BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nintendo Switch, March 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Oct 20 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #1
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This looks amazing. Definitely planning to pre-order to get it on release, always been more into Nintendo games and doubling up as both a home and portable console looks so cool.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 20 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #2
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Looks amazing! And a new Zelda game coming too <3

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 20 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Looks great but I just bloody bought a Wii U laugh.gif I may wait until like Q4 next year, to see if it's worth getting game wise but it does look great and very versatile, plus it looks like it will really rectify one major flaw of the Wii U - the awful resolution and graphics on the gamepad. There are rumbles of a Pokemon game with Kalos and Alola on this and I am definitely needing that when it's out wub.gif

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Oct 21 2016, 12:48 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

This looks cool, I'm gonna miss the dual screen design of the DS and 3DS though.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 13 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #5
my anxiety attacks

Confirmed to be out on March 3rd, but £280 sounds a bit steep. And Mario Kart doesn't arrive until the end of April.. sad.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jan 26 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

Will definitely be buying this. Paying a deposit on the 8th which is only £20 but it will be from the second batch of console orders from game. It seems to be filling up its 2million quota quite fast if I'm honest but I've also heard that Nintendo have requested another million for launch day from their suppliers. I'm super excited to get this though.

Also apparently The Switch is so far selling more units than the PS4 was at its same point in its preordering stage but I'm sure this is probably more to do with the fact that people through the Wii U was just an upgrade to the Wii and we're waiting for the next proper console!

+Quote Post
JSG
post Feb 24 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend

Anyone preordered or paid a deposit? I've paid my deposit and pay the rest on the 3Rd when I pick it up.

I'm going to shell out for the new Zelda. Beyond ecstatic for it.

Also I've noticed the hype for the switch keeps going up and up. It can only be a good thing. It ultimately seems, at the moment at least that Nintendo has manages to convey exactly what they want this to be and people are eating it up!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 24 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I think I'll wait until later this year, when there are more games. At the minute it's just Zelda and the new Mario Kart so I might wait until Christmas time or so when there's bound to be big name Q4 games.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 3 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #9
my anxiety attacks

Let us know how you find it James. I didn't pre-order in the end but I might go out in search of one this weekend on the chance not everywhere has already sold out at the minute. I'm not too bothered until Mario Kart arrives though.

Zelda has a lot of hype but I don't remember playing a Zelda game before and I'm a bit unsure whether it would be my thing or not.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Mar 3 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #10
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Mar 3 2017, 02:24 PM) *
Zelda has a lot of hype but I don't remember playing a Zelda game before and I'm a bit unsure whether it would be my thing or not.

It depends on what type of games you like. This is more open than previous Zelda games and you can physically visit the entire map near enough straight away (there are no "gates" that block you from visiting places until a certain part of the story is complete).

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 3 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend

I've got it right now. Walking home with that and Zelda! I'm ecstatic!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 3 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #12
my anxiety attacks

QUOTE(Oliver @ Mar 3 2017, 03:00 PM) *
It depends on what type of games you like. This is more open than previous Zelda games and you can physically visit the entire map near enough straight away (there are no "gates" that block you from visiting places until a certain part of the story is complete).

I used to play Runescape, are they at all comparable? laugh.gif (I read something about Zelda having weapons and quests to complete etc). Otherwise is there anything else to compare it too? As long as there is a story and clear objectives to complete (like GTA) I'd be willing to take the chance.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 3 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend

Zelda is amazing. I played it for 6 hours straight. Haven't gotten very far mind you but it is challenging compared to previous entries. I assumed I'd really want the pro controller to replace the one they give you but I have wee hands so it actually a breeze to use and I've had no problems with either of the Joy cons either.

Will possibly invest in the charging joycon grip since they give you a bog standard non charging one too laugh.gif

The only thing that is slightly annoying about it is lack of Bluetooth earphones support etc. Only wired headphones are compatible although I am going to buy a Bluetooth headphone jack adapter and hope for the best.

Switching from TV to on the go is a breeze and it really couldnt be any better than it is right now Minus the lack of Bluetooth headset support.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Mar 3 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #14
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Mar 3 2017, 09:13 PM) *
I used to play Runescape, are they at all comparable? laugh.gif (I read something about Zelda having weapons and quests to complete etc). Otherwise is there anything else to compare it too? As long as there is a story and clear objectives to complete (like GTA) I'd be willing to take the chance.

I think it's like most other open-world games nowadays, where there's a main story quest line but you don't necessarily *have* to do that, you can go off and do your own thing. Stuff like GTA, Fallout, Assassin's Creed etc. where you have so much other stuff to do if you don't want to finish the main story straight away.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 7 2017, 08:02 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend

Has anyone bought one yet?

Apparently it managed double in the UK what the Wii U sold in its debut weekend which is impressive but even mores for the fact that the switch launched in march and the Wii U in the Xmas period.

Nintendo America have also Saif that it's the fastest selling Nintendo console in history for the first two days in its debut too!

I'm so glad I bought one and tbh Zelda was definitely a justified reason to purchase it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 7 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #16
my anxiety attacks

I went into my local Game store yesterday and put a deposit down ready for when they get more stock. biggrin.gif I'd be happy to wait a few weeks until Mario Kart arrives, but I want to be prepared and don't want to be unable to get one when that time comes.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 7 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Mar 7 2017, 08:05 AM) *
I went into my local Game store yesterday and put a deposit down ready for when they get more stock. biggrin.gif I'd be happy to wait a few weeks until Mario Kart arrives, but I want to be prepared and don't want to be unable to get one when that time comes.

Aww yass! It really is a technological marvel and it really is a uniquely Nintendo thing to do. I love the fact that I can take a console quality game into work and play it on my break (or the toilet) laugh.gif

I'm glad you decided to get one and I can only assume your getting Zelda too tongue.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 7 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #18
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

I always used to buy Nintendo consoles on the first day...but I can't justify it until more games come out. £60 seems very steep for new games too, like the SNES days!

It does look like a fantastic bit of kit though!

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Mar 7 2017, 09:25 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

I might get one ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Brer
post Mar 7 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #20
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

I bought a Wii U straight away and ended up barely using it so holding off on buying this for now at least.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:50 PM