BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nintendo Switch, March 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 26th April 2019, 12:16 AM
Post #81
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

CTR had a whole story mode as well doesn’t it? Racing through the different bosses like challenges
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th April 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #82
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah, very similar to Diddy Kong Racing in that respect, obviously it's hardly a full on engrossing story but you can only do so much with a kart racer anyway and it doesn't hurt to have something.

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 27th April 2019, 01:11 PM
Post #83
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844

OMG the Yoshi game is absolutely iconic (and it might just be that me and Jack are bad at it but I'm struggling with the daisies haha)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th April 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I had NO Idea they were porting Saints Row 3 wtffff, just pre-ordered I am so hyped

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 27th April 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #85
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

Wow really? I had no idea but I will definitely be getting that! It's good to see more & more games getting confirmed ports.

Currently obsessed with Stardew Valley, I'm only on day 21 but I'm loving it. It started off a bit slow and is still working up but I'm enjoying it a lot.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th April 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

10th May, it's £4 off if you pre-order so I went for it laugh.gif

All the ports are great I agree, some older games I can finally play or play again with flexibility to be portable, I picked up Final Fantasy X too as I've still never got around to that and really need to.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 16th March 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #87
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Saw Lotti has joined the Switch club. A wise choice if self isolation means you have loads of free time. What Switch games would you recommend at the moment for any new players?

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 16th March 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #88
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I really enjoyed Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - it's pretty easy really but I was impressed by how well they switched things up within a small environment.

I'm a sucker for games that are probably aimed at kids but I like the light heartedness of them - I've got Super Mario Odyssey and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to play through next happy.gif Oh and some Rayman game that I actually think I've played before on a different platform but am still enjoying all over again.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th March 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #89
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

If you want to get your teeth into something big and story based, Final Fantasy X's remaster! Also recommend Pokemon (Sword and Shield is not a bad entry point but Let's Go Pikachu/Eeevee as much as I dislike it is a good casual entry point), Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart for "lighter" plays.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 17th March 2020, 07:33 AM
Post #90
Group icon
User: 13,007

For an intense/challenge and expansive game series Fire Emblem has had me hooked for months now. It's probably my favourite Switch game away from Breath of the Wild (which will never be touched).

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 17th March 2020, 07:53 AM
Post #91
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

As of today I have the following games for the Switch

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Splatoon 2
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Super Mario Party
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Pokémon Shield

In a few days to be joined by 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons', of course.

Still not ruling out the possibility that I will ever buy 'Breath of the Wild' in the future laugh.gif. I've just never played a Zelda game so I've been on the fence about getting that one since forever.

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 16 2020, 10:58 PM) *
I really enjoyed Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - it's pretty easy really but I was impressed by how well they switched things up within a small environment.

I'm a sucker for games that are probably aimed at kids but I like the light heartedness of them - I've got Super Mario Odyssey and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to play through next happy.gif Oh and some Rayman game that I actually think I've played before on a different platform but am still enjoying all over again.

DKC: Tropical Freeze is still my favorite game for the Switch I think. The scenery >>>, the music>>>. I could listen to the soundtrack for hours. And it's a very challenging game as well. The fact that every single level is so distinct from the previous one. They really nailed everything about it. I hope you will enjoy.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 17th March 2020, 10:34 AM
Post #92
Group icon
Mansonette

I’m sure I will do... I loved the previous Donkey Kong platform game on Wii(?)

Any more recommendations for fun games for one player, please share! What was Yoshi like?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th March 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #93
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

In terms of platformers, the Shantae series is soooo underrated, it's a decent challenge at times too.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 17th March 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #94
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 17 2020, 11:34 AM) *
Any more recommendations for fun games for one player, please share! What was Yoshi like?

I thought it was a lot of fun but it's definitely a kid's game more than anything. It's really easy, but a challenge if you go for all the collectibles. If you are the type of player who does one run through and is then done with a game then I say definitely skip it. If you are a player who likes to go back to levels (like me) and find new things and collect everything then it could be worth looking into. The red coins and daisies are fun to collect. Finding the crafts can also be enjoyable but they make you replay the level too often for it. Finding the poochy pups is.. not that interesting, except that you can see the levels from the 'flip side'. The aesthetics of the game are great (everything is super cute and, well, crafty) and like Donkey Kong, not one level feels similar to a previous one. I do not regret the purchase at all as I've even replayed it a few times but it definitely has its cons that could turn people off of it.

I also hear a lot of good things about Hollow Knight but haven't tried it myself. It is a platformer and apparently very challenging and very extensive.

Maybe Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe but I skipped it because I thought it looks super basic and similar to all previous entries. Still if you like 2D Mario you can't really go wrong here + you get the Luigi Deluxe game as a bonus. I played it with a friend and it was still fun, just super disappointing if you compare it to something like Donkey Kong.

I'm also hearing good things about Ring Fit Adventure. But if anyone here has any experience with this game then I would like to know more as well laugh.gif.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 17th March 2020, 09:49 PM
Post #95
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 17 2020, 10:47 AM) *
In terms of platformers, the Shantae series is soooo underrated, it's a decent challenge at times too.

Just looked this up and it looks fun! It's added to my list...

And Atonement I do enjoy going back through if the levels are inventive so Yoshi could be up my street, I do really like the aesthetic of the game from the trailers *.*

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 18th March 2020, 02:58 AM
Post #96
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

I might add Donkey Kong to my list too, it looked interesting but I've always put it off - but I might have more time at home soon laugh.gif

I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with some leftover birthday money the other day. I'm not too far into it yet but I'm enjoying it a lot, I'm feeling very nostalgic although I would have just as much loved a brand new Mystery Dungeon game feature more recent Pokemon too. I love how much effort has been put into remakes lately but I'd enjoy new content even more.

Don't Starve on the Switch is an amazing port also - easy to control and has the exact same feel as the PC version. Fully recommend.

I also can't recommend enough Link's Awakening. Breath of the Wild is a brilliant game in its own right but you need to be committed to a game like that, it's a huge expansive world with an endless stream of things to do but sometimes that thought is a bit daunting for casual gamers. Link's Awakening is a Zelda game just as much but I found it a lot lighter and easier to enjoy whilst still having lots of challenges. There's a solid story and amazing artwork. It's very different to BoTW whilst still being a TLOZ game- just like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is very different to Sword/Shield whilst still being a Pokemon game.

This post has been edited by Dexton: 18th March 2020, 03:02 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th March 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #97
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I'm not huuuugely feeling the new Mystery Dungeon sad.gif I think I'm underlevelled and I just got to the point where you first have to leave town, I swear the original was never this hard?? The nostaliga is great and the new art style is cute but it's just frustrating at the minute laugh.gif I have to keep using the Pelipper post office to rescue myself with my own team but then I have to go up like 7 floors with my better Pokemon then carry on with the rest as my Torchic and Totodile who just keep dying on that floor anyway D:

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 17 2020, 09:49 PM) *
Just looked this up and it looks fun! It's added to my list...
And Atonement I do enjoy going back through if the levels are inventive so Yoshi could be up my street, I do really like the aesthetic of the game from the trailers *.*

Shantae is great for that as well so that's good! It's MetroidVania so it kind of almost has RPG elements, not in the way of levelling up but you find/acquire new abilities and upgrades so you can go back and find all the collectibles, for example you get transformations so there's a mermaid one where you can swim underwater and get to new places, there's a mouse one to crawl into smaller spaces, it's so fun to go back to the levels you completed and go into a new area and discover everything.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 18th March 2020, 02:49 PM
Post #98
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

hello finally found this thread!! i have mario kart 8, spyro trilogy and have pre-ordered animal crossing!!

+Quote this post
jakee
post 18th March 2020, 03:00 PM
Post #99
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

i’ve copied lolita without realising

i have zelda, mario kart, smash bros, animal crossing and pokemon shield all on their way!!

+Quote this post
jakee
post 18th March 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #100
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

can’t wait to live my life vicariously through animal crossing

+Quote this post