif

I just think this is the blandest finale in terms of the bakers themselves AND their bakes. Tbh not a whole lot this season has stood out as "INCREDIBLE" to me - it's been a largely underwhelming season in my opinion.

Hermine was my absolute favourite from the start though wub.gif What a pure soul! heart.gif

EDIT: Also unpopular (seemingly) but I want Peter to win.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th November 2020, 08:21 AM
Post #153
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Oh I definitely want Peter to win, think it he gets far too much unwarranted hate....

Although at the same time, I want Laura to win just to sum up the series in general. I don’t think any baker has been given so many chances.

+Quote this post
Doug
post 18th November 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #154
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

My sister said that Laura is literally the Cheryl Hole/Roxxxy Andrews of this series... summed up perfectly!

+Quote this post
Mikee1981
post 18th November 2020, 09:59 AM
Post #155
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 5,484

first week my top 3 was Peter, Dave and Lottie and 2 still there, Laura is the showstopper assassin does 2 crap bakes then comes for the kill, gutted for Hermine she certainly should have been in the final

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 18th November 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #156
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Yeah it was a shame thgat Hermine went, but it was understandable. Laura's may have looked crap, but as with her signature it tasted good.

Out of the finalists I want Laura to win.... I didn't really care about her at the start, but she's grown on me quite a lot and is the only one of the finalists with a personality.

Peter and Dave seem to be unable to blink and both have very intense eyes. Peter also is quite robotic, I expect him to win though.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 18th November 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #157
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Well I want Dave to win cos i have him in sweepstake here BUT i think it will be peter. I can't see it being Laura at all.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th November 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #158
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Dave in his shorts was the highlight of yesterday tbf

I'm expecting Peter to win because they said it was a close one in the preview and in those cases I feel like they'd look at how Peter has been the strongest of the 3 across the series and give it to him, but that's based on nothing laugh.gif For all we know, that could mean Peter bombed and Dave and Laura did really well and it's neck and neck where they can't decide I guess

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 18th November 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #159
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

It looks like Laura has had to put up with a lot of nasty comments who think yesterday's result is somehow her fault sad.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th November 2020, 04:30 PM
Post #160
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Good for her. I like Laura and, whilst she's definitely scraped through a few rounds, she wasn't the worst yesterday. She made a delicious cake with one error (the glaze) whilst Hermine unfortunately made lots of errors from the way it looked to the way it tasted sad.gif On day one I doubt Hermine was that far ahead of Laura either, it was only the technical where she did notably better.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 03:50 AM