BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jason Orange quits band!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Sep 24 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #1
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Official statements from Jason along with Mark, Gary & Howard have been posted on http://www.takethat.com/ !

I want to start by saying how proud I am of what we have achieved together over the years. However, at a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album. I have spent some of the best years of my life with Take That and I'd like to thank everyone who has been a part of my journey, including my band mates, who I feel are like brothers to me. Most especially my gratitude goes to all of the good and kind, beautiful and ever-loyal fans of the band, without whom none of this could have been possible. Thank you.

At the end of The Progress Tour I began to question whether it might be the right time for me to not continue on with Take That. At the start of this year and with my full knowledge and blessing the guys began writing new material. There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this. I know how much Mark, Gary and Howard enjoy writing and making music, and they know that they have my full support and encouragement to continue on with what is to be another chapter for the band.

Jason Orange
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay727
post Sep 24 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,273

I'm shocked...didn't see this coming. Looks like this will be their last album then

+Quote Post
nirvanamusic
post Sep 24 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,950
   No Gallery Pics

It s a shame but I ve thought for awhile with momentum perhaps this album should be their last and now prove they can do it as a three. Then the greatest hits vol 2 whilst they are still on top like first time around.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Sep 24 2014, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 24 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #4
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

Wow! ohmy.gif I definitely did not see this coming, I can't imagine them as a trio at all.

Although to be fair, Wooden Boat aside, Jason wasn't exactly integral, I guess he helped the harmonies.

As much as I adore them, it really probably should end for good soon. Progress felt like a fantastic final chapter and end to the story with Robbie back. Continuing on as three just seems bizarre, I can only hope they come back with some incredible music, have a great era, release a second greatest hits and then call it a day. I really wouldn't want to see them come back with an album that barely sells and no hit singles.

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Sep 24 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #5
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Indeed this is most unexpected news, but obviously Jason wanted to move on so good luck to him with whatever he does next. What I will say is this: they said a comeback without Robbie wasn't possible. They then released two of the biggest selling albums of their career. I'm excited to hear the new stuff they've been working on anyhow.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Sep 24 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 24 2014, 10:52 PM) *
Wow! ohmy.gif I definitely did not see this coming, I can't imagine them as a trio at all.

Although to be fair, Wooden Boat aside, Jason wasn't exactly integral, I guess he helped the harmonies.

As much as I adore them, it really probably should end for good soon. Progress felt like a fantastic final chapter and end to the story with Robbie back. Continuing on as three just seems bizarre, I can only hope they come back with some incredible music, have a great era, release a second greatest hits and then call it a day. I really wouldn't want to see them come back with an album that barely sells and no hit singles.

To be honest I could see it coming. I think you're wrong about Jason not being integral though. He had a lovely voice but his input was more than that - the magic of Take That is those four (or even five) guys. I'm sure their new album will be a huge success and I'm certain Jason is being entirely honest when he says he wishes them all the best. I have to be honest though - although I really didn't rate Progress that much - I was still watching Take That with interest (even going so far as going to see one of the Manchester legs of the tour) but when watching that 'Look Back Don't Stare' program - I couldn't help but get the impression (and I know I'm not alone in thinking this) that Jason was being edged out a little. Edit - It looked as though Jason felt he was being edged out (whether that is true or not).

I'm hoping this isn't the last of Jason though. He's a really nice bloke and I'd like to see a bit more of him in some dramas (he can play a really nasty villain when he puts his mind to it).

This post has been edited by Kath: Sep 24 2014, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
jay727
post Sep 24 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member

Yeah I would be very surprised if they continued past next year although id love them to. However, they could reunite as a 5 for their 30 year anniversary in 2020....

This post has been edited by jay727: Sep 24 2014, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 24 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #8
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kath @ Sep 24 2014, 11:22 PM) *
To be honest I could see it coming. I think you're wrong about Jason not being integral though. He had a lovely voice but his input was more than that - the magic of Take That is those four (or even five) guys. I'm sure their new album will be a huge success and I'm certain Jason is being entirely honest when he says he wishes them all the best. I have to be honest though - although I really didn't rate Progress that much - I was still watching Take That with interest (even going so far as going to see one of the Manchester legs of the tour) but when watching that 'Look Back Don't Stare' program - I couldn't help but get the impression (and I know I'm not alone in thinking this) that Jason was being edged out a little. Edit - It looked as though Jason felt he was being edged out (whether that is true or not).

I'm hoping this isn't the last of Jason though. He's a really nice bloke and I'd like to see a bit more of him in some dramas (he can play a really nasty villain when he puts his mind to it).

I agree to an extent but to me he's always very much felt like the 'fifth member', or at least on par with Howard but at least he has Never Forget, the chorus of Rule The World and quie a few album tracks recently. Poor Jason was never given anything of note to do - despite having a lovely voice as you say - so no wonder he felt edged out. He's clearly quite a quiet guy and in a band with big personalities I guess he was never going to be at the forefront.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Sep 24 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #9
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

I don't quite see how Take That could really operate as a trio, but I guess we're about to find out.

+Quote Post
IrisAlbastru
post Sep 25 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,760
   No Gallery Pics

Well, i am quite sad about Jason leaving. I saw that coming, he was so "not there" during the Progress promotion. I am not sad for Jason, it is better for him if he is not happy with being in the band anymore that he stops. I am not sad for Gary as he have a great music career of his own. I am sad for Howard, even when he has his niche with the DJ and the german reality show: he was the heart of the band, the one who was always proud and happy to just be TakeThat, i am sure he will miss it the most. I am sad for Mark, as i don't see what he can do in the future and i will miss his music the most. How the mighty fall is still in my top 5 and In your own time in top 20 . Perhaps he can make a new band with Ben Mark and Jamie Norton and i hope they will take a name as a band and make a new beginning and just enjoy to do music. Or he can make music for theater like he did before or for indie movies. That would be great, but i don't know how much foot has he in the industry.

I think that this will be their last album, they have already commitments and contracts, they cannot leave now. I wonder if they will do an extent tour, it would sell out as everybody will knewit is their last. Even when i was not happy with progress and neither solo albums, i am still very curious about the new materials, as they changed their style with everyy new one. I have no band where i like everything they come with, not even with my bands no 1 Depeche Mode and REM, so it was not a big deal for me not liking more than 3 songs on the Progress.

Heck, they still gave me the mighty Shine, Rule the World and another bunch of great songs i will always enjoy to hear. Nothing is forever....

+Quote Post
jay727
post Sep 25 2014, 07:56 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Sep 25 2014, 12:32 AM) *
I don't quite see how Take That could really operate as a trio, but I guess we're about to find out.

They said that about TT as a 4 and look how that worked out!

+Quote Post
Mangų
post Sep 25 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

I don't get why everyone thinks this should be their last album and they should quit just because Jason's left. There's no reason why they can't continue as a trio in the future (or even a foursome if Robbie decides to rejoin for a future album). As long as they're writing good songs, that's all that should matter, that should be the deciding factor for whether they carry on past the next album. I'm sure Gary's still capable of writing some more classics. Having said all that, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they decide they don't want to carry on as a trio - it would be a shame though.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 25 2014, 09:41 AM
Post #13
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

I just think after such an incredible career narrative it would be sad to see them slowly fade out to irrelevance and diminishing returns (should that ever happen). They'd be better to go out on top with a second greatest hits or something, maybe next Xmas. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.

+Quote Post
jay727
post Sep 25 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member

I don't think they will ever go (announce a break up). I think they will just go quiet until certain moments such as 30 years in the industry and come back with a 5. Howard tweeted that he needs TT in his life and Im sure Gary and Mark feel the same way

+Quote Post
Mangų
post Sep 25 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

Yeah I agree, I don't think they'll ever officially announce a break-up, they'll probably just leave it longer between albums, while Gary and Mark continue to work on solo projects in between etc.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 25 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #16
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

I'm curious to see how much the latest album shifts in its opening week. Even with the tax evasion stuff, the rapid market decline, losing two members since the last album and the lack of general hype around this era, I'd like to think it could cross 200k.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Sep 25 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Jason in my own view from a marketing/commercial point of view is the best one to leave. That said, i did not want him to leave and would prefer he stayed but Gary and Mark and Howard are bigger members of the band and more fore front particularly Gary and Mark. I do believe they can work as a trio, i do believe Robbie will work with them again and part of me believes Jason was never happy with Robbie ever coming back.

My biggest fear of Jason leaving is the others will call it quits once the new album is released, something like what happened when Robbie quit and they released nobody else. I do not want this to happen as i feel they can continue as a trio. That said, i would prefer them to out on top rather than fade away but i also agree i think the material will come at a very spread out rate from here on in. I do see the new album achieving success, whether that will follow in the steps of the previous 4 albums all selling 2 million and over i dont know but i do not forecast them having any trouble achieving another million selling album which is no bad feat considering the current climate of sales.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Sep 25 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Sep 25 2014, 03:54 PM) *
Jason in my own view from a marketing/commercial point of view is the best one to leave. That said, i did not want him to leave and would prefer he stayed but Gary and Mark and Howard are bigger members of the band and more fore front particularly Gary and Mark. I do believe they can work as a trio, i do believe Robbie will work with them again and part of me believes Jason was never happy with Robbie ever coming back.

My biggest fear of Jason leaving is the others will call it quits once the new album is released, something like what happened when Robbie quit and they released nobody else. I do not want this to happen as i feel they can continue as a trio. That said, i would prefer them to out on top rather than fade away but i also agree i think the material will come at a very spread out rate from here on in. I do see the new album achieving success, whether that will follow in the steps of the previous 4 albums all selling 2 million and over i dont know but i do not forecast them having any trouble achieving another million selling album which is no bad feat considering the current climate of sales.

But that's what Gary said about Take That - NO-ONE is bigger than the band. I'm sure there are a lot of people like yourself Pippa who value certain members over others - I liked Take That the product and that product was the four of them (I can't really say five as I never came to them as a five - even though I enjoyed Robbie's set on the Progress tour). Unless its a four - its not Take That. Now especially as Gary's solo career has soared its just not Take That anymore - now people will say 'oh its Gary Barlow and his two backing dancers/singers' instead of Gary Barlow and his three backing dancers/singers. I say people - I don't mean those people who've seen the tours and realised just HOW MUCH the other three put into making Take That what they were. As people have said in the past - if those singles from the first era and those from the second had been sung by just one person - no way on God's Green Earth would they have been the massive hits they were - all four (five first time) were responsible - not just one person.

I'm actually glad for Jason (I actually could see it coming) he did seem to be excluded quite a bit from The Progress era - and the documentary LBDS illustrated that to me. One things for sure though - with Jason gone - they've lost the most fanciable fella!

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Sep 25 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

Bit unexpected news..I just hope this doesn't impact on the release of their new album. Like other people have said though - I can't see them continuing as a threesome and not just because Jason has left but I think this will be the catalyst for them to break up and Gary will continue with a solo career. Gary has proven with his current release that he can make a solo career successful.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Sep 25 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

It is easy to see it all from both sides. Jason is an original member who appears to get on well with everyone and was part of keeping the band grounded and partly realistic as we seen in the LBDS documentary. I have often felt Jason was not as comfortable with the huge fame as the others were and to his credit to walk away from such a band that has achieved so much is a brave step to take. Jason is someone i see that will enjoy the rewards of Take That (financially) and live a comfortable happy life out of the spotlight, for that i wish him all the luck in the world.

Take That started out as 5, then became 4, became 5 again and is now 3. That is many changes, and maybe too many. Thiscould be enough for it all to end. Maybe they will promote this new album and announce early next year they will call it a day. If this is the route they decide i can see the new album not getting toured and instead a greatest hits will be announced with a farewell tour. What makes me doubt this view is, if that is the way they are planning i would think they would have sat down with Jason and explained that they will all call it a day and stay and be part of the farewell tour as i suspect Gary, Mark and Howard would have known Jason is leaving for a while.

What do i want, if the stay together as a trio and can still produce good material i would be happy to support them. Take That have provided me with some fantastic songs that signal many memories in my life, i would like that to continue. I was a massive fan of Gary;s recent solo effort Since I Saw You Last and would welcome more solo music from him. Mark will continue with solo material regardless, but Howard, what will he do? Howard was the most affected by the first Take That split, he appears to be the one who most wants Take That to stay together so i am sure Howard is worried now and fears the prospect of what he went through when they originally split.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:20 PM